Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones: 5-Char Challenge

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

This has probably been done before if it was, it was because I mentioned it AAAAGES ago, back when FE8 was new but anyway, here we go!

This challenge is inspired by Ephraim's end-game statement:

Ephraim:
“And another thing… In that ancient battle, it took the might of the five heroes to do what we did. We did not have their extraordinary power to draw upon.”

So obviously, the goal is to only use 5 characters in order to prove Ephraim's statement wrong, and then have him say the statement anyway cuz the devs didn't (or couldn't?) think of everything.

THE CHOSEN HEROES
Ephraim (Lances*)
Seth -> (Swords, Lances*)
Ross -> Fighter -> Warrior (Axes*, Bows)
Joshua -> Assassin (Swords*, for using lockpick)
Artur -> Sage (Light*, Anima, Staves)

* = S rank. I tried to make a lineup that covers as many of the ancient weapons as possible...

Edited the lineup to include Joshua for lockpicking reasons.

Utility Characters
Eirika (Forced unit for first 7 chapters)
Vanessa (For rescuing in ch2, distracting the spider in chapter 6)
Any character which recruits another character

RULES!

1: Only the five chosen characters may participate in combat.
2: All other units must have their weapons stripped off of them to prevent accidental attacking
3: The prologue and possibly chapter 5x are exempt to the above rules for obvious reasons.
4: Eirika may see battle for the first 8 chapters, but after that, must not be used. Not even in the final chapter, despite being forced in that one.
5: Utility characters may be used, but they are not allowed to actually attack.
6: Nobody may die.
7: The Tower of Valni may be used to increase levels ONLY before promotion.

So obviously, in the end this isn't going to TRULY be a five-character run, but whatever. Technicalities aside, the goal here is to win 90% of the game with only five characters.

I already have several videos up; I'm linking to the playlist for convenience. I'll actually be voice commenting on this.

https://www.youtube....CUpcnx9pyQLi22e

Edited by Blue Leafeon, 07 May 2016 - 01:24 PM.

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hard Mode! Hard Mode!

This should be fun to watch, I did something similar to this, but with a different selection of units.

#3 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hard Mode! Hard Mode!

This should be fun to watch, I did something similar to this, but with a different selection of units.

Oh? That's interesting. Which units?

And now for the next part!

Spoiler

IUfb9Eg.png

#4 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

I used Eirika, Ephraim, Neimi, Garcia, and Natasha. I'm a maso so I also did this on hard.

I included both lords in mine so I could truly only use five units

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

You should change it from being a nobody dies thing to an ironman. 5 manning will just steamroll the later game. I think this would make this much more tense and entertaining.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#6 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

To be fair, I think you could pick virtually any type of playthrough and steamroll the back half of the GBA FE games.  It's just the way they're built without mods.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

You should change it from being a nobody dies thing to an ironman. 5 manning will just steamroll the later game. I think this would make this much more tense and entertaining.

What is an ironman? I've heard of it, but never saw what it was in terms to FE gameplay.

And now for chapter 3:

Spoiler

IUfb9Eg.png

#8 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

Ironman runs are when you don't reset on character death. Essentially classic mode but where people play it like it's supposed to be played. It's kind of sad we have to make a distinction for classic mode being played as intended.

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:01 AM

ironman fe runs are fun. but i'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to FE so i don't do them very often. very stressful. 

5 man run could be fun though. i think you should have taken seth though as he's just as good as franz at end game usually, and can solo the first half of the game no problem. do you plan to abuse the arena on chapter 5 at all? also why no berserker ross? haven't you seen the power of those crits?

Edit: and the god tier crit animation?

#10 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:38 AM

>seth on a challenge run

Seth can easily solo Hard Mode. Why use him on a normal five man run?

#11 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

Ironman runs are when you don't reset on character death. Essentially classic mode but where people play it like it's supposed to be played. It's kind of sad we have to make a distinction for classic mode being played as intended.

Ah, I see. ...I don't foresee me ever doing one of those. I don't even like nuzlockes for that reason.

ironman fe runs are fun. but i'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to FE so i don't do them very often. very stressful. 

5 man run could be fun though. i think you should have taken seth though as he's just as good as franz at end game usually, and can solo the first half of the game no problem. do you plan to abuse the arena on chapter 5 at all? also why no berserker ross? haven't you seen the power of those crits?

Edit: and the god tier crit animation?

Yeah, perfectionism keeps me from letting characters die, too. Except in FE Shadow Dragon. It's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE in that game. *GLARES AT GHARNEF*

I tend to not use Seth because Jagen character.

I do not intend to use any kind of arena abuse--or even tower abuse for that matter. I don't really see any need for it, TBH, since somebody else said that you can pretty much use any team and sweep the game with 'em. If I DO decide to do any kind of abusing, it will be after chapter 8 with the first level of Valni, and only until my units get to level 15 so that I can promote them. (I have a personal rule that no promotion may occur until the unit is at LEAST 15; this does not apply to healers, but I'm not using those.)

If I was going to go for the crit bonus, I would use Super Journeyman because IMO, promoted Ross is REEEEEEALLY awkward when you consider the fact that he's a little kid. (Okay, so he's probably about 14-ish, but still.) I wanted Ross to be able to use bows.

...Although berserkers can cross water and mountain tiles, can't they? HMMMM...

