Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (06 February 2019 - 04:34 AM) Cardfight Vanguard X? huh
@  Mercurius : (05 February 2019 - 10:49 PM) THE ONE SWITCH GAME I WANTED TO HAPPEN THE SECOND I LEARNED IT WAS REGION FREE PRE-RELEASE OMFG 2019 IS GIVING ME EVERY SINGLE REASON TO HAVE BOUGHT IT WOULD PAY ONLINE FOR 10/10
@  Fire Blazer : (03 February 2019 - 10:08 PM) plz no tumblrweed lol
@  acceptance : (02 February 2019 - 06:08 PM) (Like a tumbleweed, but more opinionated)
@  acceptance : (02 February 2019 - 06:08 PM) *Tumblrweed*
@  kirant : (02 February 2019 - 05:44 PM) *Tumbleweed*
@  Elwood : (02 February 2019 - 05:35 PM) *Tumbleweed*
@  Fire Blazer : (31 January 2019 - 12:11 AM) (silence)
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:55 PM) tho personally I guess I'm not too afraid of responding to old messages anyway sometimes, haha
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) to have discussions where people respond at their own convenience
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) forums could still be used but we'd have to make a bit of an effort I guess
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) I agree with Mage Girl/Cero/Elwood/Kirant lolol
@  xcrash1998 : (12 January 2019 - 10:15 AM) And yeah missing stuff on discord is easy depending on when most people are online
@  xcrash1998 : (12 January 2019 - 10:11 AM) I think there are just fewer people interested in taking part on forums since most information is already accesible trough the many means.
@  Mercurius : (09 January 2019 - 02:46 AM) Well, at the same time I also don't frequent most of the discord channels I'm a part of, though.
@  Mercurius : (09 January 2019 - 02:46 AM) I used to prefer forums but I've been spoiled by the "everything at the same hub" thing...
@  kirant : (06 January 2019 - 07:39 PM) I'm of pretty similar opinion...it's easy to miss a good discussion on Discord (which plays much more into a "stream of consciousness" feel).
@  Elwood : (04 January 2019 - 10:42 PM) I prefer forums because they keep everything more organized. With Discord you can have 3 conversations jumbled together and not know what anyone is talking about. It's also way easier to miss stuff.
@  Cero : (31 December 2018 - 07:23 AM) mhmm, its rough
@  Mage Girl : (29 December 2018 - 11:33 AM) I feel like a lot of forums have much less traffic because most of us who appreciate them are much busier than we used to be, and I don't think the younger generation is too keen on finding forums anymore

Photo

Lucia GFX

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Yet another character I know nothing about, haha. The background seems to suit her a lot. If you don't mind me asking, how do you do these? You always come up with such awesome backdrops and effects.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#102 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yet another character I know nothing about, haha. The background seems to suit her a lot. If you don't mind me asking, how do you do these? You always come up with such awesome backdrops and effects.

I use texture filtering and blending a lot. Sometimes I create my own textures from wither photographs I've taken or I'll use other people's preset ones to meld and blend into a space to create a background as well as shapes and lighting in the foreground or arouns my render.

I also use a lot of gradient maps and blending to get the colors how I want them. I do use brushes from time to time but mainly as a minor supplement to the design.

There are many other techniques I jse too, but those basic ones are what I mainly do when I want to make something quick. <:
user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#103 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

Always a fan of your graphics, keep up the good work. =) 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#104 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

I use texture filtering and blending a lot. Sometimes I create my own textures from wither photographs I've taken or I'll use other people's preset ones to meld and blend into a space to create a background as well as shapes and lighting in the foreground or arouns my render.

I also use a lot of gradient maps and blending to get the colors how I want them. I do use brushes from time to time but mainly as a minor supplement to the design.

There are many other techniques I jse too, but those basic ones are what I mainly do when I want to make something quick. <:

I'm... kind of impressed with myself for understanding a good deal of that. It's been forever since I've touched image editing programs, after all. Anyway, whatever wizardry you work, it works well!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users