Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

I probably WILL get a WiiU for the game, and for other games that look appealing to me if I can find any. I've loved Fire Emblem since I found out about it, and the SMT series (especially the Persona subseries) seriously interests me. It will just have to be low priority until I get a gaming computer.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#22 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

The WiiU is so freaking expensive though

says the guy who bought a new 3DS just because he knew he'd love Awakening that much

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#23 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Not thaaat expensive. At least for the new gen consoles.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#24 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

It's not any more expensive than I'd be willing to pay to own one.

Also, it will likely be even less expensive by the time I get the money to pay for one.

Spoiler

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

I dunno man, making a $300+ investment so I can get to play a $50-60 game seems a little much especially given that it doesnt do as much as like the PS3 last I checked

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'd keep a watch for bundles. My brother and I got the ZombieU Wii U bundle + an additional game (we chose Monster Hunter) for like $370. Still expensive, but you get a bit more bang for your buck.
user posted image

#27 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 8 2013, 03:17 PM)
I dunno man, making a $300+ investment so I can get to play a $50-60 game seems a little much especially given that it doesnt do as much as like the PS3 last I checked

Right, but it's a FE and SMT crossover. Nothing about that combination leads me to expect that it'll be a game that I don't want. Also, it's not like that's the only game I'll even want/buy for the WiiU, so it's worth picking up to start out with, then grabbing other games as they come. Worst case scenario, I pick up the game and console used and save some of that.

Spoiler

#28 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

^Meh you can hardly save any off of used and there are other risks with it being used that I don't like at least when it comes to consoles (if it's like an only gen game you can only find used that's fine with me but I prefer them new when I can)

^^Bundle might be okay but only if it's a game you want anyhow i.e. the system has to be bundled with a or multiple good game(s) which is not a guarantee

Lastly

Right, but it's a FE and SMT crossover. Nothing about that combination leads me to expect that it'll be a game that I don't want.

We hardly know anything about the game, it could very well be freaking terrible, even if it has FE characters it could be a total disgrace to Fire Emblem and I'm not really much of an SMT fan myself (though I intend to delve more into it eventually) so meh, if it's not executed well I could see myself liking it as much as I like Sonic Pinball (i.e. not at all). Genre, execution, etc. all matter to me, just having two good games and smashing them together isn't enough (no pun on Smash Bros. being a mesh of like 30+ games smashed together lol).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#29 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

They already have games planned. Such as the new Monolith Soft game, Pikmin 3, etc. It's not going to be a console which only has like 2 games that are good. Look what they did with the 3DS. They'll do the same for the Wii U.

Posted Image

#30 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

I want to see results, not listen to hypothesis and possibilities

Come back when something has happened, not when something is going to happen tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#31 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

They also have MH3U and Lego City Undercover which are both pretty good games. And they have Deus Ex Human Revolution which is going to be superior to the other console's versions. I'm getting that since I never got the original.

Posted Image

#32 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

That's kind of getting out of the realm of the original topic but whatever

I honestly don't care about any of those games, they all look boring and you'd have to pay me to play them (as in, maybe if I were a video game reviewer and my boss told me to review them, I would, but otherwise I wouldn't even think about it >_>;)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#33 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Psh, expand your boundaries, then. tongue.gif

In any case, regardless of the quality of my financial choices (which has never been above "questionable"), I'm still pumped for this game.

Spoiler

#34 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Expanding my boundaries won't help me enjoy them, if I don't like a game I don't like a game XD Trust me I've tried or at least looked at a lot of games and genres and the such tongue.gif

and I am also somewhat excited for this game though I would be more excited if they would release some screenshots already XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#35 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well I enjoy both SMT and FE so it doesn't matter which style they choose to make the game because I know I'll enjoy either one.

Posted Image

#36 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'd prefer FE and it might make a little more sense marketing wise, I think more people are familiar with Fire Emblem than SMT and would be more willing to try an FE game with the success and general conversational spread of Awakening (i.e. the fact that it was talked about a lot and ordered a lot on sites like GameFAQs and GameStop make it so that more people are aware of the game's existence and would recognize the name "Fire Emblem") and therefore it'd be better for them to focus on that so that more people try the game and then they'd get people to potentially get into SMT and the such

I'm not saying SMT is bad or that people won't like it but look at it like this (this is just an example for sake of making a small point), if you have a no-name company and a well-known company and you were going to merge the two and wanted to choose which would take the lead, you'd probably have the bigger more well-known company take the lead because they've proven to be more successful and thus it's more beneficial if they combine their efforts to expand on that

I didn't do much research but there doesn't seem to be a large community of SMT fans and they mostly seem to be spread about amongst other places. Before a few years ago I hadn't even heard of the games and TBH "Shin Megami Tensei" just screams "Japanese RPG" to me which can be a turn-off for a lot of people and you gotta admit with anime cutscenes and lots of other Japanese aspects it's pretty Japanesey and people who aren't into that thing might not like it (personally I like to give games a chance because I wouldn't find gems like TWEWY which are heavily influenced by Japanese culture but still amazing if I didn't)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#37 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

You have to factor in the Persona games, which play similarly to SMT (as they should, being a subgenre) and are rather popular. To be honest, I'd think that more people would know of SMT, even if through Persona, than Fire Emblem, but I also have no research to back that up.

Spoiler

#38 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Nor do I have any research to back-up my stuff haha, I'm more or less just chit-chatting XD

And yeah Persona is relatively popular we'll see where they go with it and hopefully they take it in the strongest direction they can which is likely their goal (appeal to fans with interesting concept -> motivate people to buy game -> people buy the game -> ??? -> profit), I still think FE would be the stronger choice but I really am too biased/uneducated to say much more on that so I guess I'll shut up xD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#39 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

That's assuming that they choose one style of gameplay over the other. Who knows? Maybe there are sections of both, which would be fun (if tricky to balance), ie some dungeons are traditional RPG style combat and others are turn-based strategy. However, some characters (archers) that would be less useful in FE-style combat could be just fine in SMT-style combat, and vice versa, so team composition would require thought to get right. Alternatively, playable characters might be split into two teams, one with FE-style gameplay and the other for SMT-style gameplay, and the plot would revolve around one, then switch to the other, etc.

Spoiler

#40 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

^Yeah they could do both. With like them trying to get in areas so the outside portion would be FE style gameplay while the inside would be SMT style.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users