Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

(LU 7/9) FEF News Thread - 3rd Route DLC Out in Japan

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:12 AM

Hey guys! About time we have this! So, a news thread! Post the latest news here and let a mod know so they can update the topic title with the latest date. I'd let someone else with more free time do it but alas I think someone would have done it already XD

So there's already been quite a bit of news but I'll start off with some screenshots from like, last week. Oh, the page has the boxart too, and I'll only post a few here, so go to this link if you want to see more: http://nintendoevery...if-screenshots/

fire-emblem-1.jpg

fire-emblem-2.jpg

fire-emblem-3.jpg

Double dual-attack! Looks a little weird, but it's not exactly bad, haha. And it makes sense that both sides can use it... kinda... I can't help but think of them as twins, just a bit.

I'm curious what the rectangle/circular buttons are for. Two sets of camera things, or something? I don't know. It might be obvious to someone else, so if you know, kindly inform.

FYI, the official site is at http://www.nintendo....bfwj/index.htmland we've got a Twitter where we post Fire Emblem-related stuff (including stuff about FEif, of course) at https://twitter.com/fireemblembuzz if either of those interest you.

Lastly, I'll throw out that there's a very large version of Aqua's art (white dress or w/e) from the site that can be found at http://www.nintendo....img/main_bg.png(heheh go secret/not-so-secret ability to find images), and though it's not so relevant to N.A. as we don't get faceplates, FEif is getting its own faceplate... not too surprising, looks cool though~

main_img01.png

And that's it for now! So what do you guys think of it all? Post, comment! Share your opinions~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:44 AM

I'm glad the enemies get to use Pair Up this time since in Awakening, Pair Up was one of my biggest issues with the game. It made the game easier than it already was.

I like the face plates, and the game seems fairly interesting so far.

#3 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

The 3DS faceplate looks really cool, and most of the screen shots are interesting but I have no idea what's going on. The "enemies can now use pair up" feature is interesting as well, but I don't know how it will affect how I play since I haven't played Awakening.

I'm curious what the rectangle/circular buttons are for. Two sets of camera things, or something? I don't know. It might be obvious to someone else, so if you know, kindly inform.

Clearly FE is now a fighting game where you control the units. This is probably it, though there is only one screen so maybe it's effects that are currently active or something like that. Liek the things affecting the enemies on the right and the things affecting you on the left. (By "affecting" I mean terrain, skills, rallies, that kind of thing)

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm glad the enemies get to use Pair Up this time since in Awakening, Pair Up was one of my biggest issues with the game. It made the game easier than it already was.

I like the face plates, and the game seems fairly interesting so far.

agreed

ok so

LOTS NEW INFORMATION ON THE GAME

But I haven't seen any new screenshots etc. yet, we'll keep an eye out for it

If you want the latest details, either go to my Twitter or try reading this article

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

I don't know how I feel about the removal of weapon durability. That always played a major part in planning because you had to be careful with your weapons, and how many times you could use them. Phoenix mode seems a tad excessive considering Casual mode returns.

Also, holy shit it comes out next month in Japan.

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

You mean I won't get all the way to the final boss using Iron Swords the entire war?!

(but seriously there has to be some kind of balancing thing behind this, like no weapon shops or weapon destruction via other means)

fire-emblem-3.jpg

oh shit this Nohr girl actually looks pretty cute

DOWN WITH YOU COMMUNIST NOHR SCUM! HOSHIDO BANZAI! BANZAI!

I'll just go cry in a corner by myself now Imeanwut

oh wait actually is that the avatar LMFAO I'm so stupid

also I just realized from looking at the highres Aqua art that her underwear is showing (which I'm betting changes color depending on sides too...I blame that bitch Camilla) which I was gonna be all like "why even" at but then I remembed Awakening had pantsless girls all the time.

Edited by Mercurius, 12 May 2015 - 01:20 PM.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

@Mercurius, well she is a dancer... *shot*.

Phoenix mode should be renamed fetus mode Kappa. Busy seriously this mode sounds like a complete joke lol. Weapon durability I'm cautious about. Resource management was a big thing in some of the other games but if it's balanced well enough I'll be cool with it. G A I D E N B O Y Z

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#8 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Gaiden had no weapon durability, and FE4 basically didn't have weapons disappearing when they broke. Both had a much more limited set of weapons available, in exchange, and I think it worked pretty well.

Phoenix mode is just a joke, though. Like, as long as Kamui doesn't die (and since Kamui's the player, we all know how OP (s)he'll probably be) you just win.

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#9 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

Gaiden has a completely different system though so it can't really be compared. And FE4 still had durability and the repair cost which balanced things slightly, though the game overall is unbalanced as fuck. Scarce weapons is probably what they're going to so, but I'm hoping they do something more creative.

