Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Elwood : (27 September 2019 - 05:52 AM) I still come here everyday because this is still my homepage in Firefox! XD
@  Ezra : (25 September 2019 - 03:07 PM) I also miss the days the forums I used were more active :(
@  Fire Blazer : (15 September 2019 - 05:39 AM) I do kinda miss the days these forums were active :(
@  Ezra : (29 August 2019 - 04:14 PM) *BOX!!!*
@  kirant : (19 August 2019 - 12:49 PM) Huh. Bothammer time.
@  Elwood : (12 August 2019 - 05:57 AM) Oh, new posts! ...And it's bots. Kinda nostalgic actually.
@  xcrash1998 : (22 June 2019 - 09:24 PM) (Brushes dust of the Shoutbox)
@  Elwood : (17 June 2019 - 06:14 AM) *tumbleweed*
@  Lucina : (16 June 2019 - 09:19 AM) Whew. I haven't been here in forever.
@  Cero : (11 June 2019 - 06:51 PM) oof
@  kirant : (01 June 2019 - 05:54 PM) f
@  Fire Blazer : (30 May 2019 - 03:01 AM) rip
@  Valke : (29 May 2019 - 08:20 AM) bruh i deleted my discord a few months ago,,,,
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) glad ur alive. join our Discord
@  Fire Blazer : (28 May 2019 - 01:59 AM) yo
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:08 PM) im alive, college finally gave me breaks (coupled with a few assignments i need to turn next week)
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) hi
@  Valke : (25 May 2019 - 03:07 PM) guys
@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)

Photo

I didn't want to do this

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

But meh, it always happens:

This discussion can be made quite big, as you can see, which is why I wanted to avoid it completely. However, just as everyone else on the forum has a right to do the things they want to some extent, you have those same rights. "Freedom" consists of using those rights to bring happiness without infringing on others own rights and happiness.

Anyway, liking bronies, albeit possibly considered "odd" by some, is hardly objectionable content, unless it involves nudity or swearing, which are considered "inappropriate" by society's standards... then you can start arguing that stuff isn't, but at some point I simply have to draw the line and decide what I do and don't want on my forum: and to put it blunt, my own morals dictate that I don't want those kind of "mature" things posted on my forum. I also don't like people flaming each other, taking cheap shots, making personal insults, or abusing "lesser" jokes that may be offensive, especially when repetitively used.

While talking to Grey, I thought about what I wanted from this forum... and definitely there is a line of what can and can't be posted: what's right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate. I think people are slowly starting to move away from "gay and lesbian stuff is inappropriate". However, I still want to keep a very... friendly and mature-like atmosphere here. I don't want nudity or even signatures that include making-out or swear words (at least, not "****" in big letters, please: as always, spam land is the exception to swearing).

I don't see what's wrong with bronies, so feel free to point it out. It may be weird or strange but so many other things are. If it's not a personal offense to you and it's not bothering you personally, I don't think you should worry: and the fact that it simply "exists" shouldn't bother you, or you're lacking tolerance. Black people "exist" and it "bothered" white people: history shows how that went. People have a hard time "tolerating" people of various sexual orientations--this is another problem. You don't have to get in league with them, you don't have to agree with them, all you have to do is tolerate it.

Granted, things get ANNOYING AFTER A WHILE. People have limited tolerance, since we're all humans. Thus all I ask is that YOU GIVE THE SAME RESTRICTIONS TO THOSE THINGS AS YOU DO OTHERS. If you're going to get mad at a meme or joke being used a ton, you should have roughly the same tolerance for that as any other meme or joke, assuming it's roughly of the same nature. Sure this is partly a case-by-case thing but use your brain and don't be unwelcoming or un-accepting just because.

