Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Favorite Mystical Animal

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

@ Mankut, Thought as much, and since you're the creator, do you consider Dragons as a mythical/mystical creature?

@ Wraith and Suzaku, I still say dragons did NOT exist. Dragons =/= to Dinosaurs, and bearded dragons/Komodo Dragons are not Dragon Dragons. tongue.gif You know what I mean, unless I have not made myself clear. DnD dragons, or FE Dragons, or whatnot. If you're just going to use "maybe" dragons were dinosaurs "you" can't prove it wrong, then fine. All mythical creatures existed because the human mind conceived it. Prove me wrong.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#22 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 02, 2009 08:50 pm)
@ Mankut, Thought as much, and since you're the creator, do you consider Dragons as a mythical/mystical creature?

@ Wraith and Suzaku, I still say dragons did NOT exist. Dragons =/= to Dinosaurs, and bearded dragons/Komodo Dragons are not Dragon Dragons. tongue.gif You know what I mean, unless I have not made myself clear. DnD dragons, or FE Dragons, or whatnot. If you're just going to use "maybe" dragons were dinosaurs "you" can't prove it wrong, then fine. All mythical creatures existed because the human mind conceived it. Prove me wrong.

their ******* name has dragon, so they are a dragon, no dumbass would just put a dragon in a animal's name just to be "lol, I put DRAGON"

#23 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

Yes, I understand that, but I'm saying I'm referring to a different type of dragon. You know, the mythical type.

And also, consider this. All language was created by a crazy guy going around pointing at stuff and saying "Rock!" "Bird!" and whatnot.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#24 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 02, 2009 08:56 pm)
Yes, I understand that, but I'm saying I'm referring to a different type of dragon. You know, the mythical type.

And also, consider this. All language was created by a crazy guy going around pointing at stuff and saying "Rock!" "Bird!" and whatnot.

Dragon's are real, I am right, your right, end of topic.

#25 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

lol. Alright. tongue.gif Back on topic, Minotaurs are pretty cool too.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#26 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Holy_kensai @ April 03, 2009 01:50 am)
@ Mankut,  Thought as much, and since you're the creator, do you consider Dragons as a mythical/mystical creature?

Yeah, you keep claiming the DnD Dragons and all, but you know they're all loosely based on dinosaurs though. Winged dragons = pterodactyls... thunderbirds from Native America, and those giant winged lizards in Indonesia that actually exists nowadays. Fierce European Dragons from your myths are based off T.rex and all of that, while Chinese dragons, which are friendly, are possibly those herbivores. And the sea monsters... sea dragons... plesiosaurs anyone? And dragons/dinosaurs may have indeed breathed fire...

And yeah, Minotaurs are pretty cool. smile.gif

#27 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Suzaku @ April 03, 2009 12:52 am)

their ******* name has dragon, so they are a dragon, no dumbass would just put a dragon in a animal's name just to be "lol, I put DRAGON"

Turtle Dove.
Spider Monkey.
Bull Frog.

Let's get some things straight.

Dragons arcording to mythology never existed. Dinosaurs did exist, though.

Dinosaurs and humans never existed concurrently. There's a 65 million year gap.

Myths are no proof for existence.

Nothing is capable of breathing fire. Certain beetles can spirt poison.

Of Raven heart and Sable mind.

#28 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 03, 2009 03:19 pm)
QUOTE (Suzaku @ April 03, 2009 12:52 am)

their ******* name has dragon, so they are a dragon, no dumb@$$ would just put a dragon in a animal's name just to be "lol, I put DRAGON"

Turtle Dove.
Spider Monkey.
Bull Frog.

Let's get some things straight.

Dragons arcording to mythology never existed. Dinosaurs did exist, though.

Dinosaurs and humans never existed concurrently. There's a 65 million year gap.

Myths are no proof for existence.

Nothing is capable of breathing fire. Certain beetles can spirt poison.

Where are you getting this 65 million year stuff? If you say C14 dating, it doesn't work as promised because the radioactivity only lasts for a couple of thousands of years anyhow. Why is it that different cultures have cave paintings or statues or buildings with inscriptions of dinosaur like figures on them?

