Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

(null)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

-

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#2 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Couldn't it be argued that it is as good as it looks?

All in all, very nice piece. Were I to give constructive criticism, I'd say the nose could be a bit more pointed, and the feet a bit bigger.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#3 Nice Middle

Nice Middle

Chancellor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm speechless.
QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 25 2014, 07:59 PM)
I have cero love for you or your shenanigans

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ May 18 2012, 08:01 PM)
Gotta love how even in fan fiction I'm a badass.

#4 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wow, you're right it is totally fail. You call this shit art? I'm a giant talking flying squirrel then.

<3

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

If this is fail art to you, I'd hate to see what you would call mine. I am terrible at drawing. It's why I write instead. Very nice overall.

#6 Mikki

Mikki

Ultra Member

• Banned
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Your work isn't bad at all, Pants Hatless....keep it up. wink.gif

#7 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

This is fail art? Excuse me I need to go change every comment I've made on this subforum.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#8 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Excuse my language, but HOLY SHIT.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#9 Kuomo

Kuomo

CONGRAATUALTIONS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MMORPG's, Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Fantasy/Thriller Novels, Anime/Manga, and food. Oh and Fire Emblem.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Haha glad that I could get you motivated even if it was for a little bit~ And I have to commend you, you did a fantastic job! I wouldn't say the shading is excessive, I think that it may be part of your personal style, though I haven't seen much else. I really like what you did with the weapons and accessories :> I wish I could put that much detail into mine haha

Overall, great job, and I look forward to being competitive with you tongue.gif

#10 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Voffie @ Jan 18 2013, 12:34 PM)
If this is fail art to you, I'd hate to see what you would call mine.

The main reasons I call my stuff fail art is because:

1:It takes forever to do (except for shading, which I tend to be faster than others at for...some reason)

2:I'm terrible at perspective, almost everything I draw looks "flat" (even when I do try to shade properly according to light sources and stuff)

3:I have to keep watching where my hands are because they don't coordinate all that well with my intentions (also the image in my head is distracted from every time I focus on where my hands are going while drawing)

4:Drawing a different pose takes way too much longer than standing people (no really I took like...3 hours getting the anatomy and pose right on this pic)

5:The only faces I can trust myself to draw are side-faces and front-faces (I don't know why but i've always been really bad at all the other angles)

6:It's relative to the successful artistic community rather than including everyone's skills (In other words, I look too much at other people's competent art)

7:I haven't improved for most of the years i've used a pencil to draw (I was fairly close to this level of quality minus the level of detail when I started out, and the detail not being present as much is simply because back then I didn't have as much patience with these things)

8:It takes forever to do.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#11 AbsolutelyTotalSilence

AbsolutelyTotalSilence

Hawk King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Zelda and Metroid among other things. Probably tied with Blazer for "FES member most anticipating a TWEWY appearance at E3". THERE'S STILL HOPE GUYS

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Don't be excessively hard on yourself. Lots of artists (myself included) have trouble with perspective, anatomy and proportion. It looks like your shading and mastery of the basics is really good, and as for it taking a long time, you'll be able to draw faster the more you practice.
(Which is basically the best artistic advice anyway. Just pay more attention to conveying the impression of 3-D space on a flat image, and keep practicing.)

click for random quotes (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Scott: at this point we're going to have iron, steel, and silver vulneraries

Silence: if nyan cats start showing up on my lawn it's your fault
Gold: O_o

jboney93: Not very much, cause girls don't tend to try to sing much higher in pitch than they can talk.
Edmania: clearly you haven't listened to enough japanese pop music

Agent Ryru: For example, you would have a hard time exciting me with a concept for a FPS game
Agent Ryru: But on the other hand even I would have to admit said game could be awesome.
Agent Ryru: Like portal, for example
Agent Ryru: And...
Agent Ryru: ...there must be some other amazing FPS game...
Agent Ryru: Oh right.
Agent Ryru: Portal 2!

user posted image

#12 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Kuomo @ Jan 18 2013, 03:45 PM)
Haha glad that I could get you motivated even if it was for a little bit~ And I have to commend you, you did a fantastic job! I wouldn't say the shading is excessive, I think that it may be part of your personal style, though I haven't seen much else. I really like what you did with the weapons and accessories :> I wish I could put that much detail into mine haha

Overall, great job, and I look forward to being competitive with you tongue.gif

I suppose I can at least be proud of my willingness to add detail...

I don't think i'd be willing to compete though, the subtitle of my topic states that I update at the speed of a turtle and I most likely won't be submitting works with more time than this spent on them.

Unless, for some reason, you would be willing to compete when I try a different medium (3D modeling) which is something I want to do rather than drawing since one 3D model gives me every pose and every angle I could want with it. Most of the time I want to draw to depict something rather than doing it for the sake of artistic pride or anything like that, so whichever method seems to be the most efficient to me would be the most appealing. that said I procrastinate like craaaazy so who knows when i'd actually get to making good 3D models, or even trying to start

^ The "draw faster after practice" part never kicked in for me, for...some reason. It did when spriting but that's probably because most of spriting (or at least GBA Fire Emblem spriting) is just polishing whats already there rather than having a difficult time making the lineart work to start with.

...also for some reason i'm pretty much incapable of sketching without the whole thing looking wrong for me so the first draft of all my drawings is the final draft.

#13 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Well, while you call it bad, it's still some of the better art I've seen and is vastly superior to anything I will ever draw.

#14 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Taking a long time to draw doesn't make you bad, you know. You use the extra time to add detail others wouldn't.

Spoiler

#15 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

^that's not actually true

I use a lot less time on details than getting the shapes the details are on right

somehow

if I took 10 hours drawing a specific character

8 of them would be the part before the details are added, or something

#16 Kuomo

Kuomo

CONGRAATUALTIONS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MMORPG's, Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Fantasy/Thriller Novels, Anime/Manga, and food. Oh and Fire Emblem.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

When I said "be competitive", I meant, let's challenge ourselves to become better. Not...an actual competition haha

#17 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Oh. Sorry for misinterpreting you.

#18 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Even so, you use that extra time to make it better in some way. If I know you by a single word, it's perfectionist. Taking all that time on it is sure to make good things happen.

Spoiler

#19 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Oh my, after staring at that muck and trying to decipher the mess for 10 minutes, I just realized that abomination is supposed to resemble Edlolsilber!

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#20 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks good. Worth the time I spent opening the thread by far. tongue.gif
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users