Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Looking For New Staff*

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

*Mostly mainsite staff.

Hey everyone—been a while since the last homepage update. First of all, we're currently working on new features and content for the site. As a starting point, you can now submit your own savegames, and soon, you'll be able to do much more.

However, we also need some help on this front. We're looking for multiple staff positions: a community manager, a PHP coder to help me out, and a content moderator. For more information or to apply, please contact us.

Lastly, as always, please follow our Twitter for all the latest updates on Fire Emblem! Again, you won't find the latest updates on this page unless they're huge! Thanks!

Staff Position Details:

Community Manager - Promote forum activitiy by investing time into new topics and replies as well as helping new members. Later on, there is potential for helping with maintenance and other aspects. Can compensate you for your time with $20 a month.

PHP Coder - Help speed up the coding of PHP elements on the mainsite. This requires a decent level of PHP knowledge as well as free time and flexibility/adaptability with getting used to the site and how I want things to work. It also means I'll have to trust you so I suppose "trustworthiness" is a nice trait to have. Volunteer only--programming is difficult and a meager amount of pay wouldn't be worth it, so if you're going to do it, it would have to be for a greater cause (like helping the Fire Emblem community, which is why I'm doing it).

Content Moderator - This simply involves approving and denying submitted files such as save games, patches, utilities, etc. as we add support for people to submit them to our database. You may have to also make slight changes to them before approving them. For the most part though, it means checking like, once a day and spending 5-10 seconds to approve anything, if there is anything. Once the hack section is up, it will likely take a bit more work to approve and manage projects (due to their bigger nature) but those would only happen once in a while, and said system won't be ready for a while, so it shouldn't be a worry.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Looking For New Staff*

user posted image

*Mostly mainsite staff.

user posted image

Stuff on this forum I could probably manage as I already visit as a part of my regular rotation...but mainsite...not so much. I'm starting a transition to grad studies in the fall (kind of...changing streams is hard so I have to take a boatload of courses just to change departments) and will be working part time (since screw you kirant we only offer one session of each course a year and our schedule is screwed up) so doing mainsite stuff, in addition to working on my own projects and running an entire simulation hockey league, would be a bit much.

I could certainly look advertise a little for these positions elsewhere though.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Zak isn't mainsite staff, but he has so much time on his hands that he'd probably be able to handle the content moderating without a problem. i don't really do anything right now so i could pick up on PHP coding fairly quickly as well. it might be a little while, but i work with coding here and there so i'm sure i could pick it up without a problem.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

@Kirant ahh, understandable, thanks for even responding haha. Your continued visit to the forums is, honestly, enjoyable in itself and enough of a "contribution" to me, haha... and I think I discussed that you would make a good mod at one point but you must have declined or it just never happened or something idk

@Zac That would be helpful, are you somewhat familiar with various aspects of hacking and such? And do you feel like you have a good sense of things like proofreading and formatting? That's all it really comes down too--they're not high-leveled skills but if I have to say "no no you should do it X way" constantly then it does defeat the purpose of having you help me is all. If you think you can do it though then hit me up on Skype sometime and I could show you how it works, it's pretty simple and I could probably set up an e-mail system so that you can check your e-mail for new submissions instead of checking every day (would be more efficient since I doubt we'll get many save game submissions for a while/until things pick-up).

Oh and "Zak isn't mainsite staff" is silly to say, you can just become staff lol, that is kind of the point of this. You don't have to be staff to take on a staff position (or else there'd be little point in making this thread haha).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

proofreading is my thing actually. i was one of the editors for my school's newspaper back in maryland(and if i wasn't so interested in cooking i'd totally be an english teacher one day). i do have a little experience in the FE hacking world...not a whole lot but i am familiar with the basics if that's what you're asking. next time i see you on skype i'll send you a little message that probably won't be very relevant to anything.

Oh and i thought you were putting this thread up for mostly mainsite staff to read. just a little misunderstanding on my part.

#6 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'd totally be open for content moderation, haha. I may not visit too much, but hopping on once a day and validating stuff is very realistic for my schedule at the moment, and I'd have to visit the site more to do it, probably hitting the forums in the process, so there's that.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Oh and i thought you were putting this thread up for mostly mainsite staff to read. just a little misunderstanding on my part.

haha nah, for mainsite updates though I usually do something like c/p the update to the forums in a topic and link to it on the mainsite (depending on the update, sometimes if there is another relevant link I'll use that instead, but this gives me a place to put more information/details or let people comment)

@Smashed alright I'll keep you in mind

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Glad to hear! Lemme know when you make the call, then.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#9 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Fisty Risty 2014
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

I need to hire someone to ban people like Pewp

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Jul 13 2014, 10:47 PM)
I need to hire someone to ban people like Pewp

Hire me! Hire me!

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#12 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

lol
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users