I don't feel like talking about this right now though, but lol, turtle dove, spider monkey, and bull frog... bull frogs are very dangerous to the ecosystem, especially from where I'm from. But those examples don't work because the animal they actually are is the suffix, not the prefix... and dragon is the suffix... meaning whatever else was there describes the dragon... because the animal is a "dragon".

#29 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ April 03, 2009 02:38 pm)

Where are you getting this 65 million year stuff? If you say C14 dating, it doesn't work as promised because the radioactivity only lasts for a couple of thousands of years anyhow. Why is it that different cultures have cave paintings or statues or buildings with inscriptions of dinosaur like figures on them?

I don't feel like talking about this right now though, but lol, turtle dove, spider monkey, and bull frog... bull frogs are very dangerous to the ecosystem, especially from where I'm from. But those examples don't work because the animal they actually are is the suffix, not the prefix... and dragon is the suffix... meaning whatever else was there describes the dragon... because the animal is a "dragon".

65 milllion years is the generally accepted date of the end of the KT extinction. This is backed up by so much proof that denying it is pointless.
C14-dating is only used on organic samples, so it cannot be applied to Dinosaurs (seeing as fossils are no longer organic). Other methods are used to date these ages accurately.

Even without these sophisticated methods it's obvious Dinosaurs fossils are millions of years old, simply because it takes that long to make fossils. No human bones have been around a fraction of the time needed.

Paintings mean little. After all there's thousands of paintings of Vishnu, Shiva etc. Are you also trying to say the Hindu god's exist?

Komodo Dragons exist, obviously.
I'm arguing against the existence of dragons arcording to mythology.

Also: You Australian? They really hate Bull Frogs....

#30 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 03, 2009 06:02 pm)
65 milllion years is the generally accepted date of the end of the KT extinction. This is backed up by so much proof that denying it is pointless.
C14-dating is only used on organic samples, so it cannot be applied to Dinosaurs (seeing as fossils are no longer organic). Other methods are used to date these ages accurately.

Even without these sophisticated methods it's obvious Dinosaurs fossils are millions of years old, simply because it takes that long to make fossils. No human bones have been around a fraction of the time needed.

Paintings mean little. After all there's thousands of paintings of Vishnu, Shiva etc. Are you also trying to say the Hindu god's exist?

Komodo Dragons exist, obviously.
I'm arguing against the existence of dragons arcording to mythology.

Also: You Australian? They really hate Bull Frogs....

Believe it or not there isn't any proof of the earth being that old. It is really bias from 'scientists' who fix the facts to match their theory instead of fixing their theory to match up with the facts. I'd really love to see these so-called proofs.

An example of a curious case: if dinosaurs did indeed live 65 million years ago, pray tell me, how is it that red blood cells were found intact within these fossils? Blood cells definitely do not last 65 million years old... which is a well known fact.

And no, I'm not saying Hindu gods existed or anything, but you do realize these are pictures of dinosaurs... and if men knew how dinosaurs looked like, they must have seen each other, unless these people had crazy imaginations and happened to know how a Stegosaurus looked like. And yes, unlike Hindu deities, dinosaurs did exist (and some still may live today... like the Mokele-Mbembe in the Congo swamps).

Dragons in mythology were very much based off real dinosaurs, so I put them under the same category despite mythological dragons being... well... exaggerated. But they're one and the same. Flying? Check. Fire-breathing? Check. Ferocious? Check... albeit some being friendly hence Chinese dragons being kind and all...

And crickey! I'm no Australian... I'm Korean, although I'd love to see Australia in some part of my life.

#31 Leo

Leo

Gender Non-Conformist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ April 03, 2009 05:18 pm)

Believe it or not there isn't any proof of the earth being that old. It is really bias from 'scientists' who fix the facts to match their theory instead of fixing their theory to match up with the facts. I'd really love to see these so-called proofs.

An example of a curious case: if dinosaurs did indeed live 65 million years ago, pray tell me, how is it that red blood cells were found intact within these fossils? Blood cells definitely do not last 65 million years old... which is a well known fact.

