Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

General discussion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

So I just noticed it was available on the eshop, and my first words were "yup". Didn't even think about it, just hit purchase. I've only played through the prologue so far, but it's super fun imo. I'm not totally certain I like the weakness system as much as regular smt/persona's version, but the battles are still really good. They kept the Japanese voice acting for the Western release, so that's a thing. Not sure whether to say it's positive or not, but it's definitely a thing. Solid soundtrack, graphically speaking the game is good. Characters are really nice looking. Chrom especially looks really cool.

Also they translated sheeda as caeda, but the actor still said sheeda...

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

So I just noticed it was available on the eshop, and my first words were "yup". Didn't even think about it, just hit purchase. I've only played through the prologue so far, but it's super fun imo. I'm not totally certain I like the weakness system as much as regular smt/persona's version, but the battles are still really good. They kept the Japanese voice acting for the Western release, so that's a thing. Not sure whether to say it's positive or not, but it's definitely a thing. Solid soundtrack, graphically speaking the game is good. Characters are really nice looking. Chrom especially looks really cool.

Also they translated sheeda as caeda, but the actor still said sheeda...

At least for me, the weakness system becomes even more awesome later. It works notably different from the other ones and I just find it super rewarding and exciting and that it connects with other parts of the game better than say, the press turn system. (just my opinion though, we'll see what you think of it~)

surprised you didn't hear about it being dub only, but yeah. they did it for various reasons. save money, game is niche, singing stuff means it's super hard to find people to sing all the songs/be fitting, don't want inconsistent VAs, etc.

I really REALLY like the art, and how colorful the game is. It's no AAA with the graphics or models, but the animations are fairly fluid IMO and overall I enjoyed it plenty. There are a lot of awesome songs in the soundtrack IMO, some of which you don't get to hear much, so tell me what you think as it goes on! I liked it though!

On Sheeda, tbf I think Caeda is pronounced similarly to Sheeda anyway, but yeah, it's still weird. bet whoever decided on that weird spelling never thought TMS#FE would exist and have Sheeda in it, lol... (still "Sheeda" to my regardless of FE11 and the like XP)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:07 AM

i can see the potential in the weakness system already, but i've gotten so used to the press turn thing in smt/persona games that it'll take a minute to adjust and remember that i don't get extra attacks. i really think i'm going to enjoy it. i'm seeing loads of potential just from the prologue. just hoping it lives up to half of what i'm seeing in my head XD.

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

So I typed up a pretty lengthy post, but then my browser crashed and I lost it all fuuuuuuck. Quick summary:

Battle system is super fun, progression is nice to keep it fresh.

Characters are fun, tropey but not too tropey like some FE chars and JRPGs can be

Dungeons are fun (barring Illusory 106), not randomly generated makes for some fun puzzles. Last two dungeons are probably the best since they don't use the darker colors like the dungeons before it lol. 

The performances look great and the songs are super nice to listen too. This game made me a fan of Minase Inori.

Colors are great, too much grim dark these days. 

Load times can be long, and the framerate can get annoying in encounters with many large enemies (I have disc version). PS fuck chapter 5 for having an encounter where the game shits itself.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

So I typed up a pretty lengthy post, but then my browser crashed and I lost it all fuuuuuuck. Quick summary:

Battle system is super fun, progression is nice to keep it fresh.

Characters are fun, tropey but not too tropey like some FE chars and JRPGs can be

Dungeons are fun (barring Illusory 106), not randomly generated makes for some fun puzzles. Last two dungeons are probably the best since they don't use the darker colors like the dungeons before it lol. 

The performances look great and the songs are super nice to listen too. This game made me a fan of Minase Inori.

Colors are great, too much grim dark these days. 

Load times can be long, and the framerate can get annoying in encounters with many large enemies (I have disc version). PS fuck chapter 5 for having an encounter where the game shits itself.

rip disc version users, I'll have to suffer through it myself soon enough

agree on most of hte other parts though Kiria is my fave though, but Tsubasa is close to your age and Kiria is close to mine so it's only natural *shot*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users