Posted Image

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

I don't know how I feel about the removal of weapon durability. That always played a major part in planning because you had to be careful with your weapons, and how many times you could use them. Phoenix mode seems a tad excessive considering Casual mode returns.

Also, holy shit it comes out next month in Japan.

yeah it's sort of an odd/unexpected change I can see why some people aren't sure how to react or have mixed feelings XD and yeah I agree with your assessment of Phoenix Mode but logically speaking, it doesn't take away from the game, so I'm okay with it as long as people realize it is what it is (an extra option to make the game easier/more accessible, and not what Fire Emblem is at its core... or something)

@Mercurius, well she is a dancer... *shot*.

Phoenix mode should be renamed fetus mode Kappa. Busy seriously this mode sounds like a complete joke lol. Weapon durability I'm cautious about. Resource management was a big thing in some of the other games but if it's balanced well enough I'll be cool with it. G A I D E N B O Y Z

lol

resource management was more effective IMO when you didn't have lots of grinding for money and easy access to shops (cough Awakening). now that you can essentially get whatever weapons you want in due time anyway, I can see why they may have thought it was a bit more redundant. In older games you had less access to money and shops and could only get so many weapons without buying them from shops, so resource management was actually a thing (and could actually get seriously troublesome at times if a player wasn't careful and didn't load up on weapons, lol)

Gaiden had no weapon durability, and FE4 basically didn't have weapons disappearing when they broke. Both had a much more limited set of weapons available, in exchange, and I think it worked pretty well.

Phoenix mode is just a joke, though. Like, as long as Kamui doesn't die (and since Kamui's the player, we all know how OP (s)he'll probably be) you just win.

point, and I agree with the assessment of Phoenix Mode. I wouldn't call it a joke per se but it sounds like it's pretty much a "hey, if you're really bad at Fire Emblem but want to experience the Nohr story anyway, have this mode that makes the game so easy all you really need to do is protect one character that is probably one of your if not your best character", lol

I mean not only are Avatars generally OP but this one seems to have some dragon powers or something... and we know how OP dragons can be in Fire Emblem games, haha

Gaiden has a completely different system though so it can't really be compared. And FE4 still had durability and the repair cost which balanced things slightly, though the game overall is unbalanced as fuck. Scarce weapons is probably what they're going to so, but I'm hoping they do something more creative.

again, I think it's going to be my earlier theory that they're just making the game more accessible and less tedious. Weapons will probably be a bit more scarce, sure, but I think they'll still be accessible enough within reason. Shops/shop access will just be balanced a bit accordingly (and remember that assuming this change applies to the whole game/isn't optional and goes for both modes, it means that newer FE players playing the Nohr route won't have to worry about limited weapon uses making them lose because they don't know how to manage inventory well; the mode has limited access to money/shops so in a way it could be troublesome for people who aren't veterans to Fire Emblem like many of us here)

EDIT: Here's a repeat article on the current discussion topic, along with some comments from users at the bottom if you're so inclined to read them/see how some people are reacting, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

I've said it before, that Fire Emblem really isn't the title to play for balance, but both aspects interest me.

First is Phoenix Mode.  It's clear that they're aiming for a wider audience than turn based tactics fans and are moving to the RPG side more (Please let that mean that all the TBT employees are going to make another Advance Wars.  Please?).  Hopefully that means a stronger focus on than in Awakening which either had a boring and stereotypical hero, a boring and fairly stereotypical heroine, or an intentional Mary Sue protagonist depending on who you thought was the main character.  The Future Past was probably closer to what the writers likely intended than the mess that they gave.  Again, hopefully it becomes closer to that more than the cliche and stereotypical story given main game.  I love timeline stream stories and man was the main game wasted potential...

Second is durability considerations.  That re-balances the entire game.  I used to play Shining Force a bit and the tactics/management is far different than Fire Emblem.  This could really change everything fundamentally since the trademark strategy in Fire Emblem revolved around conserving key weapons.  It's a core mechanic change designed to reduce mental load on the tactics side without a doubt but might also make a more interesting game even for the TBT fans...as long as they don't go the Awakening route for difficulty which was to make it Fredrick Mode and have enemies ambush you without you even knowing their existence until they stab your medic.

...Yes, I'm quite bitter about that Laurent recruitment map and their Falcoknights.  Why do you ask?

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#12 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

To be perfectly honest durability hasn't really been a integral part of the difficulty since FE5 (and fe6 slightly). Weapons have always been easily accessible since FE7 (I don't remember if fe6 had a prep screen shop) so it essentially just became spam iron weapons since they're cheap, easy to get, have high durability, and aren't that bad with damage either. The only thing we are truly losing from this is the ability to do some clever durability tactics and balance for the strong weapons (which can be easily fixed). It really is just removing tedium and opening up a different type of resource management depending on how they are going to distribute items now. 

