Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What's Your Avatar Like?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Hey guys!

I'm trying to get as many people as I can to take this VERY quick survey where you just enter some information about your avatar. If you have multiple, choose the first one or the one you're most fond of or something, as you're only allowed to take the survey once though I'm sure you could bypass it if you really wanted to. Please take it honestly so we can get a nice sample of people and then see what people's avatars are like without having to read through lots of posts etc; it'll give us a quick glance of what choices in avatar creation and development are popular and which aren't, amongst other things.

Thanks for your help!

"Your Avatar" Survey

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Done deal dude

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Thanks Lancer, I appreciate it

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Done.

I should stipulate (it should be easy to identify by my answer pattern) that the score I gave, though it's low by game review standards (where anything below 90% is "average"), that it is one of the highest scores of recent games. By comparison, I'd probably, based on my breakdown of scoring, give my #1 favourite game a 96 and the average game a 55-60. Where 9.2-9.3+ is "solid", anything exceeding 70 is solid for me, with 80+ being a suggested play.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Heheh, alright. Everyone kind of has their own scale, and so a large sample size will hopefully account for individual variations in things like that.

And besides, the rating thing is just for fun; it's more about the avatar questions. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Germanicus

Germanicus

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:fire emblem<br>running<br>most rpgs (radiata stories, skies of arcadia, and so on)<br>the ladies(of course)<br>History

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

The information for my boring avatar has been entered.

#7 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've finished it.

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Umm... Morgan shouldn't be an option in the marrying question because he/she is your child and cannot exist without marrying.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes, I know, but I can't edit the options afterwards. Sorry.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Finished the game and this survey!

HOLY DAMN WHAT A GAME.

LUNATIC TIME
user posted image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Haha seriously though

Let me know how Lunatic goes... I should make a topic soon (though I'm a bit tired of raging about it XP)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Is it too late for me to do it? I did it anyway, because I felt like it.
user posted image

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

No, it's not, though did you even beat the game? I don't remember hearing you talk about it much XD (though my memory is poor so XP)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Sure I did. Beat normal, then accidentally saved over my file with a Lunatic file, and I saved over that with a Hard mode file because Lunatic can wait.
First I went with Miriel, now with Tharja on this glorious Hard run. Unfortunately, I got bored of Awakening due to playing it so much, so I'm waiting a while before I go back.
user posted image

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

I got bored of Awakening due to playing it so much

your reputation just plummeted in my mind

[/arrogantAwakeningfan]

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ Feb 14 2013, 04:31 AM)
Umm... Morgan shouldn't be an option in the marrying question because he/she is your child and cannot exist without marrying.

quick illegitimate child option for incest's sake

I filled mine in, surprisingly had one of the rarer ones.

What's with all the unfinished/not entered info, though...?

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#17 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Feb 21 2013, 07:24 PM)
I got bored of Awakening due to playing it so much

your reputation just plummeted in my mind

[/arrogantAwakeningfan]

Hey, I tend to get bored of something if I play it too much/beatitinadayorthree/etc.
user posted image

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

@Hatless idk, it might be that people started the quiz and didn't finish, failed to submit it properly at the end, or took a look at it but decided not to take it.

@King yeah I know it's reasonable I just <3 the game too much so XD don't mind me I'm the nub here tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Feb 22 2013, 10:12 PM)
@Hatless idk, it might be that people started the quiz and didn't finish, failed to submit it properly at the end, or took a look at it but decided not to take it.

@King yeah I know it's reasonable I just <3 the game too much so XD don't mind me I'm the nub here tongue.gif

Er, I forget, are spoilers allowed yet?

Yeah, it's a great game, but I found the plot to be less... detailed... That's the best word I can come up with. I mean, not much is given to the back-stories of the villains, except for several, it just jumps from one story arc to the next(as in the "main villain). I mean, sure, the bad guy was secretly using all of the other villains, but Lyon and Nergal, for example, had more back-story to them. Well, I'm sure that the SpotPass content does, but meh. I still liked the plot, but I prefer some of the other games' more.
It's a shame there were no levels with Fog of War, or any with more than 1-3 allied units. I liked levels with those, like the support in the chapters where you re-recruit Rath, protect Dussel, work with Laguz to defeat the foes in RD. At least it wasn't all only red and blue, like the original games.

Why am I posting this? I might as well explain why I didn't give the game 10/10. It's a great game, yeah, but while it incorporated things from the later games9branching classes) and the romance system, it kept a lot of the things from the originals.(No fog, no/almost no allied units/only 1 type of magic, etc)
Of course there are the nerfs to Pure Water/Master Keys/other items, but those don't matter much, to me.
In retrospect, I should've given this game at least 8.5 or 9.0. Oh well, it's too late to change that.
user posted image

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

@Kingultra there is a chapter like that with multiple NPC's but yeah the chapter goal conditions and amount of NPC's in general felt a little lacking, I think. For spoilers, if it's about something that's out yet and isn't super late-game, it's generally okay, if it's something major like the final boss or a significant plot twist, you may want to make a small note of the spoiler or put it in spoiler tags, and if it's about something that isn't out yet, e.g. the SpotPass chapters to come, use spoiler tags, please. Generally speaking I leave it to you guys to use your own judgment about what should be put in spoiler tags and what shouldn't, since you're all smart enough people to do so you just have to care enough lol.

I didn't really enjoy fog of war and most of the time it didn't make sense to me either, so I was okay with that. More magic types, they prob could have made dark magic a truly separate one, and included light magic, but oh well. I don't like where they split up anima magic into fire, thunder, and wind, though--to me that felt silly especially because mages could only use like one tome type then, and it just made it so frustrating and bland, and it was such a pain to level up EACH individual magic tome type to a high rank sleep.gif there's a lot more flexibility without those divisions, IMO

story-wise, I felt that the story was overall pretty good, it made sense, it was enticing, and it made me want to keep playing, but it wasn't like "holy shit this is an epic story of massive proportions and OMG I have to save the world or else QQ"... but I wasn't really expecting that, I mean it's a Fire Emblem game, and I play'm more for the gameplay than the other stuff. And the characters were pretty much all great IMO and I enjoyed that a lot more than the overall story... i.e. it felt more about the story of the bonds between the protagonists yes all of your allies are protagonists versus a story about the various great enemies and stuff. (Clearly they didn't feel like giving the enemies a ton of development... I mean Walhart, Mustafa, and Yen'fay all had plenty of potential, but it felt like it went to waste XD).

In general the improvements, additions, etc. vastly outweighed what it could have yet improved on and lacked, and no game is perfect, so I took it for what it was and rated it based off of that. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users