Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

(LU 7/9) FEF News Thread - 3rd Route DLC Out in Japan

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:56 PM

I imagine this was the process of the creation of Phoenix mode:

Producer: Ok, so we appealed to the crowd that was scared of the permadeath mechanic with Casual mode. What next?

Joe: Dude... what if we like... made a mode for the people... who are scared of thinking? 

Producer: ...Someone give this guy a promotion.

*ovened* 

I'd give Joe a promotion.  This guy obviously knows what the world's heading to.

You shouldn't give someone a promotion for predicting the future when that future is no different from the present.

GsDZWSI.gif

Aqua sounds quite cool, and I'm happy to see that they've improved on Awakening's lack of chapter diversity (and improved Avatar customization, but we're all happy about that). I'm instinctively upset about the durability change, but resenting change is just how I roll. It might turn out to be perfectly acceptable, especially if the variety of weapon effects that the Serenes article mentioned is nice and thought-provoking.

One of these days I'll curb my own comma abuse. One of these days...

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#22 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

I don't know how I feel about the removal of weapon durability. That always played a major part in planning because you had to be careful with your weapons, and how many times you could use them. 

Orr... just you know, end up stockpiling all the good weapons in the convoy worried about running out on them too early and stressing out later when you'll finally need to bring out and next thing you know you beat the game with 99% of the time your troops using iron swords and crap. lol  

You mean I won't get all the way to the final boss using Iron Swords the entire war?!

Guilty as charged.

This is definately an interesting change to FE games. I won't have to stock pile good weapons anymore, and even stockpile desposeable weapons either. I'm not sure if I'll be able to give a proper stance on this until I actually play through the game, since it's such a drastic change to FE. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#23 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

I've heard that Pair-Up will have significant changes this time around.

If I'm reading this correctly, when you select the Pair-Up command, you choose from either an Attack Stance or Defend Stance.

Attack Stance would most likely act like Dual Strike, while Defend Stance would be the same as Dual Guard.

I'm glad they're trying to address the balance issues with Pair Up from Awakening and attempting to rework it into something more strategic and controllable.

#24 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:31 AM

IIRC, people seem to think that Pair Up won't actually have the same pairing/stat boost mechanics, too. The guard option will put the units on the same square, but people think they won't move, while dual attack will just be adjacent units. No guarantees or anything, this is just some speculation I've read.

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

while you guys are busy actually playing the game I will be spending 20 hours customizing my character

what the tits weren't obvious enough for interviewer-san?

lol, hope the customization meets your needs :P I personally think it still won't be THAT great, but it should be better than just picking from like, recolors of 3 different builds for each gender or whatever, lol

H A I R O R N A M E N T S B O Y Z

you're a terrible mod, don't make such crappy, useless posts, be a role model

I've heard that Pair-Up will have significant changes this time around.

If I'm reading this correctly, when you select the Pair-Up command, you choose from either an Attack Stance or Defend Stance.

Attack Stance would most likely act like Dual Strike, while Defend Stance would be the same as Dual Guard.

I'm glad they're trying to address the balance issues with Pair Up from Awakening and attempting to rework it into something more strategic and controllable.

I heard stuff like that too but I didn't really understand it/it didn't seem coherent and I haven't heard the official word on it so I'm not really paying it too much attention right now...

IIRC, people seem to think that Pair Up won't actually have the same pairing/stat boost mechanics, too. The guard option will put the units on the same square, but people think they won't move, while dual attack will just be adjacent units. No guarantees or anything, this is just some speculation I've read.

yeah, as said above, I want the official details/explanation to come out so I can properly understand it... trying to understand-it as-is, without playing it, is just kind of giving me a headache >_>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

OK, so we have more details out thanks to the latest Famitsu scans! As I'm busy and such and Vincent is on top of everything like usual, I'm just going to link to SF

http://serenesforest...st-may-details/

So, what do you think? New weapon triangle, new classes, weapon types, and some other stuff... interesting or not? I'm personally pretty excited, I like change! I don't want the same ol' Fire Emblem stuff over and over. Not to mention the series would have died out that way. I'm likin' all the risk-taking they're doing while still trying to appeal to all sorts of people. I just hope that in practice and whatnot it feels put together well and well-balanced and such~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#27 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

Nothing really surprising about the weapon triangle to me. I mean I didn't expect anything but not getting any oohs or wows.

