Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

AMA: Oblivon Knight

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Since bblues closed his thread... and I was MIA for a while... and how many new regulars might not know me... I figured, sure why not. Curious about, my goals, hobbies, favorite games, past experiences? Whatever? Fire away.
Thread'll remain open until I can't be assed to answer any more questions.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#2 Mikki

Mikki

Ultra Member

• Banned
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yay! First question! happy.gif

Why did you join Fire Emblem Shrine?

#3 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Want to play Smite with me?
user posted image

#4 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

What makes you think you're the OTRyan of FES when I joined first? >:(
Posted Image

#5 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Mikki @ Jan 19 2013, 10:47 AM)
Yay! First question! happy.gif

Why did you join Fire Emblem Shrine?

I expected this question and I'm glad it was asked. Let's see here, if I remember properly, FEND was my first ever forum (not just FE related), since I was well, a newbie much of the coldness that transpired me there drove me away. Interested in making new friends and not wanting to give up on the FE series so quickly, I decided to look into FEND's affiliates and FES was on the list. I gave it a shot and was welcomed fairly well from a long shoutbox conversation which I'm fairly certain most actives of this day were around for, Shu the Great/Jake being one of them. After the heartwarming welcome, FES became my internet home of sorts and yeah.

QUOTE (Kingultra @ Jan 19 2013, 10:59 AM)
Want to play Smite with me?

Of course. Feel like waiting until the next patch so I could reffer you and get rewards for doing so? xD As far as I know a refferal system is close to being completed and I'd like to be rewarded for introducing my friends to smite. Gotta get dem nice skins, man.

QUOTE (Ryokutheman @ Jan 19 2013, 11:07 AM)
What makes you think you're the OTRyan of FES when I joined first? >:(

Mainly because you weren't active at all when I joined and I didn't think much of you besides the general lurker sterotype for a long while as you never really were active for a long time period. Pretty easy for someone to lose their name of fame if they vanish from the stage, wouldn't you say? Obviously you were here before me and have participated after your disappearance of sorts so I can't claim to be the one true Ryan of FES. Merely something we're both going to have to put up with having the same name and encounter silliness over wondering which "Ryan" was being addressed in a conversation.

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#6 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

How do you feel about carrying scrubs while playing a moba?

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#7 Kuomo

Kuomo

CONGRAATUALTIONS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MMORPG's, Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Fantasy/Thriller Novels, Anime/Manga, and food. Oh and Fire Emblem.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

What's your favorite kind of music?

#8 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Who's the sexiest man on this forum? you better say Bobryk
user posted image

#9 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Jan 19 2013, 10:41 AM)

Lancer

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#10 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Bobryk @ Jan 19 2013, 11:41 AM)

Ryoku
Posted Image

#11 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Lancer @ Jan 19 2013, 12:31 PM)
How do you feel about carrying scrubs while playing a moba?
Generally a fairly frustrating experience, while it offers me a chance to fully put myself to the test, lacking competent teammates really hits me hard as I'm generally not a very aggressive player. I generally like to be a team player type of guy who sets up the BIG PLAYS. Setting up the BIG PLAYS only to have them... well... not capitalized on bothers me in Smite's case anyway. In SMNC, since I know the game like the back of my hand, sure it's frustrating, but I have a far more better game sense and able to carry better in SMNC. Also leavers and being a man or two down is equivalent to scrubs/feeders in my book. Carry harder, it's never enough. Even if I'm fighting such an uphill battle, I never truly never want to give in because deep down I'm just that guy who believes in dramatic and miraculous turn-arounds. Guess I'm still just that hopelessly optimistic guy.
Edit: Screencap of a 3 vs 5 I had back in december. If you couldn't tell, I'm Toaster Strudel, the Megabeth.
user posted image

QUOTE (Kuomo @ Jan 19 2013, 12:38 PM)
What's your favorite kind of music?
This has really varied a lot over the years. Back when I was younger, I really enjoyed classic music form the 80s and 90s, mainly because of my mom's influence and constant playing of it. When I grew older, it turned into a more alternative rock form and now it kind of settled down to a little bit of everything. At this point, I don't really mind listening to anything unless it's death metal or something else ear screeching (kind of have sensitive ears). I don't particually care for rap or country either. Rap's just meh and country's too boring.

QUOTE (Lancer @ Jan 19 2013, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Bobryk @ Jan 19 2013, 10:41 AM)

Lancer

http://forums.feshri...indpost&p=84695

user posted image

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Did you ever use that DS I gave you? XDDDDD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 19 2013, 02:43 PM)
Did you ever use that DS I gave you? XDDDDD
Yes I did. Unfortunately it got a bit lost after the entire move and it's probably somewhere in this new apartment. Suppose I'll have to look for it sometime when I feel like cleaning.

user posted image

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Oblivion Knight @ Jan 19 2013, 02:49 PM)
Since bblues closed his thread...

I would've kept it open if it got more interest, probs.

Anyways.

If you had to be stuck with 3 members on a desert island, who would you choose and why?

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

^I felt bad for asking so many questions lol, sorry

also don't choose me I'm lazy and I'd probably rather starve than have to find food

as for my question, if you could get any job you wanted (that existed; no dream jobs where you do nothing and get paid millions), what would it be? XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (bblues @ Jan 19 2013, 03:08 PM)
If you had to be stuck with 3 members on a desert island, who would you choose and why?

Ahh, damn this is difficult, there's been so many members through out my time here that I've gotten the privilege to befriend. Guess I'll go with the ole three combo of: who I miss the most, who's personally helped me the most and the person I'd most like to get to know better.

