Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem: Sacred Contention

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Most people think FE8 mode is easier than FE7 mode (thus making FE7 mode harder than FE8 mode).

Nergal uses the stats from when he was a boss, IIRC. Almost everyone else uses their average stats for level 20/20, except for bosses, who I autoleveled depending on their boss stats (for example, if a boss had high strength in the original game, they'd have high strength as a level 20/20 character in this game).

Anyhow the game isn't perfectly balanced, and it also depends on how well you play in general too, depending on your strategy the whole game could be really hard or really easy (like if you abuse staves, the game can be quite easy XP).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#142 Ryoji

Ryoji

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Well I never really liked horseback riders, and FE8 is full of them XD but as far as the rest of their stats and such, they're pretty good. Its just weird like it seems like Duessal and alot of FE8 characters would be just about raped going against dart with his maxed str and spd XD because alot of them are raped as far as speed goes vs. FE7. I found FE7 WAY easier. But yeah I guess it may just be how I play..

#143 SlipperySereph

SlipperySereph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

For me, the FE8 side is easier to use. And as Blazer said, therefore the FE7 side is harder than the FE8. But both are very playable and not that difficult, although I seem to get RNG screwed a lot more. tongue.gif

#144 Kairu-kyun

Kairu-kyun

Order of the Void

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Some things that I thought would be good improvements were for bosses to have supports. Like, since Carlyle loved Ismaire, he should have at least a C with her. And Hayden is Innes' and Tana's father, correct? Shouldn't he have some with them, too? Or maybe this is because of the 5 support limit...?

#145 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

I thought Hayden did. As for Ismaire/Carlyle, probably just forgot. There are a LOT of supports and we spend who knows how many hours figuring it all out but we couldn't get them all in the end, sorry.

and contrary to what people think, I did NOT hack the RNG in this game

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#146 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Bump just for the hell of it

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#147 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Guys, a lot of characters are still missing. If you could add them, It would be much better. The missing characters from the game are here:

FE7:
Glass, Heintz, Beyard, Yogi, Lundgren, Eagler, Zagan, Boies, Puzon, Erik, Bauker, Bermard, Fargus, Damian, Zoldam, Uhai, Aion, Cameron, Darin, Oleg, Eubans, Paul, Jasmine, Kenneth, Jerme, Ursula, Maxime, Georg, Denning, Sealen, Teodor, Pascal, Ephidel, Murdock, Leila, Jan, Roland, Durbans, Bramimond, Hannah, Fargus, Jake.

FE8:
Tirado, Pablo, O'Neill, Breguet, Bone, Bazba, Saar, Zonta, Novala, Murray, Beran, Aias.

Well, if you can't balance all their numbers and strength, remove some of them, just please add the MORPHS or the Legendary Heroes!! They're pretty cool! I'm sure you can figure it out on how to put them in the game. Oh, too many Paladins in FE8, too. How 'bout changing some of the Paladins into Great Knight? After all, there's only one Great Knight there which is Duessel. Change the BATTLEFIELD, too. Bridges are way to narrow. Hard to move. And most of the part of the current map is unaccessible to most units, because of all those mountains. Perhaps you can decrease those Mountain Tiles.

One more thing... Forget the Brigands (Although there's no brigands anymore in FE7 list).

Change the classes of the Brigands in FE8, like Berserker or Warrior. Need more of it in their side.

THANKS!! And thanks for reading all of that! I'll wait for the patch! Please! I want it that way!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#148 YakYak

YakYak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

brrrrrrraiiiiiiiiinnnnzzzzzz.........

#149 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'll be expecting the hack sooner. If not, you know what would happen...

The great war of sacred contention will happen!!

Just kidding. Hehe XD Lol Guffaw.

I want those characters...

#150 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Oh, it is indeed complete, and they don't want to add more units.. Too bad. only fixes if necessary... *SIGH*

I should've read the game description earlier....

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#151 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Please refrain from double posting, Jaster. If you have more to say but you were the last person to post, the edit button is your friend.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#152 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Sorry about that, yo, but not only is the hack long done, but even if I wanted to add more characters, the game can't handle anymore. Since it's a hack there's some limits on what I can do. Also, the intention wasn't to add all the characters, just most of the playable characters and some of the bosses (and I tried to make each side have a similar amount of characters). ALSO, I quit hacking for the most part, so even if I could add more and the hack wasn't complete... I wouldn't, because I'm kind of retired. XD

Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams man, you're free to try yourself but it's going to be hard because the game doesn't like more than like 40-50 characters, it starts to glitch up after some point. D:

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#153 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Oh. Sorry. I forgot there was an EDIT BUTTON. No, really, sorry.. Hehe...

Now... Uh.. Anyone teach me how to hack ROMS of FE?

ACtually, I didn't also want to add them all. Just want to add a few more, most importantly the very famous ones.

Also want to change the map... Very tight bridges..

Now... it seems I'm starting to get some warnings about too many posts... Sorry about that again. Didn't noticed the EDIT Button...

Oh, 1 more thing... IMA GIRL.

man, I edited this post about 8 times

#154 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

You could probably change the bridges without messing anything in specific up by following this tutorial. Just be sure to get the rest of the map (especially where the units are standing on at the start) correct, or ask Blazer veeeeeeery nicely if he has a copy of the map he used that he'd be willing to send you for editing. Also, I would recommend checking the Ultimate Tutorial that Blazer linked in that other thread.

Personally, I liked the tight bridges as a way to prevent the battlefield from being too open, but that's just my opinion, I guess.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#155 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Ask me? You mean Nintenlord, right? I don't use Tiled XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users