Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What's your series tier list?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rango

Rango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Wrestling, Traveling.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

S:

Path of Radiance

A:

Blazing Blade

A-:

Sacred Stones

Awakening

B:

Radiant Dawn

Fates

C:

Binding Blade

D:

Shadow Dragon

I recently started Genealogy of the Holy War. I'll be playing Thracia 776 and New Mystery of the Emblem after that.

KmrtG7W.png

#2 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

Sword of Seals (I will never call it that other name)

Blazing Sword

Sacred Stones

Conquest

Awakening

Shadow Dragon

And that's all I've played. GBA titles are king but the DS ones were still pretty good.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#3 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Sacred Stones
Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
Shadow Dragon
GhebFE

None of the others matter to me.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Sacred Stones

GhebFE
Blazing Sword
Path of Radiance
Shadow Dragon

None of the others matter to me.

fixed it for you

#5 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:11 AM

Hrm. I loved the ones I've played.

So let's seeeeee

Radiant Dawn
Highest number of replays,more than 40+ replays

Sacred Stones
Second Highest number of replays (Around 20+)

Awakening
Stupidly high replay value for me (900+ hours spent playing)

Path of Radiance
Only about 5 playthroughs

Blazing Sword
Kind of cheating, since I've only played vanilla like twice, but I've played like a million reskin playthroughs

Gaiden
Enjoyable for the most part. Old interface has aged.

Conquest
Very interesting story premise that could've had better execution. I enjoyed it.

Tharcia
I need to replay this one. Story, surprisingly, didn't blow me away when I initially played it.

Holy War
GIANT MAPS

Mystery of the Emblem
I imported it and was enjoying it until my copy got stolen

Sword of Seals
Roy is GARBAGE.

Shadow Dragon
Characters were pretty bland
I liked the mechanics
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#6 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

This is going to be pretty biased and personal, but here goes:

S:

Path of Radiance. While I can't say I've replayed it the most or even played it the longest out of any game, I find myself always going back to it in my head for "man if only this FE game did its mechanic like this". It's a solid game with great music and story, making it likely my favorite in the series.

A:

Sacred Stones. Definitely the one I've played the most. There was even a time I was playing it so much I fell asleep while playing only to wake up and see I was in the middle of a chapter with Colm opening a chest. At the time, it had all of my favorite mechanics of the FE series. Split class promotion, the trainees, even the towers and the skirmishes. I also love the story and the music of course. Lyon's Battle Theme is top tier material.

Awakening: Definitely a game I'll go back to at some point. Lot's of fun mechanics (and yeah okay a lot of the ones I love just happen to be shared with FE8) and fun characters.

Blazing Sword: I've had more time hacking this game than playing the game itself. I've never beaten it since the first time I did, but I really should at some point. There's a lot I like about it, gameplay, music, animations, etc. are all great and as it was the first FE game in the west, it seems to act as a testing ground for any new FE games. Just a solid game. 

B:

Shadow Dragon: A pretty cut and dry FE game. I know it's a remake of FE1, but it seems like (aside from making graphics better and making gameplay much smoother of course) it didn't try too hard to make it anything but and FE1 remake. Good music and fun multiplayer, but really not anything amazingly impressive.

Heroes of Light and Shadow: Had a lot of the same problems Shadow Dragon did. Really felt a lot like "Shadow Dragon BUT HEY YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN CHARACTER".

Fates (Birthright): I don't hate this game as much as others do, but I won't say I love the writing and certain mechanics that wedge themselves in. Some of the new mechanics, characters, etc were nice and while I can't say I plan to replay it, I'm happy with the fact that I played it the one time I did. 

Ones not on this list and why:

FEHeroes: I love it and will likely be playing it for a long time to come, but comparing it to main series FE games would be pretty unfair. 

FE4: While I did beat this, it was so long ago and in an only half-English patch that I don't remember a lick of it. I can't tell you what the plot was outside of what my brain could gather from actions. All I'd really be able to tell you about it is stuff that others can say just by looking at the game. I need to replay this one.

Binding Blade, Radiant Dawn, 1-3, and Conquest + Revelation: Haven't played these/Beaten them. If I did play them, it was only the first few chapters and cannot tell you how I see the game as a whole. 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#7 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

Sword of Seals
Roy is GARBAGE.

YOU WANNA GO BRO!?!
Still points for calling it the correct name.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#8 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

-- Top --

Path of Radiance - Graphically beautiful, introduced weapon crafting and brought back skills in a big way.  Ike was generic as all hell and the secondary characters weren't great but a nice game from a mechanics point of view.  A standout for the franchise.

Blazing Sword - A game which breaks down a little at the mechanical level (long story short, smash things with Hector, Marcus, and Raven.  You'll be fine).  But nostalgia and reasonable balance set it quite high.  Some clever writing in certain supports (Ex - Kent/Fiora which takes on a whole new light in not-so-innocent minds) keeps it from getting boring.

-- Medium-High --

Sword of Seals - A cool jump to the GBA but you can tell that IS was just getting its feet wet with the numbers.  Game balance is all over, Roy is not the greatest protagonist, and the side characters help...none at all.  Still though, props for all the gains it had in a single place. 

Holy War - In many ways, it feels like an XCOM game when I want to play Rebelstar.  Lots of formation crawling, micromanaging of gates, and reading the key events to ensure that I haven't screwed myself later.  A fun experience but still one which isn't akin to the traditional pace of FE.

-- Medium --

Awakening - I've said my piece on the characters and the story enough for people to know that I'm not a fan of either.  But it brought back FE in a huge way and introduced some aspects of this game are quite interesting still.  A muddled success, but a success nonetheless. 

Sacred Stones - (Gets killed).  Hear me out.  I really struggled between medium and medium-low for Sacred Stones.  No difficulty, quite a few non-interesting characters, and balance was horrendous.  None of the above really help the game along, even if you play on the hardest difficulties.  A couple interesting characters keep in from being completely wasted on me but it's not a great place to be.

-- Medium-Low --

Radiant Dawn - It's cool they tried to go back to the PoR world, but the mix of a protagonist which is a mixed success at best as well as Ike conducting a hostile story takeover makes it a bit odd.  Third tiers were cool but only served to exaggerate the problems the mechanics already have.  And the loss of many support characterization really hurt the characters you didn't already know.

-- Low --

Shadow Dragon - Snarky names for generic characters aside, not much to say.  Counterintuitive gameplay prevents a smart tactician from getting gaiden chapters and stats are still messed up all over the board.

-- N/A --

Mystery of the Emblem
Gaiden

Fates

Tharcia

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#9 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

I am offended by the lack of Fates being in last place in this topic.

DISCLAIMER: This list is purely ordered by the amount of fun I had playing them, not necessarily for graphical/audio quality and story quality.

A:
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Fire Emblem Awakening

B:

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

C:

FE7

FE6

Path of Radiance

D:

Radiant Dawn (never actually played this, but couldn't be bothered to, either, so it gets put here anyway.)

FE Shadow Dragon (DS)

E:

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest / Birthright

F:

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

IUfb9Eg.png

#10 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

Top:

Blazing Sword

Path of Radiance

High:

Sword of Seals

Awakening

Genealogy of the Holy War

Mid:

Thracia 776

Sacred Stones

New Mystery of the Emblem

Low:

Radiant Dawn

Shadow Dragon

Bottom:

Fates (Conquest)

The others I haven't played recently/played at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users