Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Completed Games List 2015

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

well considering i know very little about the persona spin-offs i don't think it matters a whole lot either. this is my first one. even if i did have a vita though i probably wouldn't play it very often. between my ps2, pc, and 3ds i don't have much time for gaming on anything else. and recently monster hunter 4 has been a massive time-suck...totally worth it, but still.

#22 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

haha yeah I feel you, I usually just kinda switch off between systems, playing the ones I feel like at the moment and leaving the others to collect dust in the meanwhile, even if it means not playing them for weeks or months; it can't be really helped, only so many hours in the day and most of them are busy with other things lol

and MH4U is supposed to be pretty awesome, I think you, Cero, and Voffie have it and are playing it to various extents, I also haven't it but haven't been able to sink my teeth into it yet, we should get some FES Monster Hunting sessions going on though! now if only someone would make a thread... and maybe I can get people to look at it...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#23 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (zac122 @ Mar 22 2015, 06:10 AM)
Started on persona 4 yesterday. Looking extremely promising so far.

Holy coincidences.

I just started Persona 4 Golden (after having played Persona 4 before).

Battle gameplay never felt too bad...the element system is kind of weird and annoying (since a crowd targeting spell is likely to give you another turn)...and so is the lack of continual saves...but the narrative always made up for it. It's probably overall the best built (Edit - turn based) JRPG in a while.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#24 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

I'd throw my vote for one of the Etrian Odyssey games, but unfortunately the nearly complete lack of story stops me from doing so. i mean it's not like there's no story at all, but it's more of a backdrop for the dungeon crawling than for developing characters. for example in EO4 you can count on one hand the number of dynamic characters. no exaggeration.

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

well, it's kinda easier to push out games that way, making a narrative that also works well with the gameplay and such can be a lot of work... >_>; it's easier to stick to a basic formula, fill in the variables, and go from there

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

I'm not complaining about it at all. EO wasn't made to have a beautiful story with plot twists and emotional involvement. It's an unforgiving hardcore dungeon crawler with not much else to get in the way of that. And it delivers on every point one might expect from it.

#27 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

yeah I think that's why I haven't made much progress on EO games lol, I only like dungeon crawling in limited amounts and when it has meaning and it's not very repetitive... which is not very often LOL, so in other words I get impatient with dungeon crawling games in general XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#28 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

April 7, 2015 - The World Ends with You  - [DS]

I really liked the story. Though the battle system was meh for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

heyooo and I didn't even have to tell you to play it haha

now the question is... do you want a sequel?

because I do

*shot*

EDIT: Oh yeah despite how little I've been gaming lately, I did actually manage to beat one game due to how relatively quick it was:

OlliOlli, Wii U, April 2nd, 2015

A skateboaring game. It was actually super fun and technical (and challenging) for me. It's the kind of indie game I like, I guess--to the point, simple fun, kind of "arcadey" due to the lack of story and such. There are a few things about it that annoyed me (it felt like it was sometimes hard to distinguish between what objects were dangerous or not, and I feel like it neglected to mention the importance of some aspects of the game such as timing your jumps and nose-grinding which are essential to beating the harder levels).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

Child of Light, Xbox One, 11/04/15

That...was quicker than I thought it would be. Still very good for a free game.

#31 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

lol nice, I actually just started playing that game today. I didn't get it for free, but it's still enjoyable so far. Curious to see how it plays out. I heard it's not very long either, but eh. I'm not a huge fan of the platforming elements, tbh, but whatever, still feels like a solid game.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#32 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:09 AM

Well now this I like. Well time to get my list here but probably all of the dates I beaten these games in is not gonna be correct so I will just use the months I beaten said games in.

- Tales of Xillia 2, PS3, March

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wii U, February

- Super Mario Advance 3 Yoshi's Island, GBA/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, PS3 Download, April

- Donkey Kong Country, SNES/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Kong-Quest, SNES/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- F-Zero GP Legend, GBA/Wii U Virtual Console, April

- Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem, NDS, March

(Commentary in order)

- Oh my god! After going through this game my heart was torn to pieces! I had no heart left by the time I got to the final decision you had to make. I absolutely love this game because of that despite of how long it took me to beat it.

- Well... It's definitely Donkey Kong but able to use more kongs than you could in the last game. I have nothing to say about this game since it's Donkey Kong.

- Now this is a game I actually wished I played back in the SNES days. This game is so much different than the average Mario game. If you plan on getting the extra stages as well as the bonus minigames then you have to get at least 800 points in a world. It is not hard to do if you are playing the GBA version because that version has the secret stages which you unlock after beating the game. It is definitely a must play if you really want something different but with Yoshi. I have been told that I sounded the most angry when playing the game but that is just me when playing a game for the first time.

- It's Dynasty Warriors but giving you the option to make your own warrior and allowing you to follow a ruler or starting your own kingdom. I think that is really cool. The only downside to this version is it's digital download only.

- Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 is... Well just watch my Let's Plays of the two games and you will know how I feel about the two.

- Probably the first F-Zero to ever have a story mode and the easiest compared to F-Zero GX. Unlike F-Zero GX you can actually pick 8 characters that have their own stories including the bad guys Black Shadow being one of them with their own ending as well as some chapters with a certain amount of bounty. Of course can't forget the grand prix mode as well as the championship cup after beating the platinum cup.

