Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Sprite gallery

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:a lot of things :P

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Hi everyone, I made some mugshots and sprites Well I hope you will like it 

here some Mugs ^^

Mugshots_Fire_Emblem_The_New_Excalibur.p

(Yes I love to give names -no in reality I'd like to do my own hack-)

so here some sprites

BS_Templar_with_sword.png

Sindre_Batthe_sheet_promoted.png

They aren't the best but I like them :)

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

oh wow, that is a LOT! I like the lance-user at the end.s he looks quite cool. I would kind of like to see it animated.

The character that looks like a splice between Ephraim and Eirika (or rather, it's like, Ephraim with what looks to be Eirika's promoted class's sword XD) is also cool, though I think the way he uses it seems a bit weird :P

and of course you have a lot of portraits haha, they are simple but not too bad, I like how you have names for all of them--just curious, do you find it easy to come up with names? I personally don't... I struggle a TON and am rarely ever satisfied with it. I mean, if it's just thinking up a name, I can do that, but I am sooo bad at deciding on them. T_T

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

I can't see them XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#4 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

oh wow, that is a LOT! I like the lance-user at the end.s he looks quite cool. I would kind of like to see it animated.

The character that looks like a splice between Ephraim and Eirika (or rather, it's like, Ephraim with what looks to be Eirika's promoted class's sword XD) is also cool, though I think the way he uses it seems a bit weird :P

and of course you have a lot of portraits haha, they are simple but not too bad, I like how you have names for all of them--just curious, do you find it easy to come up with names? I personally don't... I struggle a TON and am rarely ever satisfied with it. I mean, if it's just thinking up a name, I can do that, but I am sooo bad at deciding on them. T_T

I'll try to animate it, but I don't know how

Yes I used Ephraim's sprite when he gets priomoted with Eirika's sword when she gets promoted, It looks like a bit of Eliwood's Class when he is promoted but his Sprite (to eliwood) is not really beautiful in my opinion

I'm not masochist, I don't want to make something complicated (how i find the names? Instinct? :'D no, seriously, I like names that's sounds good for me ^^

I can't see them XD

really? ._.

#5 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

http://gyazo.com/baa...b2d1332aa27ddf0

What I see

Posted Image
Posted Image
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#6 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

ah it's kinda strange :/

wait, I post the links

http://s12.postimg.o...w_Excalibur.png

http://s23.postimg.o..._with_sword.png

http://s28.postimg.o...et_promoted.png

You'll telle me if you see something

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:59 AM

I'll try to animate it, but I don't know how

Yes I used Ephraim's sprite when he gets priomoted with Eirika's sword when she gets promoted, It looks like a bit of Eliwood's Class when he is promoted but his Sprite (to eliwood) is not really beautiful in my opinion

I'm not masochist, I don't want to make something complicated (how i find the names? Instinct? :'D no, seriously, I like names that's sounds good for me ^^

really? ._.

hmm, well I think the easiest way would be to make a GIF animation, though it is still not very easy haha

unfortunately it has been a LONG time since I made an animated GIF and I couldn't really tell you how to do it or what program is good :( sorry

it's ok if you don't animate it though, I was just thinking it'd be cool to see it animated :)

I agree that Eliwood's sprite looks kinda ugly haha, yours looks cooler, it just feels more like the motion of a lance than a sword, I guess

Haha that makes sense, yeah I tend to want something cool but I don't like it if the name is shared with someone I already know, like someone I know IRL, or online, or a game character, or if it uses the same name as another character I've made up, or the same name as a friend's made-up character... I put too many restrictions on the name and then I just can't decide on one XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

hmm, well I think the easiest way would be to make a GIF animation, though it is still not very easy haha

unfortunately it has been a LONG time since I made an animated GIF and I couldn't really tell you how to do it or what program is good :( sorry

it's ok if you don't animate it though, I was just thinking it'd be cool to see it animated :)

I agree that Eliwood's sprite looks kinda ugly haha, yours looks cooler, it just feels more like the motion of a lance than a sword, I guess

Haha that makes sense, yeah I tend to want something cool but I don't like it if the name is shared with someone I already know, like someone I know IRL, or online, or a game character, or if it uses the same name as another character I've made up, or the same name as a friend's made-up character... I put too many restrictions on the name and then I just can't decide on one XD

I can make GIFs with Gimp, I can try :)

That's the reason I prefer Ephraim's sprite and Eirika's one, their animation looks more fluids, yes It's a lance animation on the basis for my own sprite, I'll try to change that

names are fun to find, but at the same time this is really hard

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

alright, good luck~

*nods at the rest of your post*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Well I tried to animate this

it's really rude and not fluid, I'm not good at animation

Sans_titre.gif

#11 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Even so it's quite nice. All of your stuff is quite good even if some are a bit basic in the body. Better than most people when they first get started, myself included. :P

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#12 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

I can see them on my phone :D wow that is alot.
Ok so bith animations are pretty cool, though the Ephraims crit looks a bit off to me since his sword reverts back to a spear in the blurred frames.
Mugs are pretty coll. My favorite is Eryn.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

than you so much dears <3

well for the "Templar" sprite with a sword I used Ephraim's one with Eirika's sword and I didn't change the fact that it was a lance

thank you for the mugs, ther aren't so complicated but I prefer ti do simple mugs

#14 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

It's not a half bad start for an animation. I'm not incredibly experienced with animating, but I would recommend making the "slashing" motion blur frames a little longer, kind of like the Swordmaster's critical.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#15 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

yes but I wonder How I can do that

#16 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:53 AM

You know, I'm not too sure. Do any experienced animators have something to add here?

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#17 JuneoftheMearkat

JuneoftheMearkat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:O_O, waaaay too many to say

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Haha I'm not exactly experienced, but I'm thinking maybe you should make it clearer that the character is blurring into the slash? Like how Fe7 dodge frames are (they give the illusion of swiftly moving from one place to another). Have the character blur into the spike part (using their pallette). Slowing down the animation as you work can help too, to see any kinks that need ironing out.

#18 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

I can do that too ^^ thanks for your advices

#19 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

Mugs for the most part are pretty solid. The only real concern that comes to me right away is using the MSPaint Black color. Basically try not to use such a color as it ends up being darker than the border of the sprite and everything will look wierd. The border is actually kind of a dark purple-ish color actually. Even when I sprited, I wasn't really good at making custom colors, but I tried to work with what was offered in the FE8 scheme. lol

Besides that, I've never been informed in battlesprites, but my best suggestion would be to look at sheets from the game and try to mirror their movements as a good reference point. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#20 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:15 PM

I put some time to understand what do you want to mean but now I understand, I guess. so for black hair I should use a shade of grey right? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users