Another quote/rant for you guys:

If anyone has a serious problem with bronies, please Skype me at ballin1337 as I'd love to hear what exactly is the problem with this besides the fact that it's simply annoying just like any other internet thing online. That being said I'm going to be a -little- bit stricter on the rules as a whole. Please avoid abusing memes, jokes, etc. if you start to get the impression that multiple people are being annoyed. We can't please everyone but after some point, almost anything can get annoying (even Ice Cream: even looking at Ice Cream would make me want to puke right now because I've had so much). Like I said before, freedom consists of using your own freedoms to bring happiness while knowing the boundaries and not crossing them as to not conflict with other people's happiness. Start by understanding those around you and accepting them without making a big deal out of it.

When you realize everyone is just a human with different genes and a different environment, you'll be able to shrug off most sensitivities and find that it's much easier to live life. After all, you have to accept others before they accept you.

If you're one of those people who always finds themselves in the majority, don't get cocky: one day, you'll realize you're "weird" too, and you'll want others to accept you for who you are. And even if you don't, eventually, you'll realize everyone else around you is so different, being "normal" is the new "weird".

You can have your opinions, but in the end, this is my forum made of the members who believe in those same ideals to enough of an extent that they stay here, and if you're too immature to handle being a friendly, accepting forum, then you may as well leave and go to Serenes Forest. I'd like to think this is just a one-time thing, though, and that everyone can continue to get along, even if we're all different and all have different views. Please prove me right. I love being right. XP

That's all, and that's that.

Most people get this, but once in a while a new issue arises and we have a problem. Guys, if you think a certain topic in the Maturity Domain is going to get a lot of drama brewing, then DON'T POST IT DAMMIT. It may be a "Maturity Domain" but certain topics can be very touchy. If you're going to offend someone and you think it's going to be bad, avoid it: if you didn't predict the flame war or whatever, that's okay, but END IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BY GOING TO A MOD. No one should ever win a forum debate, because winning boosts egos amongst other things. I'm not taking sides here: pretty much everyone involved in the recent drama (you guys know who you are... lol I sound like a teacher) is guilty to some extent or another of doing or handling something wrong.

You see I like all my members and I am going to protect the rights I have given them. If they think that the rights I give them aren't sufficient, that's another matter, but technically speaking this IS pretty much a dictatorship. I just try to be a nice dictator, because "a country is its people", but yeah.

Well, I'm not angry, just disappointed. But it's just one thing. I didn't want to mention it because it's a touchy subject, but some minds wouldn't rest on it until I did. For the billionth time, be tolerant, and don't flame others. If a situation gets out of hand, you stop, because I have never seen a flame war be resolved by the members themselves. EVER. I have given them chances, but it -NEVER- happens. Admittedly, I should have taken action earlier, and I apologize for that: I thought that since a lot of the discussion was in the Maturity Domain, people could handle it, but I was wrong.

I think my morals and ideals are pretty clear. So far, few people have ever had problems with them, and we've had a friendly, welcoming board. People shouldn't have to post in fear of being themselves, as long as it isn't hurting many others. Remember that and remember why we're called "the Fire Emblem Shrine". We're a small but awesome site dedicated to Fire Emblem. That's what we all have in common. The rest doesn't matter, yo.

So let's be friends, okay?

/rant

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I just want to say that I've been typing for a while and it's 4AM and my thoughts are scrambled and I can't think straight so sorry if I was a hypocrite or anything, haha. I know what I have in my mind but my ability to type in an understandable and concise manner is that of a 5 year old's and an old man's at this point: confusing and incomprehensible like a little kid, and in-concise in that it's a long old rambling like that of an old man.

And again, I apologize for my own mistakes here: I'm by far not the perfect admin, and I'm still learning. Thanks for putting up with me. You guys really are the best.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Last post for the night here, for real.

I have a feeling that when I come back, there may be a shitstorm, but oh well. bblues, lock that topic up if need be! I just want to be able to trust my members to have a nice discussion on the result of the matter now that things have calmed down!

This goes for you too, Shu, since you're also a global mod. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

Come on guys, bring it in for a virtual group hug. :3

user posted image
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#5 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jun 26 2012, 09:06 AM)
Last post for the night here, for real.

I have a feeling that when I come back, there may be a shitstorm, but oh well. bblues, lock that topic up if need be! I just want to be able to trust my members to have a nice discussion on the result of the matter now that things have calmed down!