- I absolutely love this one other than having the option to make your own avatar. I have seen the true ending of the game which made me like this game a lot despite how easily I got through it due to arenas and the drill grounds. I will go as far as this Fire Emblem being my favourite Fire Emblem game.

#33 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

Haha, that's alright. I used to be picky about the formats but now it's just whatever/posting for fun. Personally though, I'm pretty sure it was this series of topics that made me start keeping track of all my completed games. I've been doing it since 2012 now. It's kinda fun, actually... and useful in various ways (I often go back and check on it :P).

As for the games you beat: solid list! I'm pretty much familiar with all the games/series to varying extents. I play some DK games (fun times), mostly the 2D ones. Tropical Freeze was great. Been playing Tales of for a long while now, but haven't played the super old ones. Did play ToX2... it was ok. I still gotta go back and do the stuff I missed out on.

F-Zero is great, Yoshi's island is solid, and FE is great of course (I thought FE12 was a significant improvement over FE11, albeit still not *amazing*).

In response to your commentary, I don't have too much to say, but...

- Oh my god! After going through this game my heart was torn to pieces! I had no heart left by the time I got to the final decision you had to make. I absolutely love this game because of that despite of how long it took me to beat it.

I'm surprised you enjoyed this game as much as you did. It was okay, but I personally didn't like it too much due to some issues with the battle system, the debt system, a lot of reused stuff, and some other problems (the story had some great moments but was mostly unimpressive to me). Well anyway, I think it's good someone enjoyed it quite a bit (and I'm pretty sure others did too), thanks for sharing :)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#34 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

BLOODBORNE- Only took me 18 hours

Dragons Age Inquisition- Knight Enchanter OP

Final Fantasy 15 Demo- it counts ok

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#35 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:02 AM

?? - Ghost Trick (NDS)

?? - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

I'm counting the big finale fight of the Caravan as beating MH4U, shut up. I'm well aware that I've got at least 50 hours as a generous estimate of farming left to do.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#36 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:07 AM

Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR! - Janurary 3rd  (Basically the Japan-only sequel to the orginal Pokemon TCG on the GB. The fan translation was finally released and well done too). 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#37 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

@MH4U if that's something like the final boss/quest being beaten then it's fine I guess

Final Fantasy 15 Demo- it counts okz

BLOODBORNE- Only took me 18 hours

Dragons Age Inquisition- Knight Enchanter OP

Final Fantasy 15 Demo- it counts ok

no

shut up

I don't like you

"ONLY" 18 hours? that is more than I get to game in like 3 weeks sometimes

also no the FFXV demo doesn't count. it's a demo. I didn't count it. therefore you can't. get out. *shot*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#38 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

Haha, that's alright. I used to be picky about the formats but now it's just whatever/posting for fun. Personally though, I'm pretty sure it was this series of topics that made me start keeping track of all my completed games. I've been doing it since 2012 now. It's kinda fun, actually... and useful in various ways (I often go back and check on it :P).

As for the games you beat: solid list! I'm pretty much familiar with all the games/series to varying extents. I play some DK games (fun times), mostly the 2D ones. Tropical Freeze was great. Been playing Tales of for a long while now, but haven't played the super old ones. Did play ToX2... it was ok. I still gotta go back and do the stuff I missed out on.

F-Zero is great, Yoshi's island is solid, and FE is great of course (I thought FE12 was a significant improvement over FE11, albeit still not *amazing*).

In response to your commentary, I don't have too much to say, but...

I'm surprised you enjoyed this game as much as you did. It was okay, but I personally didn't like it too much due to some issues with the battle system, the debt system, a lot of reused stuff, and some other problems (the story had some great moments but was mostly unimpressive to me). Well anyway, I think it's good someone enjoyed it quite a bit (and I'm pretty sure others did too), thanks for sharing :)

I'm pretty sure my brother said the same thing when I showed him my backlog but worded it differently.

I pretty much just enjoyed the main story and the character stories as well as the skits in Xillia 2. I can't imagine why the debt system is an issue considering how annoying it gets as well as the other problems you mentioned as for the battle system I didn't see any issues with it despite not being a fan of real-time mechanics.

#39 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

can't imagine? or can imagine?

as for the battle system, I didn't like the weakness system/how certain types of attacks are good against certain enemies or such. it was really annoying how I couldn't use certain characters in battles well/at all or I could only use like, specific artes with specific attributes, due to the type system. and it was a lot of info to try to memorize the attributes of every freakin' attack for every character that I play as. it's like the game really wanted you to play as broken Ludger who can effectively use every type and go into a mode where he's effectively invincible and can do serious damage and combos >_> (and I don't want to be stuck playing as one broken character, I want to be able to use any character to a certain extent)

sooo yeah that was my biggest beef, if there were other issues besides the attributes/weakness thing and stuff, I can't really remember, sadly

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#40 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

Ah I see. I actually know people who have played the game and only complained about the debt system and how it got tedious and got in the way of the story but never the battle system. Well we all have our problems with some mechanics of a game and that is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users