>seth on a challenge run

Seth can easily solo Hard Mode. Why use him on a normal five man run?

lol. If only the game would allow you to solo with him on Hard Mode. What would you do in the Rausten chapter? Rescue Mansel? ...That's a good idea, actually. I better keep that in mind.

The only problems I foresee me having is with Defend/Survive chapters such as Rausten castle and Bethoen or however it's spelled. Possibly the boat chapter too because that one like to spam you like mad with enemies, and you have to make it to L'Arachel and Dozla before they get themselves killed.

AND NOW FOR CHAPTER 4. I'm so glad this topic is getting attention. On the other forum it's being overshadowed by the more hardcoar players.

Spoiler
Spoiler

IUfb9Eg.png

#12 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

If you kill Riev, the chapter ends. Seth by that point can just run down and murder Riev.

#13 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

I tend to not use Seth because Jagen character.

To be fair, Seth is also the most broken Jaegen ever.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#14 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

Seth is a broken Jeigan character? He's not even on the spectrum! He is his own archetype, the Seth.

#15 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

Seth is a broken Jeigan character? He's not even on the spectrum! He is his own archetype, the Seth.

lol.

Something my friend said about Chapter 4:

I can imagine Eirika sipping tea or something while watching the fighting.

I almost want somebody to doodle this now.

In other news: Maybe I should save and make a compilation of all the times my units die in this 5-char run. Because I've had to restart chapter 5 twice already. Darn it you, Artur! This wouldn't be happening if you had a defense level up. T_T

IUfb9Eg.png

#16 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

I have actually restarted this and am going to do a completely voice-commented LP, now that I have the power to do so.

Sadly, if you're the kind of person who prefers an LP'er that is as obnoxious as can possibly be, my LP's are not for you. I am much more of a deadpan snarker. This is also my first voice-commented LP so I start off a bit uncomfortable and awkward but get better towards the middle part of the first video.

I also amended my list of characters to include Seth instead of Franz, as per some of your comments.

The playlist:

https://www.youtube....CUpcnx9pyQLi22e

Unfortunately, I do not have much time to actually make these videos. I live with my grandma whose phone is always ringing, always getting texts and when she's awake, she tends to talk just to hear herself talk. lol. (Your typical chatty old person.) I have to wait until she's gone somewhere to make these videos so that interruptions are not a thing.

I am so sorry it is hard to hear me. My mic seems GREAT at picking up that nonexistent background noise (seriously, there's NOTHING but the comp running in the room) and horrible at picking up my voice. T_T

IUfb9Eg.png

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:48 AM

hmm, that's super weird. can't do much except suggest you play with your settings as much as possible and if that doesn't work, find a cheap mic online for like < $20. XD

I don't like obnoxious LPs, but then again I don't really like LPers in general since I generally don't find their commentary to be of any value. it's almost always like this... I only like commentary on like, competitive games/PvP and the such, if that (and only if they're good), I find solo commentary terribly boring and duo commentary only works if it's a good dynamic/quality commentary AND the content is somewhat interesting, so bleh. basically I'm too picky/LPs aren't my thing (even though I ironically do them myself sometimes--hey, I don't know why people watch them but they do, so...) so yeah, I honestly won't be watching yours, but good luck

(and it stinks about the sound thing, I kinda know that deal, it's hard to find a time and place to just be in peace and record, regardless of what it is. I used to be interrupted very often and while I don't want to complain about it--it is what it is, it just made things like LPs or streaming very difficult, and to some extent still does a bit)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

hmm, that's super weird. can't do much except suggest you play with your settings as much as possible and if that doesn't work, find a cheap mic online for like < $20. XD

I finally did figure out that there's a volume slider for the mic, and it actually had nothing to do with my audio drivers (despite said drivers having a volume for microphones) Unfortunately that was around chapter 3. I would go back and restart but I don't want to lose all the decent level ups I've had thus far.

I don't like obnoxious LPs, but then again I don't really like LPers in general since I generally don't find their commentary to be of any value. it's almost always like this... I only like commentary on like, competitive games/PvP and the such, if that (and only if they're good), I find solo commentary terribly boring and duo commentary only works if it's a good dynamic/quality commentary AND the content is somewhat interesting, so bleh. basically I'm too picky/LPs aren't my thing (even though I ironically do them myself sometimes--hey, I don't know why people watch them but they do, so...) so yeah, I honestly won't be watching yours, but good luck

To be honest, I don't really like commentary either. Unless I'm specifically watching a walkthrough because I need help with something. I really prefer being able to completely and totally hear the game. It's why if I'm looking into getting a game, I specifically search for people who did NOT comment on it. That's why I went so long only annotating my videos as a variant of commentary. The problem with that is, it is EXTREMELY TEDIOUS to do. (in fact, I need to go back and finish captioning myself on Chapter 2. My mic volume completely DIED for that chapter and even I can hardly hear myself.)

My friends seem to enjoy my deadpan snarking, at least. Although I feel like I'm becoming a little less deadpan as time goes on.

IUfb9Eg.png

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

ahh that's reasonable. I hate restarting and losing work myself so I don't blame you either.

yeah, manual annotations are super tedious, i getcha. it's easier to do both at the same time by just recording your voice. and hey, you can become whatever kind of LPer you want in the end, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

Had to let youtube crop the video because the video editor I used sucked. Unfortunately, that killed the visual quality in the process. T_T

You STILL can't hear me in this, asdf. I've turned up my mic volume but I haven't done any new recordings since then.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users