Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Monster hunter X

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

http://nintendoevery...nter-x-details/

http://nintendoevery...s-guild-quests/

just here to post more details

I don't like underwater combat so I'm actually happy that's not a thing

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

Individual weapon demo videos are up on the monster hunter wiki now. Showcases stuff we already know about from previous games, and a whole lot of the new stuff like hunting styles and the special attacks that were added. Also it seems that every weapon is capable of a jumping attack now which is pretty sick. I think it'll probably be linked to a hunting style though since obviously having easier mounts is a little too good to not give up something else in exchange

#23 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

^game is looking pretty rad, eh?

also, apparently you can now play as the cat

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#24 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

Play...as...the cat? Mixed feelings. I love cats(often far more than other people tbh), but what the hell Capcom? I wonder if that's going to be some local wireless single cartridge download play thing. Or maybe certain story missions(of course that would require a relatively in depth story which isn't at all like previous monster hunter games) have you play as the cat instead of your hunter. Idk it sounds weird. Gonna have to see what it is I guess.

#25 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

^game is looking pretty rad, eh?

also, apparently you can now play as the cat

This is actually yet another selling point for me. After me seeing certain special moves, it's not like they needed another, but they sure found one.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#26 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

playing as the cat sounds like something kinda... idk, only half-serious/kinda for fun, like hey, he's always around, why not? and it's kind of a spin-off, so why not do something different? idk, that's just the kinda vibe I get

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#27 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

http://www.nintendol...onster_hunter_x

It is a rather long video, so make sure you have a couple minutes before watching(I got interrupted and haven't finished it yet)

#28 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

http://www.nintendol...x_cross_feature

Apparently famitsu has a ten page article. Very excited to see when we get a us release.

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

http://www.nintendol...x_cross_feature

Apparently famitsu has a ten page article. Very excited to see when we get a us release.

the hype in Japan seems to be real, lol. then again, it is MH4U. I'm curious how the game sold out West. Not only because it'd affect a potential Western release of MHX (which of course would be cool) but just in general, I'm curious. It feels like it did relatively well, but I'm not sure it did half as well as Japan, so... >_>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:45 AM

http://www.vg247.com...-some-gameplay/

Demo gameplay. Only available to Japanese 3dsesses(have fun Blazer =p), but still the hype continues to grow.

#31 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:00 AM

http://www.vg247.com...-some-gameplay/

Demo gameplay. Only available to Japanese 3dsesses(have fun Blazer =p), but still the hype continues to grow.

mhm saw some people playing it

I ain't getting it tho, I've still hardly played MH4U lol. If I get MHX it'll be after I've worn out MH4U and only if A) I feel MHX is good enough to want to play, B) MHX is in English, and C) I can't remember what this was going to be... ugh. was it, I have to actually like MHX? Or was it... I need a break? I can't remember. Welp, I guess those both apply, so WHATEVER

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#32 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:31 AM

Actually wanting/liking a game is pretty important to buying it. I wouldn't get a game just because one of my friends said "hey bitch go get this". Especially not something as life consuming as monster hunter. Being a fan of the series often leads to obsession. For examples see reddit and gamefaqs.

#33 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:41 AM

well my initial reaction to monster hunter x was that it's just a glorified extremely flashy version of mh4u. They threw in extra particle effects to basically everything from the movement of monsters to your blade cutting through the air. It actually looks very nice most of the time, if a little gimmicky. I haven't quite figured out what all the hunting styles do yet, but aerial style is a lot of fun. When you roll into a monster you jump up into the air and are basically set up for mounting attacks. Bushido style is interesting as well. If you dodge a large monster's attack just right you get a ton of i-frames and I think you get a really strong attack right out of the evade, but I haven't been able to hit anything with it yet. I haven't played around with the other hunting styles yet(guild and striker), but I imagine they offer some neat stuff as well. I'll have to play around with it more to find out how this stuff fits in with monster hunter, but at first glance it looks alright.

first large monster you fight is a brand new one: The great maccau. It's a pretty unique bird wyvern that stands up on its back legs to attack you and bounce around.

