Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

NBA Thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

There's been a few topics on the NBA here and there, so let's make a thread for discussion of stuff.

So then, onto the subject:

Arenas gets out with community service. If he wasn't famous....

I wonder how he reintergrates with the team.

Kobe nearly made a double-double in turnovers >_>

And damnit Bosh, shoot those clutch FTs.

#2 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

I've personally always disliked Gilbert Arenas. Never liked his attitude and how he approached the game. When he got in trouble I was like, hell yeah, that's what you get you dumbass. But then when I heard that he barely got anything as punishment, I was pissed. I agree with you there. If only he wasn't famous.

Personally, I think the exact same thing that happened to T-Mac will happen with him. When he comes back, he's not going to be very good. Eventually he will be sidelined and come off the bench for limited minutes. Then he's going to be traded to the Knicks in the offseason after they fail to sign any worthwhile free agents.

Speaking of free agency, I also personally think that the 2010 free agency is way too hyped up. All these big name players are probably going to be staying with their teams.

LeBron is going no where if he wants to win. He's definitely staying in Cleveland. That's his best option at the moment. Any other good options like the Lakers or Magic or whatever don't have any capspace to take him. If he's serious on winning, I'd be surprised if he went to another team.

As for Wade, I think he's going to stay as well. Sure, his team stinks pretty badly, but I think he owes it to them to stay. They've been loyal to him, and he should show some loyalty back. Miami also has capspace to sign another elite player. Signing any one of them could easily bring Miami back into contention in combination with Wade.

As for people like Bosh and Stoudemire, I'm less certain. I'd say it's about 50/50 that they leave. They really have no reason to leave, but they also have no reason to stay either.

#3 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:00 AM

T-Mac got bad because his knees went. Prime T-Mac was one of the best, if not the best, in the league at the time. Man was a god. Arenas, a chucker xD

Yeah, LeBron will most likely stay. As for Wade, he's in Miami, which is like, one of the better places to live, and yeah, he has the potential of teaming up with Bosh or Stoudemire.

Being a Raptors fan, I'm worried about Bosh going, we'd slump in the next few years and go lottery bound most likely.

Bosh said he didn't want to go to a team and be the sidekick, but I don't know if he's a legit franchise player. Him + Wade would probably make the Heat a contender though.

Stoudemire might go to Miami, but I think he's worried about his stock and if it's affected by the other players in the FA, causing him to take the player option.

#4 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Bump for playoffs being in late 1st/2nd round.

And Mo dunking. WTF.

And over a month of staring at draft boards.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:10 AM

Mo Williams' dunk was AWESOME. He's sick. When he plays well, he's totally awesome. Like unbelievably. He gets me pumped BIG time.

I've personally always disliked Gilbert Arenas. Never liked his attitude and how he approached the game. When he got in trouble I was like, hell yeah, that's what you get you dumbass. But then when I heard that he barely got anything as punishment, I was pissed. I agree with you there. If only he wasn't famous.

Not sure what you're talking about since I didn't bother to read the post above you but I agree with your opinion, except it's not so much of a dislike but just rather a lack of respect for him. I don't think he has earned much respect.

Kobe nearly made a double-double in turnovers >_>

This is a response to an old comment, but LOL.

--------------

So, what do you think the most interesting match-up is right now?

I'd say Cavs vs. Celtics, not just because I'm a huge Cavs fan, but because the series was the only one to go 1-1 after 2 games. The other 3 went 2-0, and the teams that went up 2-0 are most likely to win. While the Cavs are more likely to win, the series is more likely to go to 7 games than any other series.

I want the Suns to ROCK the Spurs, so yeah. It'd be good for the Cavs, I think, if we didn't have to face off against Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, i.e. the Lakers, so if Utah wins that'd be awesome but I doubt it'll happen since IIRC the Lakers are near perfect when leading a playoff series 2-0 and perfect with their current coach leading a playoff series 2-0 (somehow the name escapes me, idk how considering how well known the Lakers coach is but I don't feel like looking it up).

Atlanta's matchup vs. Orlando is reminiscent of Cavs vs. Orlando last year except Orlando seems even more lethal and Atlanta doesn't have a total superstar like Lebron to bail them out, I don't think. I'm expecting a sweep by Orlando and then the Cavs beat Orlando in a 6 game series, 4-2, which would be the opposite of last year (where the CAVS swept their first 2 teams and lost to Orlando 2-4...).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 8 2010, 04:10 AM)

Not sure what you're talking about since I didn't bother to read the post above you but I agree with your opinion, except it's not so much of a dislike but just rather a lack of respect for him. I don't think he has earned much respect.

So, what do you think the most interesting match-up is right now?

The whole Gilbert Arenas gun incident.