BUT DAT BUTLER CLASS THO? 10/10 WILL RECLASS (although since I doubt crossdressing butlers will be a thing I guess I'll have to reclass My Unit's husband into it)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#28 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

Suzukaze's design is amazing. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

still calling them My Unit are you

I wonder if they'll be able to reclass into Butler... in fact, how much of a role will reclassing play in this game in general? I'm curious

was never a huge fan of reclassing, hardly used it, and it felt like there were too many options for me... I kind of like to be restricted in some senses because in games, having too many weapons, armor, classes, etc. to choose from can become overwhelming. I only have so much time and patience to invest into researching. having to worry about whether the class I'm using for X character is the best or not is just one worry I don't really want to deal with <_<

Suzukaze's design is amazing. 

what, like all you can see is his head and you find it amazing already

you're so weird, Cero

*shot*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

The My Unit habit is more from when I was playing FE12...which I never finished, now that I think about it...

There happens to be certain classes I favor more than others (pretty much anything is better than having a Pegasus Knight around, for instance) so it's pretty easy for me to decide what to switch to. Won't bother with the skillset grinding this time around though (It's fun being super OP but like most of the skills aren't really necessary...I really liked that one skill that gave you Bullions per kill or something, though.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#31 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

hmm, maybe get on that :P jk, do what you want

ahh, I see. yeah I'm not so much like that, I like variety and am ok with almost whatever as long as the unit themselves are solid and I don't like, dislike the character for whatever reason

I usually don't find myself wanting more of a specific class

and I don't care for skillset grinding like, pretty much at all, so yeah. I just used whatever skills I got, really. didn't care for the children calculating stuff either >>;

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#32 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

BUTLERS AND MAIDS?!

My whole team is going to made up of them. and great butlers too

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#33 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:46 AM

dengeki2005-3.png

Guys, Johnny Bravo confirmed.

Posted Image

#34 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

his class name is "Brave Hero", lol. because some heroes aren't brave! you know, somehow I feel like they're trying to make a statement with that. I mean, it's kinda true, not all heroes are brave... lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#35 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

Its so much different than it used to be. My tiny brain cant handle all these new mechanics, man...
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#36 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Its so much different than it used to be. My tiny brain cant handle all these new mechanics, man...

haha I know right? it's going to take me some time to get used to it, like with other RPGs. usually in FE it's pretty easy to adapt to whatever changes they are since they're small and such but this is actually sounding relatively deep. hopefully the game's tutorials (oh man I'll actually kind of need a tutorial in FE, maybe) are decent and help make getting into the game with all of its new mechanics easier.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#37 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:a lot of things :P

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

dengeki2005-3.png

Guys, Johnny Bravo confirmed.

Johnny Bravo!! Hahaha xD

personnaly I call him Captain Colgate *gets out*

if it's so different than the previous games it's maybe to get more fans and to be more accessible for beginners, I suppose

#38 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Here's the Famitsu 5/28 preview: http://www.famitsu.c...5/26079354.html

Get to see a couple new characters such as the armor knight Elfie.

Spoiler

I like her design, especially since it's not like Awakening's knights *shudders*. Though I could do without the boob plate.

It's also been confirmed to talk about master proofs, class changing, and 7 new characters. So I'm pretty hyped actually.

Posted Image

#39 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

is part of that what we just got? it looks a little familiar. regardless, more info, yaaay. I'm not paying attention to the characters as a whole (I like it to be a secret/go into the game with minimal knowledge like in the past, it was way more fun back in the day and I like to mimic that experience) but the new features and such are sounding like they'll make this game a unique and interesting new entry in the series, not quite like Awakening even

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#40 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

So this is the Elfie I see getting talked about.

Sounds like a Nohr character. I'll have fun crushing her heart through that ridiculous breastplate without remorse.

(please don't make Hoshido's armor knight equivalent have them...or at least be more subtle about it. I mean seriously her armor tits don't even look like they're made of metal.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users