This goes for you too, Shu, since you're also a global mod. XP

As I shouted, I'll keep tabs on it.

#6 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'm a little sad that we couldn't have a serious topic without it turning into a flame war. I was aware that it could be a touchy subject but as I said in the original post for nobody to jump the gun. Unfortunately people did anyway. It was meant to be a serious topic with maturity on both sides where I asked for rational responses without over defensiveness. To be honest, I don't think it was AS bad as it was made out to be (felt more like it was blown more out of proportion the more it was recognized), and if we simply lock the topic then we're simply running away from the topic at hand. People are able to work out their differences if given the chance. Yes most of that should have been taken to PMs yet wasn't. I simply picked a title that I saw used before, found it eye grabbing, and went with it for this case. I had no intention of personal attack onto another and simply wanted a civil intellectual dicussion from both sides.

I request for the thread to be brought back to being open as intellectual discussion could still be expressed. Simply hiding it feels more like we're running away and covering it up. Seeing as I created the topic and was in the Veteran category as it were, I had the power to open and close my own topics as I see fit, however I was asking for the green flag on this before I unlocked it without the okay.

This was simply my take on the situation however I do apologize that a topic which I created resulted in such a drama filled event. I only hoped for intellectual discussion but it quickly fell out of hand.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#7 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

@Ryan

user posted image
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#8 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Oblivion Knight @ Jun 26 2012, 02:41 AM)
I request for the thread to be brought back to being open as intellectual discussion could still be expressed. Simply hiding it feels more like we're running away and covering it up. Seeing as I created the topic and was in the Veteran category as it were, I had the power to open and close my own topics as I see fit, however I was asking for the green flag on this before I unlocked it without the okay.

No offence, but here's an simile:
There used to be prohibition in the err... twenties? Well, let's say that it was banned because the problems it caused where too great. It's like the people saying overnight "we learned from our mistakes and promise we will never abuse alcohol anymore so unban it."
I honestly think that there is no way for it to be civil, because one person will say the wrong thing, and then the other side refutes, and more people slowly join in. It'd be the World War I of flame wars.

Grey, I hope you come back. I was a cocksucker, I know.
Posted Image

#9 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Honestly, I thought the argument was quite funny and was in good faith and all for shits and giggles and laughs. But I agree with Blazer that it should NOT have ended the way it did. I thought the entire thing was a joke, but apparently not...

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

I thought the entire thing was a joke, but apparently not...

Some of it was a joke, but not all, and those who claim it was all a joke have extremely bad tastes in jokes and need to seriously refine their sense of humor.

And I'm putting it nicely. >_>

@Oblivion that topic is going to stay closed. It's best not to push it any further. I'm kind of disappointed in you that you didn't close your topic beforehand if you had the power to do so, but I can't really complain because I too gave everyone the chance to calm down and have an "intellectual discussion" when I probably should have just closed the topic. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Alright. Fair enough.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#12 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

He'll be back... they all return sooner or later. wink.gif
user posted image

user posted image

#13 Avenged

Avenged

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Now, why was my comment deleted? It added to the discussion and wasn't flaming at all.

#14 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

Probably meant to remove mine, and accidentally hit your's.

user posted image

user posted image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Aye, it was probably an accident (it wasn't me), pay it no mind...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Wait, Pie's just 3M and he can delete other people's posts but us Veterans can't? What is this?
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#17 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

The funny thing is, I didn't delete anyone's post.
user posted image

user posted image

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Wait, Pie's just 3M and he can delete other people's posts but us Veterans can't? What is this?

lolwut? where did you get this idea?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ Jun 26 2012, 06:53 PM)

He was saying that whoever the admin/mod was that meant to delete Pie's post accidently deleted Avenged and then Bzdhj hasdhgmaPOBHSD. But yeah, Pie can't do it.
Posted Image

#20 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Jun 27 2012, 09:07 AM)

lolwut? where did you get this idea?

Pie was like "Oh sorry I think I accidentally deleted yours instead of mine"

I assumed he couldn't actually do it.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users