Sooo they're finally done! The old thread that Tino made ages ago has them. Thank you Tino for being awesome even in the year 2015.
Here is the tl;dr for long-time members or people who just don't want to read it.
Note that this is for CONVENIENCE only and you are still obliged to follow the rules as listed in the topic linked to above (which you can find pinned in the Site Discussion forum, FYI). At the very least though, you should be familiar with these basic, dumbed-down versions of the rules:
- Don't double-post
- Don't spam
- Don't make pointless posts (e.g. one-word posts)
- Don't make multiple accounts
- Don't share stuff you shouldn't be sharing
- Don't discuss/share illegal stuff
- Don't share personal info or try to get personal info out of others
- Try to speak decent English
- Make quality posts/communicate reasonably well
- Respect others and try not to start drama
- Don't post potentially offensive material especially without a fair warning (general forum content should be rated no higher than about "T" for "Teen"—assume we have a younger audience on the forum, because we do)
- Signature images limited to two: max for one is 500x300, max for entire signature is 400 pixels tall; if we think it's too big/annoying we might tell you to change it regardless and it's up to moderator's discretion.
- Staff is boss. If you don't wanna listen, there will be consequences. The members should cooperate to make the forum awesome and the forum is in turn for the members. You don't actually have freedom of speech here: being a part of the forums is a privilege and we can remove you if we feel like you misuse that privilege, but we want you to stay and be a good member, because it's more fun that way.
- We need your help, but not by mini-modding or telling the staff what to do. You do those, and you're breaking the rules yourself.
- These guidelines aren't all-inclusive. Of course they aren't. You didn't even read the full version. Well, probably. I guess double-props if you read the long-version AND the tl;dr. But tl;dr is short for "too long; didn't read" for a reason. Anyhow, everything is ultimately up to the staff discretion, so don't whine if you get caught by something that isn't here or you or someone else doesn't get the "standard" treatment for breaking the rules or something. We're generally pretty flexible and as long as you try to cooperate there shouldn't be any problems.
- Any questions? Not sure about anything? Ask! Site Discussion forum is fine. PM a staff member that isn't Blazer! (Don't PM Blazer as he dislikes being PM'd and gets too many messages as-is). He might ban you for that. Blazer can be pretty petty when he wants to be.
You can see that there are actually quite a few rules that are meant to make this a quality/enjoyable and relatively stress-free experience for everyone. As long as you don't break the obvious rules (e.g. making two accounts) and try not to break the ones that aren't as clear-cut (e.g. posting offensive material), you should be fine. Just know that we'll expect you to cooperate if we find something isn't so cool and only when you don't does it turn into actual warning drama (which contrary to what people might believe, I don't enjoy doing--it is time-consuming work and I don't enjoy moderating, I just enjoy posting). That's all.