Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

First Attemps

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Face totally looks better, but the arm still looks a little too round to me. It's much better than what it was, but it still looks puffy. The shading is good though.

user posted image

I hope you don't mind but I edited myself to help explain what I meant. You see how your arm curves out really far from the armor? It makes it look like the armor doesn't fit or that he has a large tumor on his arm. If you make the arm straighter, it looks like it fits better. (Btw I used dart's arm if you're wondering).

#42 Fitz24

Fitz24

The man, the myth, the Fitz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

That splice isn't that bad. I do actually like it. I'm seeing a lot of improvement. Good work.
user posted image

Check out my Let's Plays!
http://www.youtube.c...tz?feature=mhum

Leif is the greatest character ever.

#43 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 29 2011, 12:27 PM)
Face totally looks better, but the arm still looks a little too round to me. It's much better than what it was, but it still looks puffy. The shading is good though.

user posted image

I hope you don't mind but I edited myself to help explain what I meant. You see how your arm curves out really far from the armor? It makes it look like the armor doesn't fit or that he has a large tumor on his arm. If you make the arm straighter, it looks like it fits better. (Btw I used dart's arm if you're wondering).

I don't mind at all. One thing that I know i've never been good at in drawing is defining features (like fingers, elbows, etc.) so this really helps out a lot. If you don't mind may i use the edited version you did as the final for him?

Also it's good to hear that I'm improving on my shading.
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#44 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

If you want go ahead, but you might want to try it yourself to just for practice. Just so you know, I think you have a couple skin tones in there, very subtle differences but they're there. Just stick it in usenti and you should see it.

#45 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 29 2011, 03:36 PM)
If you want go ahead, but you might want to try it yourself to just for practice. Just so you know, I think you have a couple skin tones in there, very subtle differences but they're there. Just stick it in usenti and you should see it.

Yeah I'll probably have to go back and do that with most of them, seeing as how I've spliced together multiple parts without getting rid of the old ones first. xD
user posted image

#46 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

Yeah I love usenti cause if you have one sprite in there, and then paste a new one in, it will automatically recolor it to the closet it can get to the original sprite.

#47 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 29 2011, 06:05 PM)
Yeah I love usenti cause if you have one sprite in there, and then paste a new one in, it will automatically recolor it to the closet it can get to the original sprite.

Haha I downloaded the program today and it's already confusing, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. Anways I decided I should try my hand at doing the arm on Andrew and I think it's much better than when i started. It may still be a bit beefy for your tastes, but he's not a Beserker for nothing. tongue.gif
Oh also I think I fixed the skin color issue on him. Seems he had 2 sets of the light skin color on him. Should be ok now though I think.

user posted image
user posted image

#48 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Looks alright to me. And you're right, I do think it's a little beefy, but it's MUCH better than when you started.

And actually, the neck might be like a pixel or two wide, touch that up and it should be fine.

#49 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 30 2011, 10:07 AM)
Looks alright to me. And you're right, I do think it's a little beefy, but it's MUCH  better than when you started.

And actually, the neck might be like a pixel or two wide, touch that up and it should be fine.

Ok how's this? I hope the neck is better but I'm not to sure. Also the arm is better now too, least I think so.

user posted image
user posted image

#50 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Arm is better, something about the outline looks a little blocky, but it's fine.

The neck could be a bit thinner, try taking off one or two pixels on the right side (our pov)

#51 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 30 2011, 11:04 AM)
Arm is better, something about the outline looks a little blocky, but it's fine.

The neck could be a bit thinner, try taking off one or two pixels on the right side (our pov)

I think the reason for that is because of the shading next to that part of the arm.

As for the neck, I can't seem to do anything without messing it up unfortunately.
user posted image

#52 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

Huh, yeah I tried messing around with the neck too, I dunno why but I can't do much to fix it really. I'll try harder in the morning when I'm not tried/lazy.

#53 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Sea Lion @ Jun 30 2011, 08:10 PM)
Huh, yeah I tried messing around with the neck too, I dunno why but I can't do much to fix it really. I'll try harder in the morning when I'm not tried/lazy.

Haha it's all good. Thank you for the help.
user posted image

#54 Freohr Datia

Freohr Datia

:D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

Actually if I could pitch in here... I think shift it on the left side from our pov because comparing it to the chin and how other mugs have it, it may need to come in a bit more. Hope this works.

EDIT: Er, uh.... well maybe not all of the FE mugs have it in closer. But if it looks wide that's what I'd recommend...

user posted image

#55 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Freohr Datia @ Jun 30 2011, 08:47 PM)
Actually if I could pitch in here... I think shift it on the left side from our pov because comparing it to the chin and how other mugs have it, it may need to come in a bit more. Hope this works.

EDIT: Er, uh.... well maybe not all of the FE mugs have it in closer. But if it looks wide that's what I'd recommend...

Did you mean something like this?

user posted image
user posted image

#56 Freohr Datia

Freohr Datia

:D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

Yeah it definitely looks better! I think I kinda wanna wait on someone else's opinion too though because I still kinda feel I'm a bit new at this (either that or I'm horrible at proportioning with humans) so I'd wait for someone who do know how to proportion. =]
user posted image

#57 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Alright, I think I figured out what I don't like about the neck, it's not that it's too thick, it's too straight. If you look at the right edge of the neck (our pov) it's a perfectly straight line. However, if you look at literally any gba sprite they all have a slight slant to them. Reference sad or mad eliwood for a good example of what I mean.

#58 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Ok so I had to change his hair color because it blended in way to well with his skin, so it's blue now. Hopefully the neck is ok now though.

user posted image
user posted image

#59 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

You've got the right idea, you just need to shade it more where there's the shift in width now, otherwise it'll look like he has a block sticking out of his neck.

#60 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Ok so I tweaked Andrew a bit so he should be set. I also decided to do a fairly simple splice for a mage. I think it turned out pretty well.

Here's small edit on andrew
user posted image

His name is Paul.

user posted image
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users