Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Any idea for a hack?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PedroLight

PedroLight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

Well, i want to make a hack ROM for FE 8, but i dunno where to start or what to do.

Any idea? I'll try to make it using nightmare. 

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

With just nightmare you'll be fairly limited. If you want to get started I would highly suggest looking at the "ultimate tutorial"(Google FE ultimate tutorial) that our good admin blazer wrote up.

#3 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:53 PM

What zac said, also, I'd suggest practicing on FE7, because it's simpler and has a lot more resources.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, if you've got limited interest in coding, I'd suggest sticking to a small scale product.  Nightmare's limitations are unit placement and the like.

I'd suggest trying something like a self-insert or a rebalance to get used to the program first.  Rebalances and unit change mods help out quite a bit in learning how Nightmare works and lets you understand the FE system a bit better (as this will let you gain some intuitive understanding of the key statistics in the game).  A first trail might be to do something like create a new series of weapons (ex - a series of Pike weapon (Iron, Steel, Silver Pike) for the Spear weapons which have improved mounted damage.  Then play a bit to see if what you did fits into the base FE game.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:30 AM

I like making magic weapons and making legendary weapons unbreakable. Editing shops to get some of the unused or almost-unused weapons is a fun thing to do as well.

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

I like making magic weapons and making legendary weapons unbreakable. Editing shops to get some of the unused or almost-unused weapons is a fun thing to do as well.

I like actually being able to use legendary weapons too, but unbreakable might be a wee bit OP, hahaha

magic weapons are pretty rad tho and were a classic like "oh man that's cool!" kinda thing early on in hacking

With just nightmare you'll be fairly limited. If you want to get started I would highly suggest looking at the "ultimate tutorial"(Google FE ultimate tutorial) that our good admin blazer wrote up.

warning: it's outdated, and mostly applies to FE7, cuz FE7 is easier and what most people hack and the only game I am (or was) super familiar with. some of it applies to FE6/FE8, sure, but you'll be figuring out a lot of things on your own if you choose to hack either of those games...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

I like actually being able to use legendary weapons too, but unbreakable might be a wee bit OP, hahaha

Probably, but I don't really care, tbh. By the time you get all the legendary weapons, anyway, it's the next-to-final-chapter and after that is Creature Campaign, and I could care less about being OP in creature campaign. :P It's not like there's a ton of legendary weapons that everyone can use, anyway. Sieglinde and Siegmund are Eirika and Ephraim exclusive, and there's only one of each of the other types of weapons.

That being said, I do reduce the Might of said weapons in an attempt to compensate.

IUfb9Eg.png

#8 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

Yea, I would start with FE7. I have a little experience in hacking and when I started I was told the same thing. Something about there not being enough resources prepared for FE8.

I like actually being able to use legendary weapons too, but unbreakable might be a wee bit OP

I'd agree; it is characteristic of the fire emblem series to have both their characters and weapons presented in a finite way. They wear down and if they die or break, that's it. Kind of makes them more precious. You could always create a duplicate item marker for the legendary weapon and make that one unbreakable for the creature campaign.
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#9 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

Yea, I would start with FE7. I have a little experience in hacking and when I started I was told the same thing. Something about there not being enough resources prepared for FE8.

I'd agree; it is characteristic of the fire emblem series to have both their characters and weapons presented in a finite way. They wear down and if they die or break, that's it. Kind of makes them more precious. You could always create a duplicate item marker for the legendary weapon and make that one unbreakable for the creature campaign.

My logic for unbreakable legendary weapons is that they're legendary. Any normal weapon would have rusted out YEEEEEEEEEARS ago, whether it was used or not.

IUfb9Eg.png

#10 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

My logic for unbreakable legendary weapons is that they're legendary. Any normal weapon would have rusted out YEEEEEEEEEARS ago, whether it was used or not.

Actually, there are fairly old antiques of weapons and armors from fairly far back that are in excellent condition because of their storage, maintenance(sometimes) and lack of use. The ones that look utterly destroyed from rust tend to be because they were found in particularly terrible conditions, like iron in the river.

But yeah I consider breakable legendaries pretty stupid too. Especially since their uses usually aren't actually that high either when they can be broken.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

Actually, there are fairly old antiques of weapons and armors from fairly far back that are in excellent condition because of their storage, maintenance(sometimes) and lack of use. The ones that look utterly destroyed from rust tend to be because they were found in particularly terrible conditions, like iron in the river.

But yeah I consider breakable legendaries pretty stupid too. Especially since their uses usually aren't actually that high either when they can be broken.

you both make good points, haha. I think a fair solution is for them to just have a lot of uses, but having played RD I don't really mind some being unbreakable too. Just need to consider game balance and such.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

Just need to consider game balance and such.

Which is why I reduce their might. May also mess with accuracy, weight or whatever, but mostly I just reduce their might. Although, post-game in FE8, might doesn't matter cuz you're hitting EVERYTHING super-effectively, anyway.

IUfb9Eg.png

#13 TheAngelofDeathJaffar

TheAngelofDeathJaffar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Yeah I would make sense if they made legendary weapons unlimited but they have to be use by certain characters. The main ones. Like they did in FE7 that would be a smart idea

"When you feel your time has come,

Then I shall rewind time,

When you feel alone,

I'll be there to wipe away the fears,

You can't see me, but I am there." "Jiraiya"

#14 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Yeah I would make sense if they made legendary weapons unlimited but they have to be use by certain characters. The main ones. Like they did in FE7 that would be a smart idea

FE7 had this horrible problem where using anything but iron weapons was a severe risk. I never actually USED the S-rank weapons in FE7 due to potential deaths. <_<

IUfb9Eg.png

#15 TheAngelofDeathJaffar

TheAngelofDeathJaffar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

True. Some critical were ridiculously. Vaida with her Godly spear was also annoying.

"When you feel your time has come,

Then I shall rewind time,

When you feel alone,

I'll be there to wipe away the fears,

You can't see me, but I am there." "Jiraiya"

#16 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

True. Some critical were ridiculously. Vaida with her Godly spear was also annoying.

True, but it's not liked the game ever told you to attack Vaida.  She was happy sitting on her corner all alone.

Plus, glitching the game meant YOU could have it all for yourself.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:53 AM

True, but it's not liked the game ever told you to attack Vaida.  She was happy sitting on her corner all alone.

Plus, glitching the game meant YOU could have it all for yourself.

yeah stupid uber spear is op, i might have gotten it for myself once but i'm not an LTCer or anything so i generally don't like to do such things, they're kinda cheap to say the least =P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

yeah stupid uber spear is op, i might have gotten it for myself once but i'm not an LTCer or anything so i generally don't like to do such things, they're kinda cheap to say the least =P

what is LTCer? Never saw that acronym before.

I never got said spear... Is there some sort of mine glitch that makes you able to do it?

IUfb9Eg.png

#19 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

what is LTCer? Never saw that acronym before.

I never got said spear... Is there some sort of mine glitch that makes you able to do it?

It refers to the people who emphasize a low turn count for each playthrough to prove their strategic superiority.

Yes, you get it through the mine glitch, which is basically the same thing as the enemy control glitch in FE8 only you trigger it differently. (I found the latter more useful back when I was playing FE8 on my GBASP because there's no other way you're getting Myrrh to not run out of Dragonstone uses and thus becoming totally useless just leveling up.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

It refers to the people who emphasize a low turn count for each playthrough to prove their strategic superiority.

Oh...

.... I never understood those people, and how they do it. I'm one of those who takes my time. <<;

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users