Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Could someone help me script an animation?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Queen_Ismaire

Queen_Ismaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:17 AM

The person that helped me script and animate this doesn't know how to script for staves and I have a much lesser clue on how to do it myself. dry.gif

Could one of you help me? Heres the file and the script below it has all the animations and pictures it needs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V53SASSY

#2 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Inside a giant Mecha, fighting monsters in your city.

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

How to animate a sprite to use staves? It is a normal magic stance, dude. So just making a magic unit stance will do. The game apparently handles stuff in a very simplistic way. The "hit" point is always the same. A battle in between two units with positive damage is a battle, a battle in between two units with negative damage is a healing, a battle with just one person with positive damage is a poison battle, and a battle with just one person and negative damage is the use of an item.

So just make the staff animation a normal spell-using animation, and assign all staves to it with the appropriated Nightmare module, like you would do normally.

...BTW, if I were you I would sprite in the staff the shine for when it happens. Staves shine, and use colors from the sprite to do it, so in case you want your sprite to seem more realistic, I would suggest you made the staff shine a bit while being used, gives it a more magical aura. smile.gif

Oh, well, and the only problem you would face is that units can't use magic AND physical weapons at the same time. If an unit has levels in both a physical and a magical weapon, the animation for all physical attacks would become your ranged sword attack, instead of your regular physical attack. It is a silly bug, yah, but I think in Xeld's notes you have a way to address that, with ASM.(Pretty much a completed ASM code, if I remember it correctly. With more than one approach, even.)
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)
No Grey you have gay needs

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)
BECAUSE HE CAN CREATE ALL LIFE AND ALL EXISTANCE, BUT HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

#3 Queen_Ismaire

Queen_Ismaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

dry.gif I don't get it

Feditor Adv keeps on giving me a problem in Mode 7

and gives me this problem

"unexpected error reading or loading the script"

and then it links me to the last path.

I checked the frames/pictures in Usenti and they're all under 16 colors. Idk what could of possibly go wrong. Its not the script either because I tried it with other frames and it worked fine.

#4 Navi

Navi

A birdy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Yes, but it is possible that they are a DIFFERENT 16 colors, that happened to me before. Dump each frame's pallete and compare them.
user posted image

#5 Queen_Ismaire

Queen_Ismaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

thank you it worked happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users