Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Misc Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Prior

Prior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

I'm playing Awakening right now and have encountered the same frustrations I felt in previous games.  What are the differences between normal and hard mode?  Is it just more reinforcements, or are enemies leveled up higher?  Also is there some sort of hack, for any of the FE roms, to get rid of reinforcements?

Also is there a way to hack any of the game roms to be able to progress past level 20?  And speaking of leveling up if I choose to use the master seal on a level 20 character, instead of lets say a level 8 character, will the amount my stats increase be the same?  I'm just trying to see if waiting later to use the master seal will allow me to maximize character stats later on in the game.

PS:  The level 20 limit, particularly on hard mode, is such an AWFUL concept.  I don't understand the point at all.  If I want to focus on making a few characters really powerful why shouldn't I be able to do so.

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

waiting til 20 to promote is always a good idea. if you use it at level 10(the earliest promotion possible) you're missing out on 10 levels of stat gains. the level 20 limit is there to prevent every character from maxing all stats, however awakening breaks this with the way reclassing works. you can definitely hack the games to remove that limit, and i believe there may be a way to do so in awakening as well, but you would need to hack your 3ds to be able to run such a hack. for the gba/snes/wii/gcn games you should be able to run the games on an emulator assuming you have something capable of doing so. i personally have never seen any romhack that specifically removes reinforcements, and i'm not sure anyone would make something like that as it would lower the difficulty by a massive amount. i wouldn't play something like that tbh. the difference between normal and hard mode is usually enemy stats. in awakening's late game this is pretty negligible because you can max out every character as long as you're willing to put the time in.

And now that i've answered all of your questions: it's good forum etiquette to introduce yourself on the new members board before just asking questions. in fact some forums include that in the rules(i don't think this particular forum does, but either way it's just good manners).

#3 Prior

Prior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

waiting til 20 to promote is always a good idea. if you use it at level 10(the earliest promotion possible) you're missing out on 10 levels of stat gains. the level 20 limit is there to prevent every character from maxing all stats, however awakening breaks this with the way reclassing works. you can definitely hack the games to remove that limit, and i believe there may be a way to do so in awakening as well, but you would need to hack your 3ds to be able to run such a hack. for the gba/snes/wii/gcn games you should be able to run the games on an emulator assuming you have something capable of doing so. i personally have never seen any romhack that specifically removes reinforcements, and i'm not sure anyone would make something like that as it would lower the difficulty by a massive amount. i wouldn't play something like that tbh. the difference between normal and hard mode is usually enemy stats. in awakening's late game this is pretty negligible because you can max out every character as long as you're willing to put the time in.

And now that i've answered all of your questions: it's good forum etiquette to introduce yourself on the new members board before just asking questions. in fact some forums include that in the rules(i don't think this particular forum does, but either way it's just good manners).

So the amount of reinforcements on hard mode is the same as on easy? And I have a gateway card for my 3ds. What hacks are available for the two 3ds games. Also I use emulators for the gba and ds games.

PS: sorry about not starting an Intro thread first. I've been part of a fair amount of forums and never knew that was proper conduct.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:20 AM

To my knowledge there are no hacks for fates and awakening that change anything in terms of difficulty in any way, reinforcements included. the only ones that i have seen are same sex marriage mods. you might want to check around gbatemp as there are some utilities made for awakening. you could potentially just make such a hack yourself.

as a side note i would suggest moving away from gateway, there are better alternatives now that are easier to work with.

#5 Prior

Prior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

To my knowledge there are no hacks for fates and awakening that change anything in terms of difficulty in any way, reinforcements included. the only ones that i have seen are same sex marriage mods. you might want to check around gbatemp as there are some utilities made for awakening. you could potentially just make such a hack yourself.

as a side note i would suggest moving away from gateway, there are better alternatives now that are easier to work with.

So if I were to shift away from hard back to normal I would see the same amount of reinforcements (just at easier levels)?  Also I'm very content with gateway.  What are the advantages to a different modding method?

And while reinforcements on bases aren't too bad, since they can be blocked with your own troops, reinforcements via sky troops are impossible to block (and therefore it seems there's less strategy involved, just a random attempt to make things more difficult for the user).

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

I'll not be discussing 3ds hacking methods anymore here, you'll have to go to a dedicated website.

The reinforcements are there to increase difficulty, but like I said these games would be a joke without them. Even on hard mode your characters easily outclass enemies by several degrees. You're asking for something that nobody is going to want which is why I suggested you learn how to do it yourself. Personally I just can't be bothered to put the effort into something that I'll never use.

#7 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

Reinforcements are actually less pressure on your team in contrast to if they were to say, all be on the map at the same time. I mean they usually won't attack on the same turn they appear so you essentially have time to clear out immediate threats before the next one gets a turn at you. The exception I suppose would be reinforcements that show up when you step on a tile that triggers their appearance (as opposed to them just showing up by time) because that requires memorization (or luck) to avoid an actual ambush with all the consequences that entails.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

Why would you want to hack Awakening to not have the level 20 limit? Awakening has the awesome ability to have INFINITE level ups thanks to second seals and master seals? Both of which reset the unit's level to 1!

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users