Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Event Assembler Help

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (_Berserker_ @ Apr 23 2012, 04:13 PM)
Okay so no Death quote came up and the chapter didnt end. weird.

So, you changed it in nightmare and put the code in the Misc events?

If that's what you did, give me the code you have, I'll see whats wrong.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#62 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

No i went to nightmare and chose death quote part 1.
From there im lost. What do i put as the character, 0x00, pointer to death event, trigger id.

#63 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (_Berserker_ @ Apr 23 2012, 04:24 PM)
No i went to nightmare and chose death quote part 1.
From there im lost. What do i put as the character, 0x00, pointer to death event, trigger id.

It's the trigger ID. Change the boss that will die. Change his trigger ID to whatever you want then use that in the code.

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#64 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

IIRC boss death quotes usually use like 0x02 for the "trigger ID"/event ID, the "defeat boss" goal just says "when event 0x02 is activated, go to this event" (or in more practical terms, "when the boss dies, go to the event here... which is the ending scene).

Hopefully that helps some XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#65 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Apr 23 2012, 11:26 PM)
IIRC boss death quotes usually use like 0x02 for the "trigger ID"/event ID, the "defeat boss" goal just says "when event 0x02 is activated, go to this event" (or in more practical terms, "when the boss dies, go to the event here... which is the ending scene).

Hopefully that helps some XP

So there can only be one Boss Death per chapter? If it is linked to the Ending event I mean. For example, Lets say I'm using a generic unit Brigand and A Character with a sprite and its custom. Later on I decide that the I'm changing allegiances and therefore there is only one generic unit now. What I'm doing is starting off as the Tactician in the start. He/She is the lead character who is on the wrong side and after a talk event the Enemies become Allies and the opposite for the Allies. I think the problem happens because technically that generic unit was a good guy. Before I switched allegiances it worked perfectly and went to the next chapter(chapter 1).

Edit: also my character is able to move infinitely for some reason.

#66 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

No, no, no. If there is one you could usually use the 0x02 code and end the chapter. But, if there's more than one, you should edit the boss death quote in nightmare. Changing 0x02 to something like 0x03 allows you to have more than one boss.

As for the infinite movement, check the class and character editors in Nightmare for what's going on. I can't help much either.

#67 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Golden Warrior @ Apr 24 2012, 05:31 AM)
No, no, no. If there is one you could usually use the 0x02 code and end the chapter. But, if there's more than one, you should edit the boss death quote in nightmare. Changing 0x02 to something like 0x03 allows you to have more than one boss.

As for the infinite movement, check the class and character editors in Nightmare for what's going on. I can't help much either.

Okay il check that in a bit, but can anyone explain the weirdness with this picture?
user posted image

EDIT: RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB. I'm not sure why the pictures isnt showing up. It's a imageshack photo.

#68 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Don't use event ID 0x03. It's reserved for seize events IIRC. Use something higher up, I usually start at 0x06.

Also

imageshack sucks, and I can hardly see the image. Don't use imageshack. It's one of the worst uploaders ever.

The Tactician can infinitely move because... actually, I don't remember, but it's something unique to that class. :\

Once again, a boss death event is really just an after event (AFEV) which says "when event ID 0x02 is triggered, go to this event". you can easily make another "boss death" trigger by giving another character another event ID, like say 0x06, and then saying "when event ID 0x06 is triggered, go to this event". You just gotta understand how the system works.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#69 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Alright il reupload it with something else. What if though I wanted one Boss to die and then one left over, what should I put for that because it wouldn't be the ending event but it would still show his death quote etc.

#70 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

you would just put any other event ID, and then not have an event in the Misc_events that says "when the boss death quote is activated, go to the ending event".

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#71 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Apr 24 2012, 02:11 PM)
you would just put any other event ID, and then not have an event in the Misc_events that says "when the boss death quote is activated, go to the ending event".

I think i understand. I only define the event it should goto if I want it to go to that. Im gonna try it.
Edit: Yup works now thanks. Now i gotta figure out portraits and how to make them as well as animations.

#72 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

Sweet, I didn't have to explain things in super detail. you're smarter than you look

I can't help you with making portraits/animations but the Ultimate Tutorial has a ton of info on how to insert them and format them, and feel free to make a question on graphics in general if you want (I wouldn't include it here since this topic is more or less about event editing).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#73 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Lol yeah i meant the format. I didn't know you knew how i looked tongue.gif I got on skype with Gold earlier and he explained some stuff to me. However, I didnt get the time to ask about how to expand the memory for the rom. Also, how would I go about making custom animations such as criticals. Would I make them and then insert them into Feditor or Nightmare?

#74 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

expand memory? you can't do that tongue.gif I think you got some terminology confused, and sadly I'm not sure what.

custom animations are done as a whole using FEditor/your spriting and text editing programs of choice. I realize I'm becoming a broken record with this but chapters 57-58 cover that--a custom animation covers the standing, dodge, critical, range, etc., i.e. it covers every pose, once you make it and insert it using FEditor all you have to do is set it up for the game to use it using Nightmare modules (such as the battle animation editor, custom battle animation editor, class editor, character editor, etc., depending on what you want to do--the tutorial should also cover this though, lol I really am annoying even myself with my "bla bla bla tutorial" rampage...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#75 Aura Wolf

Aura Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

If by "memory" you mean free space, you just add 00's at the end.
user posted image

#76 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Okay. By memory I meant the data for the game. You mentioned before that I can leave room between chapters just incase and that I could always make the space at the end larger.Gold mentioned using a Hex editor to do it.Alright I didn't read that part of your tutorial. You know there are two right? Ultimate tut 1 and 2. Il try making some frames and testing it either today or tomm.

#77 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

dont' use the old one, it's... old. there's absolutely no reason to use it AFAIK.

I feel like I'm supposed to respond to something else but I can't remember what, so meh.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#78 _Berserker_

_Berserker_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Apr 25 2012, 03:06 PM)
dont' use the old one, it's... old. there's absolutely no reason to use it AFAIK.

I feel like I'm supposed to respond to something else but I can't remember what, so meh.

You were supposed to respond to how to add memory using hex editors?

#79 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

you can't add memory

I think you mean ROM space

and just insert bytes bro

seriously just open your ROM in HxD, scroll to the bottom, hit the final byte, then do edit->insert bytes and put some byte amount that you want (in increments of around a megabyte is good--I'd add 0x00400000 and that should be more than you'll ever need).

also if you ever plan on having custom music you may want to look into that now, before it becomes too late--patches that are needed to insert it overwrite data in certain areas so it's usually best to use said patches now before it's too late

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users