And no, I'm not saying Hindu gods existed or anything, but you do realize these are pictures of dinosaurs... and if men knew how dinosaurs looked like, they must have seen each other, unless these people had crazy imaginations and happened to know how a Stegosaurus looked like. And yes, unlike Hindu deities, dinosaurs did exist (and some still may live today... like the Mokele-Mbembe in the Congo swamps).

Dragons in mythology were very much based off real dinosaurs, so I put them under the same category despite mythological dragons being... well... exaggerated. But they're one and the same. Flying? Check. Fire-breathing? Check. Ferocious? Check... albeit some being friendly hence Chinese dragons being kind and all...

And crickey! I'm no Australian... I'm Korean, although I'd love to see Australia in some part of my life.

Scientists search for the truth. Changing facts is pointless, it doesn't give any benefit to the researchers. More importantly it doesn't happen. Independant scientists aren't biased.

And yes there is masses of proof of the Earth being roughly 4.5 billion years old.
This page lists a good many of them.

http://www.talkorigi...e-of-earth.html

There is no proof however that the Earth is younger than this age.

The statement about red blood cells show you don't know wat you're talking about. Fossils are rock, not organic tissue. Red blood cell were not found in any fossils.

Can you show a picture of these cave paintings. I doubt very much they show a completely accurate depiction of a Stegosaur.

Um, people do in fact have crazy imaginations. My friend drew an exellent picture of a werewolf recently. She has never seen a werewolf.

lol, at Mokele-Mbembe in a serious debate. Do you also believe in the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot and the Yeti?

Chinese dragons live on the moon, just like dinosaurs!

Also, no dinosaur could breathe fire.

#32 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ April 04, 2009 01:08 pm)
lol, at Mokele-Mbembe in a serious debate.  Do you also believe in the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot and the Yeti?

Don't forget the Ogopogo xD

Edit: Forgot to say what my favourite was. Vampires. They've got an air of class around them. And so do demons, but I'm not gettin into an argument about if they're real or not xD

#33 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

user posted image

Here's something interesting. And about the Mokele-Mbembe, why would the natives speak of something like that if they never thought of it? I would rather be open minded to these things rather than being close-minded thinking "everything is just the way it is". This world has many mysteries... and every tales came from somewhere. Before dismissing legendary creatures as "pure myths", leaving the possibility that they may have existed in one way or another isn't a bad idea to me. The philosophical bias of modern times is that "supernaturals don't exist"... and I doubt that. Evidence shows otherwise...

#34 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:40 AM

Evidence that is also bias..... I mean it could be interpreted as supernatural but it could be interpreted otherwise.

I'm still finding it hard to believe this thread is arguing dragons to be real and not mythical, That's just crazy, as for the Chinese Dragon bone that's not really surprising, do you really think that the chinese killed a dinosaur called it a dragon bone and it carried through the ice age? Chances are they found a dinosaur bone, and figured they'd create a mythical creature called a dragon (The chinese dragon) hence dragons are an extension of reality in a sense they were based off dinosaurs, but in no way are dinosaurs actually dragons.

#35 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Aya-Tsuki @ April 05, 2009 05:40 am)
I'm still finding it hard to believe this thread is arguing dragons to be real and not mythical

I know, some people, right? Mind you, 'tis the internet.

#36 AS Deadly

AS Deadly

\nn/ >.< \nn/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Dragons aren't real? ohmy.gif

I like unicorns. Because Neil Patrick Harris sees them when he's on shrooms xD

(Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Watch it, it's hilarious! Rated R or Unrated though, so don't blame me if you watch its explicit content lol)

#37 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, I know, it's ridiculous. At least me and Suzaku came to an agreement, we're talking about two different types of dragons
1 possibly real dragon dinosaur and
DnD dragons from mythology.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#38 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

I like Bugbears =3 Not my favorite, but there worth mentioning.

#39 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

Kitsune smile.gif The magical fox variation. (Since Kitsune are real as that is what foxes are referred to in japanese)

Just noticed I never actually responded to the original post.

#40 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:27 AM

Ryokusaurus Rex
Okay, I'd have to say like Titans
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users