Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Richterfaust

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Ok, this is my first sprite splice attempt. It it is a little....lacking, then don't laugh to much.

Anyway, this is what I was working from.

user posted image

And this is the end result.... I used Sain, Kent, Dosell, and Mathew

user posted image

I'll be working on more soon, but for now, I need to sleep.

*EDIT*

Ok, so I needed to put up the gallery of my items, so here is the link to my photobucket page.

http://s490.photobuc...267/gamesector/

Note that the only things that are my own work are the FE items(And one thing from Endless Online, but that was horrible and shall NEVER BE MENTIONED!!!!!) I have some pictures that I really liked in there, and a few of my banners that i created from said pictures.

The only thing of any more note is the picture of the swords...
user posted image
These are the 6 legendary swords, and I will most likely have mention of them in the various works I plan to have working when I figure out fully how to use Nightmare(Stupid ultimate Tut.....Why can't I understand your blatant obviousness?)

As an after thought, there are some pictures on lined paper, they are works that i have done in RL(Not good, but not horrible). There is one that is a resize of a book cover, and I don't claim credit on it.
The souls of the lost shall be avenged.user posted image

#2 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

Never save an image .jpeg, it ruins the quality, save it as a .png image next time. Also, once it is saved as .jpeg, the quality is going to stay the same no matter what file you change it to.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#3 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Oh, ok. I'll take that to mind.

(Total noob mistake, and pointed out. Man I feel so stupid)

#4 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Don't worry, it's a rare exception that a first time spriter doesn't make that mistake their first time. Also, the shoulderpad is FAR too big, replace it with some other shoulderpad. Also, don't move past 2 person splices for a while.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#5 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yeah that shoulder pad is defiantly too big. Try, I think it's wolt's from fe6.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

In general think a little more about proportions. Look at it and think to yourself: how big is the head compared to the body? Do the body parts fit in size and angle and shape? How long is the neck, and is it realistic?

etc.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Actually, that shoulderpad is supposed to cover part of his face. his left arm is fully armored, and comes up past his face.

user posted image

I tried to get a smaller pic, but couldn't find one.

Anyway, I finished another one. His hair looks like shit, but I can't seem to do recolor very well. (Taking a closer look, I need to fix his chin as well, but that will be done later)

user posted image

And this is what its taken from. I know that the colors are really messed up, but I tried to do so with only three people... It didn't work well.

user posted image

#8 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Don't even attempt making mugs off of non-FE characters until you've gotten good at splices.
user posted image

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#9 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Tip noted. I'll start working on some simpler splicing.

#10 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

wtf hair shading, and where is his chin?

Like Anon said, start with simpler splices. Eventually you'll do better.

#11 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

*Sighs* Well, here is the newest splice. It still looks like crap, but I'm still trying.

user posted image

I note that I messed up on the neckline. If anyone has some tips for me, just let me know.

(I do have the tutorial that sealion....I think....made for splicing, but it really only helps with multi mug splices.)

#12 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hmm not sure what all to tell you to fix but I do have a suggestion or two.

Since your still new to all of this like I am why not try taking out his hair and puting someone elses on. It may or may not be difficult but it helps along the way to getting better.

One thing that I have been told that has really helped me out. Use the main portraits for reference. Like for instance the original portrait for that armor as a reference on how to do the neck. Also don't be afraid to play around with the colors, just make sure that if you want to save it make it a new save as file.

One thing I always got confused about was recoloring. It took me a while to figure out how to do it because I was getting them mixed up.
You probably already figured it out, but it took me a bit untill i actually saw it in a youtube video that you use the lil turkey baster tool (idk it's name) and you left click on the color that you are replacing, and you use it again, but this time you right click on the color you are going to use. Then you click on the eraser tool and you hold down the right click on the mouse and it pretty much does the rest for you.
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#13 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I play rugby and run cross country. Beyond that I act and I read alot.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

His neck is defiantly too long. Also, you can see some of the shoulder (i think?) of the original mug on the left side of the armor (our pov) where it shouldn't be.

And I agree, recoloring things always gives them a more original look.

#14 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

The turkey baster is called (I think) Color picker. (Everyone knows the tool that were talking about, its the little Eye drop thing. You use it to take colors that are not on your little color pallet at the botom of the screen)

I've done some recoloring, but its still a little....Ok, a lot.....bad. You can see my recolor of the hair for Albert(Yes, this is going back a way, but that was the last recolor attempt I did, with horrid results.)

His neck/shoulder was an attempt to fill in where the head and armor didn't quite collide, and I realize it was messed up.

I'll definatly try to just change the hair for now, and see how that works for me.

Thanks for the advice guys.

#15 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Richter @ Jul 1 2011, 01:49 PM)
The turkey baster is called (I think) Color picker. (Everyone knows the tool that were talking about, its the little Eye drop thing. You use it to take colors that are not on your little color pallet at the botom of the screen)

I've done some recoloring, but its still a little....Ok, a lot.....bad. You can see my recolor of the hair for Albert(Yes, this is going back a way, but that was the last recolor attempt I did, with horrid results.)

His neck/shoulder was an attempt to fill in where the head and armor didn't quite collide, and I realize it was messed up.

I'll definatly try to just change the hair for now, and see how that works for me.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ah yeah I'm not to well versed in the aspects of paint but I know what I need to i guess. At Least for now anyways. Recoloring isn't to hard, except for the skin tones. Mainly with the armor just find the colors you want. Like for instance lets say you want to change the armor from red to blue. Well most likely the red armor will have 3 shades of red, so you will want to find blue armor, cloth, or hair that also has 3 shades but of blue.

When it comes to skin tone Changing the backround to a darker color helps me the most in seeing them. I'm not to sure on the exact number, but I think there are around 7 skin tones to work with so just look around the original mugs and it should help you find them all.
user posted image

#16 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

Ok, here is a splice attempt using Will and Rath from FE 7. I recolored EVERYTHING.....Except for Rath's little strip of cloth on his bandana, and the skin color.

user posted image

I personally think this one is much better than my prior work.

#17 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Richter @ Jul 1 2011, 03:14 PM)
Ok, here is a splice attempt using Will and Rath from FE 7. I recolored EVERYTHING.....Except for Rath's little strip of cloth on his bandana, and the skin color.

Your getting the hang of it. I'm not to experienced on critiquing work, but I noticed something.

On the left side of his chin (our POV) there is an area that I can tell is supposed to be his hair but it's just a block of the darkest shade. IMO just do some touch up work and it should be good.
user posted image

#18 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

On the left side of his chin (our POV

Pov? Oh, point of view. Sorry, that one confused me for a sec.

Yeah, his hair on the chin, over there I ment to take out compleatly, but it would have messed with the clothing if I had, so I left it in. Kinda hoped no-one would notice.

#19 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Here is my contest entry, using three characters, first attempt at over 2 since I failed at the others. It isn't great, but it isn't horrible either.

user posted image

#20 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

There are two types of FE colors, Fe7 and 8. 8 colors are darker and more better, using both FE7 and FE8 colors makes your mug look bad. In this case, the face is still in FE7 color.

QUOTE (Richter @ Jul 1 2011, 03:14 PM)

user posted image

Mugs cut off, use this sheet
http://www.majhost.c...ll_fe_mugs2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users