Posted Image

#13 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

To be perfectly honest durability hasn't really been a integral part of the difficulty since FE5 (and fe6 slightly). Weapons have always been easily accessible since FE7 (I don't remember if fe6 had a prep screen shop) so it essentially just became spam iron weapons since they're cheap, easy to get, have high durability, and aren't that bad with damage either. The only thing we are truly losing from this is the ability to do some clever durability tactics and balance for the strong weapons (which can be easily fixed). It really is just removing tedium and opening up a different type of resource management depending on how they are going to distribute items now. 

Fair enough...I guess if you're looking at it from a "most efficient" standpoint (where is where I was making the post from), you'd need to know when to go on the effective route and when to go on the efficient route (that is, when the extra 16 damage per round becomes significant enough that it clears the map faster than your base rate).  I'm from the era of having to count bullets in each clip your characters hold (old X-COM, Rebelstar), so such management of such things comes second nature to me.  Loss of detailed and archaic management systems is a bit strange (as my jump from Rebelstar to X-COM: Enemy Unknown was).

I would say though that it does cause a shift in the worth and use of money and asks whether weapons become more valuable or if they just make healing weaker to encourage more purchasing of temporary effect items like Elixirs...because god knows their current weighting system will be impossible to retain I think.

RedBlue.png

#14 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

There's a large difference between durability not being a problem because you can use one of the weakest weapons in the game for the entire game in virtually every situation and it not being a problem because it doesn't exist. (Broken weapons still counts as being a durability mechanic.)

(but yeah like I said earlier, weapon shops' existence would screw over balance via scarcity really bad, and unless there were some really, really meaningful downsides to using higher-tier weapons there's no reason not to fit everyone in at least Silver.)

resource management was more effective IMO when you didn't have lots of grinding for money and easy access to shops (cough Awakening). now that you can essentially get whatever weapons you want in due time anyway,

For users that didn't pay for the Golden Gaffe, though, consider how much more bothersome the game may have been for them than having just used what budget they could get normally playing, though.

The Arena is also much scarier without savestates.

(also even though we had easy access to shops in Radiant Dawn I had money issues in that game, fortunately I could afford Steel for everyone when you get the Silver Card though after going through a lot of loops to get as much money as possible for the time you do get one.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

I imagine this was the process of the creation of Phoenix mode:

Producer: Ok, so we appealed to the crowd that was scared of the permadeath mechanic with Casual mode. What next?

Joe: Dude... what if we like... made a mode for the people... who are scared of thinking? 

Producer: ...Someone give this guy a promotion.

*ovened* 

Posted Image

#16 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

Joe: Dude... what if we like... made a mode for the people... who are scared of thinking? 
Producer: ...Someone give this guy a promotion.

I'd give Joe a promotion.  This guy obviously knows what the world's heading to.

RedBlue.png

#17 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:19 AM

You shouldn't give someone a promotion for predicting the future when that future is no different from the present.

#18 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

Here's a summary of the famitsu details and the translated interview with the developers.

and here's a blurb about the characterizations of each of the royal family characters:

- Marx (Paladin / CV. Konishi Katsuyuki)

Amongst Nohr's royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father's -- the king's -- intentions (?) .

- Camilla (Revenant Knight / CV. Sawashiro Miyuki)

Nohr's eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she'd be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

- Leon (Dark Knight / CV. Miyano Mamoru)
Marx's younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He's a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.

- Elise (Rod Knight / CV. Suwa Ayaka)

The youngest child amongst Nohr's royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she's just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

- Ryouma (??? / CV. Nakamura Yuuichi)

On top of being Hoshido Kingdom's eldest son, he is also the protagonist's real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.

- Hinoka (Pegasus Warrior / CV. Nazuka Kaori)
Hoshido Kingdom's eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.

- Takumi (Archer / CV. Kaji Yuuki
Ryouma's younger brother. In order to obtain other's recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat suspicious personality.

- Sakura (Shrine Maiden/Priestess / CV. Kanemoto Hisako)
Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi's younger sister. Unlike the other three, she's shy and timid.

The characters sound interesting and I'm also liking how Aqua is an inverse Kamui. But the one thing I'm really curious about is what you're reward for fighting in the "arena" is since you're not getting experience. Also they flat out said Nohr is the more tactical game. Nohr master race. *ovened.

Posted Image

#19 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

The customization of “MyUnit” has been improved since “Awakening,” and so one can edit down to even more specific looks.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

while you guys are busy actually playing the game I will be spending 20 hours customizing my character

–What would be the motivation for choosing “Nohr”?

what the tits weren't obvious enough for interviewer-san?

#20 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

while you guys are busy actually playing the game I will be spending 20 hours customizing my character

H A I R O R N A M E N T S B O Y Z

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users