The most missed: Definately Tsuki Hime or whatever alias you'd wish to file her under. She definitely was something. Back when I was new, she'd mess with me constantly over my mistakes and Ryru would always have to step in. Eventually as I got to speak with her more, I learned that she wasn't the horrible troll I previously thought she was and disregarded my negative incorrect first impressions. The more I talked with her, the more I was interested in her points of view that strayed from the norm and helped better open up my mind to various viewpoints and mindsets. She really didn't deserve the general bad rap that she generally received. I can remember some really nice discussions I've had with her and I kind of miss being able to have similar conversations. Last time I've had such an opportunity was when I talked her into getting skype and she ended up helping me with paper work for job searching. Lastly, I promised her that should I actually take up my dream job of being a psychologist, that I'd become a good one, not some phony-ass shrink. Simply chilling on an Island with her being able to discuss? Count me in.

The most influence: Ryrumeli. Who didn't see this coming? Anyone who's a longtime member of the forum or even the FE community as a whole has heard of this guy. He's kind of what I once aspired to be. Someone who simply goes out and helps people, but he's definitely far more special than that. He didn't simply tell you how to solve your problems. He helped you to think for yourself to try to come up with a solution on your own. Problem was that not everyone noticed that and relied on him too much. So in the periods when he was gone, everyone would always wonder where he was. I remember that he'd always recommend me games and anime choices he knew would help me as a person. His recommendations were spot on. Ironically the time where I needed him most was my darkest year of my life. Hahaha, shows how life is. I always looked up to Ryru and in some instances kind of felt like I was in his shadow. I mean I don't want to be Ryru, I want to be me, well... whoever the hell that is. I've also helped Ryru out through some of his own trials and I must say I've been truly blessed to have met such an amazing person as Carlos (Ryru). Last I've talked to him, he was thinking of trying to get a video game company together. No clue how that's going now as I haven't talked to him in months but knowing Ryru, he's intelligent enough to make it work. Rooting for you man. Best of luck with that company, wherever you are right now.

The least known: Kuomo. I'm the kind of guy that likes to get to know people as I generally care about most people I come across. After I came back to FES existance, it was like "Oh cool a new member, wait... AN ARTIST?" I've always had an interest in the artistic field. Not like I was really talented but I always wanted to get into something. I dunno, I just enjoy art. I enjoy most music and I was in stage crew senior year of high school. A lot of my friends I hung out with were in band, plays, or whathaveyou. I can't draw to save my ass, but I've always had an interest in learning about artwork. I also really enjoy nature, hell even gently falling snow is pretty to me. I can't really say much about you since I don't know anything about you besides your artistic talent. Hanging out on an island would probably change that. I'm sorry that my reasoning isn't as explained as Ryru's or Tsuki's but it just turned out that way. I don't really know why but if I see someone's artwork, if possible I'd like to get to know the person. I blame my poetry.

There were plenty of others that barely missed this list. I'd love to chill with Blazer again. Hanging out with Shu the Great the Great would also be cool. Scott and Aaron were also inviduals whom I've had deep conversations with and would love to hang out with sometime should the chance permit it. However SOMEONE *cough*bblues*cough* limited me to 3 choices.

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jan 19 2013, 03:42 PM)
as for my question, if you could get any job you wanted (that existed; no dream jobs where you do nothing and get paid millions), what would it be? XP
Either a Psychologist so that I can help people through their problems, or a teacher. I must say I love kids and being able to help them learn, would be a wonderful job I'd say.

user posted image

#17 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

What's your opinion of me?
user posted image

#18 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

What are your fondest memories involving the forum and/or members of the FE community?
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Heh, I don't have a question this time, but I gotta say, I like that answer. I like helping people as well, and ATM I'm not really interested in any particular job, though if I could, I'd like to work on game design (but all the game series and genres etc. that I like are mostly based in Japan and stuff >____>') but teaching is something else that's come to mind recently (as I sadly have to think about this and try to decide for my major dry.gif'). It's nice to be able to share knowledge and work with others and see them improve, IMO. I also like that it's something that can be spread from one person to another... Like, it's cumulative, if that makes sense (probably not the best word choice). If I teach you, and you teach someone else, it's kind of like my knowledge was spread to that someone else, albeit not directly. And knowing that kinda feels good.

I also think I could be a pretty good teacher--at least, in a field where I'm truly familiar with the content--because I'm not very good at learning from others myself so I feel like I'd understand what to do right/wrong and how to improve etc... I also like making quizzes and grading quizzes etc. and I feel like I wouldn't be one of those mean, grumpy teachers, but rather I'd really want my students to succeed. tl;dr, I'd care a lot, not sure why but I just feel like I would...

I'd probably fit better teaching in like, a college environment though, because teaching students who don't care is kind of a pain, which is really ironic because I often didn't care about the classes I took in MS and HS, and either failed or just barely passed as a result... :\ Meh... XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

@Blazer- I agree man. I didn't really care about high school either but I still got decent enough grades. If I actually tried more, I could've attempted some honors classes or got As in classes I got Bs in but hey, can't turn back the clock.

QUOTE (Kingultra @ Jan 19 2013, 04:23 PM)
What's your opinion of me?
Mainly neutral. Possible gaming buddy as you have interest to play smite, which is a plus. I don't know much about you other than your affiliation with DBZ avatars and your quest to learn to FE hack which is a lofty but understandable goal. I currently don't know enough about you to make a proper judgement but you seem sound from what I've noticed thus far.

I'll get to Shu the Great the Great's question and future questions in a bit.
Edit: This "censor" on Jake's name is soooooo silly.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users