Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

G-Goddamn onions...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

So a couple great things happened in the last couple days in hockey

I'm not sure this video will play for everyone, so I'll provide a transcript of what's going on:
- As I'm sure Finnish hockey fans will tell you, player Teemu Selanne is probably one of the most recognized hockey players of all time. He has spent many years as one of the best people you can know. He played for his current team, the Anaheim Ducks, for 14 years and has been a huge ambassador and icon to the game. In fact, the Ducks have announced already that his number (8) will be the first retired for the franchise.
- This year has been known as Selanne's farewell season. He started it off by creating a great video poking fun at his own indecision over the summer.

- So throughout the year, fans young and old have been following him and watching his final games. He is nowhere near the impact player he used to be. In fact, he wasn't much of a factor this season. But he was sent to the Finnish Olympic team and, against the odds, brought back a Bronze (even scoring the game winning goal for the Finnish team).

- Today was his last regular season game. He isn't done yet as the playoffs are still looming for the Ducks but he ended his regular season career at home. The Ducks' captain, Ryan Getzlaf, gave Selanne the captaincy of the team, something he has never had before in all his time with the Ducks.
- The PBP team, as should be expected for a player like Selanne, named him the game's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd star. Then, as I've so often mentioned Iginla and the Flames doing for Canucks player Trevor Linden, the Colorado Avalanche team came out and all shook his hand.
- Now this is where it got really hard for me to watch. The Avalanche goalie for the game was JS Giguere, an ex-teammate of Selanne. The two won the championship trophy, the Stanley Cup, with the Ducks. So after they all shook hands, Selanne pulled Giguere aside and they took one more lap around the Anaheim stadium together.

I often talk about class and classy players. Selanne is pure class.

Did I mention the LA Kings (a rival team of the Ducks) gave him a boat as a show of appreciation of his career?

In a similar circumstance, Martin Brodeur (goaltender holding basically every record you could ever want as a goaltender) plays for the New Jersey Devils. It is highly suspected he'll not be re-signed in the off-season after spending his entire career with the New Jersey Devils. So as a final salute, the team backs off and lets him salute the crowd on his own. No money will be won by those who guessed correctly who they picked as the games' MVP.

It's very similar to the treatment given my all-time favourite goaltender (Kiprusoff) during his suspect (and later confirmed) last home game.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users