#34 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

well my initial reaction to monster hunter x was that it's just a glorified extremely flashy version of mh4u. They threw in extra particle effects to basically everything from the movement of monsters to your blade cutting through the air. It actually looks very nice most of the time, if a little gimmicky. I haven't quite figured out what all the hunting styles do yet, but aerial style is a lot of fun. When you roll into a monster you jump up into the air and are basically set up for mounting attacks. Bushido style is interesting as well. If you dodge a large monster's attack just right you get a ton of i-frames and I think you get a really strong attack right out of the evade, but I haven't been able to hit anything with it yet. I haven't played around with the other hunting styles yet(guild and striker), but I imagine they offer some neat stuff as well. I'll have to play around with it more to find out how this stuff fits in with monster hunter, but at first glance it looks alright.

first large monster you fight is a brand new one: The great maccau. It's a pretty unique bird wyvern that stands up on its back legs to attack you and bounce around.

honestly the flashiness/effects appeal to me though soooo XD

but ultimately it's not enough to sell a game, the game itself still has to be good

and it seems like it is

it's also selling like, super well. like, oh man I'm kinda surprised how well it's selling, lol. I mean, yeah, it's Monster Hunter, but I think some people were anticipating it'd sell less because it's not like, MH5, but rather a... slight spin-off/variation of sorts on the main games. So yeah. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#35 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

well monster hunter is like the god of action rpgs in Japan, so I'm not surprised it's selling well just based on that. The other thing is that it seems to be one big fan service thing. Bringing back past villages, fighting "boss monsters" from previous games with the new engine(they brought back amatsumagatsuchi for example). I just really hope that capcom lets it come over. I'd be disappointed to be stuck with trying to sort my way through the Japanese. I can read a little, but not enough to get through a game like this without it being pretty difficult to know what's going on xD

#36 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

inb4 double posting

holy crap you weren't kidding when you said it was selling well. like...dear lord. almost 2 million units already? wtf Japan?

#37 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

hmm, is MH really an action RPG? I guess it has those elements, but it kinda feels like its own thing to me... *checks google*

ok so it is, hmm, I guess that's just hard for me to accept because while MH is a bit fun, it doesn't feel like pretty much any other action RPG I like. I guess the style and the focus on hunting monsters just makes it super different. I kind of thought of it as its own "monster-hunting genre" as silly as it is, lol. I can't say it's not an action RPG, it's not like I decide the definitions or whatever, so I'm not, but my personal idea of an action RPG tends to have faster combat, more story-focused, and less hack-and-slash. and I guess MH has a bit too much of an emphasis on equipment and like which I tend to not like unless it's just executed super well (and for me MH doesn't do that, though for a lot of others I think it does).

inb4 double posting

holy crap you weren't kidding when you said it was selling well. like...dear lord. almost 2 million units already? wtf Japan?

pfft as if anyone cares anymore =P

yeah I mean, with digital sales it's probably already hit 2 million lol, I guess it HAS been a minute since Monster Hunter 4G came over there but still, they ate that up pretty quickly. that being said, the MH series has a lot of effort put into it and it's a deep and IMO well-done series as a whole (especially as of late anyway, with MH4U) so while it's not a favorite of mine I feel like it's totally worth of a few million sales, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#38 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:06 PM

guess you're right with it being it's own thing...action rpg is kinda such a big umbrella term anyway though tbh. cross continues to impress though. the different hunting styles are fun to experiment with. weapons actually work differently depending on the hunting style you use(for example great swords lose their charge attacks on the ground with aerial style, but you can do a charge attack from the air instead)

#39 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

aaaaaaaaaand we have a localized title that once again is only half as cool as the japanese version. i get why they went with generations as the title, but "X" is so much more awesome imo. 

minor not even a real complaint aside i'm super freaking hyped for this. played a little bit of the japanese release, and it was a hell of a game. gonna play a bit more tonight i think actually, put it to the side for quite some time. the only thing i can really say that stands out big in the way of negative points is that there are some noticeable framerate drops on the original 3ds. it was clearly optimized for the ":new 3ds" instead. that said it's like 25fps instead of 30. but, they're there and they're noticeable when the game usually runs very smooth. it really only happens when there are multiple rather large monsters/effects on-screen though. there are some exceptions of course where it just randomly happens, but it's pretty uncommon in my experience. 

on the topic of graphics the attention to detail in particle effects is impressive. i got the timing down for perfect dodging in bushido mode(think massive amount of i-frames if you time your evades properly) just to see the animation that plays and the air stream around the hunter. it's sooooo cool looking. especially when i used a GS. moving like that while holding a sword bigger than you shouldn't even be possible.

#40 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

So the localization team goofed on the killer beetle. They translated it (somehow) as shiny beetle, then proceeded to rewrite the description do the name would make sense instead of realizing they made a mistake. Calls into question whether they had even played monster hunter before working on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users