And for most interesting match-up...Suns-Spurs, it's always an event there.

#7 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

Suns owned one or so nights ago, anyone know what the score was? Apparently they changed they're names top Lo Suns in protest to Arizona's new immigration bill.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

No, they always have a Los Suns jersey, normally for the 'Latin Nights', with other such lulzy jerseys like 'El Heat'. They used it for a: Cinco de Mayo, and b: A protest against the bill.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

^That is truth

I mentioned that in Spanish when it was Cinco de Mayo... but I said "they were doing it to protest Cinco de Mayo and spanish heritage" instead of the opposite. LOL. my teacher hates me and hated me anyway so idc

Nothing against Spanish people or Hispanics though, they aren't necessarily awesome or bad, it all depends on the person who happens to be *insert ethnicity here*. ohmy.gif

Anyway, the last 4 match-ups between Suns and Spurs resulted in Spurs' wins. 3 of those wins resulted in championships, IIRC. (I only know this because they broadcasted this information on TV.) It's interesting to see the flip situation so far, the Suns rocking the Spurs. Personally I'm rooting for the Suns because I like Steve Nash, I'd love a Suns vs. Cavs finals where we win in 6 games or something lol, and even more than that I dislike the Spurs. D:

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 8 2010, 03:08 PM)
I like Steve Nash

I can't seem to find anyone who doesn't like Steve Nash xD

#11 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

BUMP FOR DRAFT NIGHT.

I'm extremely pleased with the Raptors' draft, I think Davis is a good prospect.

Also, talk of Hedo leaving, thank god.

#12 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

I want the talk of Lebron to END. WHY WON'T IT STOP?
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#13 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Because he hasn't signed anywhere yet? And every other big FA is waiting for him to sign somewhere first?

#14 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

I honestly don't care if he leaves, he's a complainer, makes excuses and he gives up. "OWWWW MY ELBOW HURTS." YOU'RE PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, SUCK IT UP. He didn't even try in that Boston series. I'm tired of it. I don't really care if he leaves, if he does stay he needs to change his mindset.

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#15 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

All sports players complain, despite earning more than they should.

Anyways, the team goes lottery bound if he leaves. You don't want to be stuck with us, do you?

#16 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

Bump because of "The Decision."

LeBron seriously f'ed Cleveland up by going to Miami. I can honestly say I feel bad for them, especially since he did it on national TV. They did all they could trying to surround him with a championship team. Now that he's gone, they're stuck in a huge hole. They've got $11M in cap space but no one to spend it on. That letter by Gilbert was pretty harsh. I'd be pissed too, but that was a little extreme. Someone is a sore loser.

Miami will definitely be a force in the coming years. I don't think they'll win the championship next year, but given some time, I think they'll win one eventually. It's pretty much gonna be the Big Three and 9 minimum salary guys. They just traded Beasley away, and Jermaine O'Neal just signed with Boston. I think they have 5 total players on their roster right now. I have no idea, but I'm sure there will be some veteran guys who have yet to win a championship that will take that chance to win one with them. We'll see.

In other news, Boozer is with the Bulls and Lee to the Warriors, among other random free agent signings and trades. I think the Bulls can be a top 4 team in the east with this squad. Boozer is a good fit for them. Rose will finally have someone on the inside to play with (no disrespect to the other guys he's played with, but none of them compare to Boozer). I'm a DRose fan, so I'm hoping the Bulls do well.
As for the Warriors... eh. I still don't think they'll make the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about how this next season will turn out. At least we know who the Lakers will be playing on Christmas lol.

#17 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

I'm waiting for Miami to blow up, and implode having so many ball hogs. I'm pretty interested in if the Cavs try to get Chris Paul, he seemed interested in coming here, and yeah, LeBron is an ass, didn't see Gilbert's letter though. I'll have to check it out.
Edit: In case there was trouble finding it: http://www.nba.com/c...ter_100708.html

Hahaha, that made my day.

user posted image

#18 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

I'll copy/paste it just in case that link goes away.

Letter (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'll be honest, coming back and seeing this was quite a shock.

A big three, again. Miami are very lucky, but it was on the cards.

I feel sorry for Cleveland, James could've at least look like he tried until the end.

Bosh leaving the Raptors to me is eh. I knew it would happen.

#20 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

I wasn't surprised by LeBron leaving. I can even understand the reason why he left. He wants to win. I get that. But the way he left was ridiculous. The three had already planned to play together for the last two years. They knew they were going to Miami. However, LeBron still felt the need to make the NBA a circus by having 6 teams GO TO HIM and having a TV special about it. He can't just say, hey I'm a pussy and need to ride other superstars to win a ship. But hey, a championship is a championship.

I think Chris Webber said it best. You can never mention LeBron James in the same breath as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant ever again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users