Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What degree of machinery would you like to replace your body?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: What degree of machinery would you like to replace your body? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

TRANSHUMANISM

1. Hands (2 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Arms (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Legs (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

4. Torso (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

5. Torso (with genitals intact) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Head (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

The sense of touch can work with prosthetics now and the question is assuming we get even further advanced into it. Assume cost is irrelevant.

I'd be down for getting everything replaced except the brain (mostly because having a digital brain sounds ridiculously vulnerable...) No human skin either, I'm down for going full metal. Hair? I'd rather have one of those synthetic wigs. I'm already beyond the point where I lost the body size I wanted to keep and the effects of decay don't seem like they're that far off...so I'd rather at least become an inorganic badass that doesn't even need to eat. (And with what we learned from the 3D printed food thread...)

if making a metal face cute is difficult for whatever reason, I'll just have a head modeled after an armet.

Incidentally, they better have rabbit versions of this by the time this can be done.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

why is there no "none" option

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

I don't think I'd mind being a cyborg, or possibly full robot with a human consciousness. Not totally certain seeing as it hasn't happened yet, but I can definitely see a lot of benefits. If at all possible I'd like to keep my head mostly intact. Except for maybe the eyes. Mine are going bad, so I wouldn't mind having perfect vision again. I would only replace my arms and legs for the enhanced performance, and at that point I'd have to replace my torso as well to get the full benefit of the machinery. That is assuming of course that these machine replacements function like a normal human body. I really wouldn't want to learn how to walk again, much less how to do more intricate things.

#4 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

why is there no "none" option

It's a multiple choice poll, so having the option to both pick "none" and anything else simultaneously wouldn't make sense. Having the option to pick "everything" would also be redundant in this sense.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

@blazer what about it is "apalling" to you? it seems practical to me, and tbh i don't really have any big attachment to my physical body. i'd hate to lose my personality or soul, but my body is another story. don't get me wrong it's not like i have self esteem problems or something like that. on the contrary i've been blessed with an incredibly strong and healthy body. it's just that i think i'd be better off with something that could be easily repaired/improved/etc. 

#6 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

None of the above.

Teeth.

Teeth are the only part of my body that I'd like to have totally replaced. Being able to NOT have to worry about cavities or gum disease would be great. I have a small mouth and cannot floss well at ALL because of it. And fillings have made my teeth extra sensitive to cold, so I can't even fully enjoy things like ice cream anymore because it hurts. (I do realize that there ARE replacement teeth out there, but the issue is that they generally aren't given to people who aren't elderly.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#7 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hands definitely lol. Not having to worry about their health would be incredibly liberating. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

Other than teeth, I don't really trust technology enough to actually replace any part of my body with it. Technology is just as, if not more, prone to malfunctioning as the human body. The difference is that the human body can repair itself somewhat and technology must be repaired by someone.

Not to mention that prosthetic things are incredibly unsightly.

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 TheAngelofDeathJaffar

TheAngelofDeathJaffar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

None of the above.

Teeth.

Teeth are the only part of my body that I'd like to have totally replaced. Being able to NOT have to worry about cavities or gum disease would be great. I have a small mouth and cannot floss well at ALL because of it. And fillings have made my teeth extra sensitive to cold, so I can't even fully enjoy things like ice cream anymore because it hurts. (I do realize that there ARE replacement teeth out there, but the issue is that they generally aren't given to people who aren't elderly.)

The sense of touch can work with prosthetics now and the question is assuming we get even further advanced into it. Assume cost is irrelevant.

I'd be down for getting everything replaced except the brain (mostly because having a digital brain sounds ridiculously vulnerable...) No human skin either, I'm down for going full metal. Hair? I'd rather have one of those synthetic wigs. I'm already beyond the point where I lost the body size I wanted to keep and the effects of decay don't seem like they're that far off...so I'd rather at least become an inorganic badass that doesn't even need to eat. (And with what we learned from the 3D printed food thread...)

if making a metal face cute is difficult for whatever reason, I'll just have a head modeled after an armet.

Incidentally, they better have rabbit versions of this by the time this can be done.

Blue Leafeon I'm terribly sorry about that, ice cream is great I feel bad for you. Also Mercurius if I could I would replaces one of my arms, my right which is my Dom hand because my elbow was damage in wrestling, I would say my left leg because of my knee problem from wrestling and cutting it with a saw but I can deal with that. I wear a athletic brace when working out for it and when I play football with my friends at the college. But haven't seen them since the year has ended, ill be back in August. But yeah just right arm and my right hand. Although I apparently have strong wrists but yeah that's my opinion. Also teeth wouldn't be bad be able to eat almost into anything probably and no worry. Well bad breath maybe.

"When you feel your time has come,

Then I shall rewind time,

When you feel alone,

I'll be there to wipe away the fears,

You can't see me, but I am there." "Jiraiya"

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

I cannot vote in this topic. There's no "other." :(

Also Mercurius if I could I would replaces one of my arms, my right which is my Dom hand because my elbow was damage in wrestling

That sounds like a legit reason to replace a part of your body.

IUfb9Eg.png

#11 TheAngelofDeathJaffar

TheAngelofDeathJaffar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:04 AM

Yeah for sure! I mean I got pretty banged up wrestling and doing logging all the time for five years and more for the logging. You have a good reason also, I mean its hard to eat ice cream for you, that's upsetting.

"When you feel your time has come,

Then I shall rewind time,

When you feel alone,

I'll be there to wipe away the fears,

You can't see me, but I am there." "Jiraiya"

#12 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:19 AM

I'd have to agree with blazer on this one.
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

It's a multiple choice poll, so having the option to both pick "none" and anything else simultaneously wouldn't make sense. Having the option to pick "everything" would also be redundant in this sense.

ahahaha, you and your logic

I may or may not have noticed it was a multiple choice poll, but more likely I was just teasing

@blazer what about it is "apalling" to you? it seems practical to me, and tbh i don't really have any big attachment to my physical body. i'd hate to lose my personality or soul, but my body is another story. don't get me wrong it's not like i have self esteem problems or something like that. on the contrary i've been blessed with an incredibly strong and healthy body. it's just that i think i'd be better off with something that could be easily repaired/improved/etc. 

*appalling

*shot*

uh

idk

everything?

I like my human body. It has problems sure but it's the one I was born with. I dunno. I can't really explain it well, to me it's just so "obvious" that there's nothing to explain. It just seems wrong, weird, and uncomfortable. I'd hate it.

None of the above.

Teeth.

teeth is actually a solid choice in that sense lol

Hands definitely lol. Not having to worry about their health would be incredibly liberating. 

AHAHAHAHAHAAHA so you can finally play Smash and other video games without breaking your hands? lol

Other than teeth, I don't really trust technology enough to actually replace any part of my body with it. Technology is just as, if not more, prone to malfunctioning as the human body. The difference is that the human body can repair itself somewhat and technology must be repaired by someone.

Not to mention that prosthetic things are incredibly unsightly.

I agree with both of these things

Yeah for sure! I mean I got pretty banged up wrestling and doing logging all the time for five years and more for the logging. You have a good reason also, I mean its hard to eat ice cream for you, that's upsetting.

dude that's rough, even so with all my injuries I still wouldn't want metal replacements, I'm cool with just wearing ankle braces and stretching my body and stuff, idk, that's just me

but yeah not being able to enjoy ice cream idk how i'd live

I'd have to agree with blazer on this one.

;)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users