Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

NBA Thread

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

I agree, it was classless. He cares more about winning, and media hype/attention.

Of course, as far as winning goes, the Heat don't really have anything else apart from those 3 for the moment, so they may not actually win anything this coming season.

#22 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Bumping for some trades and signings.

Fisher stays in LA
Haslem Stays in Miami
Splitter to Spurs
Farmar to Nets

Any others you feel like mentioning, talking about.

And I'm wondering what the Raptors are going to look like when the season starts.

Barbosa for Turkoglu is great, but...it makes Jose more useful than Jack. Yet Jose goes for Diaw and Chandler >_>

Salary dumpage *checks 2011 FA*

#23 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

First off, thank you Lord for having Fisher stay in LA. I would have been disappointed if he left LA, but I would have been capital pee eye ess ess ee dee if he went to Miami. If we signed Blake but not Fish, it would have been utterly pointless. I was glad we got Blake, but before getting Fish? Come on. At least we got him back.

And so far, Ebanks and Caracter are looking like steals for the Lakers in the Summer League. I only watched one game (which the Lakers lost badly by like 20), but these two guys are looking solid. It's hard to tell how they'll do during the season since this is... well... summer league, but I'm looking for these two guys to replace Walton and Powell in the future.

Personally, I'm not feeling the whole Turkoglu to the Suns thing. Hedo was complaining about not handling the ball enough in Toronto. He's definitely not going to be handling the ball in Phoenix with Nash still on the team, and Hedo needs the ball in his hands to be effective. I don't really think he plays off the ball that well. However, in terms of pure quality, I think Hedo was a steal for Barbosa.

Also, I think Bosh leaving Toronto is addition by subtraction. Now players like Sonny Weems, Demar Derozan, and Antoine Wright can have the chance to perform at high levels (or at least higher than with Bosh). I think Ed Davis was a pretty good pick for them as well.

But seriously, I'm really feeling the Bulls right now. If they can build some chemistry during the season and possibly add/trade for a few more pieces in the offseason, they can make a run in the much improved East. Here's for DRose 1st Team All NBA.

#24 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, looks like the Lakers drafted well.

And yeah, Bosh going gives some players more, but we have backlogs in SG (you just mentioned 3 SG/Swingmen xD) and slightly in PF, which counteracts it. And Wright is an unrestricted FA, not sure if he's getting resigned.

Bulls are looking good right now, and they seem to have good spirit. Maybe if Deng stays fit for a whole season, it'd help. Boozer and Noah are a pretty strong frontcourt. Rose is huge, but I don't think he'll take 1st team this year. Paul (if fit) or Williams are more likely, but we'll have to wait and see the season unfold.

#25 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:23 AM

lol. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Wade, CP3, or Williams will get 1st team before Rose, but I'm just being a hopeful Rose fan. I'm hoping for a breakout season where he just takes his game to a new level and has a chance to be on the 1st team.

And yeah, Toronto does indeed have a backlog in its backcourt, especially after adding Barbosa. I'm thinking they'll make some trades to give some help in the frontcourt. I'm not sure if the trade went down, but I was hearing they were also going to get Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler. That would definitely boost that frontcourt.

#26 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

Note: Not partaking in this thread's discussion because of someone who has just ****ed up Cleveland. And not just basketball-wise.

ATM I'm looking for a new team to like. Almost all of the west side teams, the Celtics, the Magic, and the Heat are not options.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#27 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

Bulls. Chicago is moving up there in my rankings. I think I'm starting to like them more than Orlando. Plus, Chicago is pretty close to Ohio. Or maybe you're better off rooting for Detroit or Indiana. Right now my teams are (in order) Lakers, Clippers, Bulls, Magic.

However, if you're really a fan, then you'll stick with the Cavs. There's no reason to desert them because they won't be winning a lot anymore. That's actually what a true fan does. Bandwagon fans only like them when they're winning.

#28 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

Uh, Bulls, like previously stated, as they have a bright future, or the Thunder, who also have potential.

Raptors

But yeah, stick with the Cavs.

I'm not sure if the trade went down, but I was hearing they were also going to get Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler

I mentioned it earlier, Jordan is having second thoughts on the trade, so I'm not too sure. But it'd leave us with 3-4 PFs and 2 Cs, which isn't too bad, seeing as Amir is foul-prone.

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

*Phoenix down*

The Cavaliers beat the Celtics, then lost it twice to two really dumb teams that we should have beaten.

Come on, the Raptors and the KINGS? We should be 3-0 right now.

Yeah, we = Cavaliers/Cleveland fans.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Nov 1 2010, 11:16 PM)
*Phoenix down*

The Cavaliers beat the Celtics, then lost it twice to two really dumb teams that we should have beaten.

Yeah, Celtics beat the Heat but couldn't beat Cleveland. Maybe they don't need Lebron? tongue.gif

Remember Bobryk is a Celtics fan.
user posted image

#31 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

Lol that's what everyone is thinking (myself included to some extent XD) until we lost 2 games to teams we should have beat, if not owned.

I never did understand Cleveland... that is, I don't understand why it happens, I understand that it happens and that it is bound to happen, but I don't understand why Cleveland. dry.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#32 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

I never did understand Cleveland... that is, I don't understand why it happens, I understand that it happens and that it is bound to happen, but I don't understand why Cleveland

Story of my life, just swap in Arsenal for Cleveland...

Oh yeah, back to the basketball
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#33 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

^lol sounds like you've been through a lot too and I haven't even been alive for half of Cleveland's miseries

BACK TO BASKETBALL, the Cavs are 3-3. What's good, WE DON'T COMPLETELY SUCK. ONLY SOMEWHAT.

Although IMO we should be 4-2, 5-1 at best. I can understand losing to the Hawks, but losing to the Kings? WTF? That shoulda been a win. The other team, whatever team that was that I can't remember, was decent enough that I won't cry that we lost, but still could have been a win...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#34 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

And, as per usual, the Lakers are the number 1 team (atm), and the Celtics are up there, too.

While I'd love to see another Celtics/Lakers final...lets get some new teams in there this year, eh?
user posted image

#35 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Anyone besides Miami winning the Championship is fine by me.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#36 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

I don't usually care about the NBA, but when I play basketball games (N64 bball games, mind you), I usually head for the Magic or (rarely) the Celtics. How are the Magics doing? Also, it looks like the Celtics are up there... Kinda surprising, as every both Celtics games I saw had them lose.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#37 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

The Celtics have been top contenders for the last few years, so it shouldn't be surprising tongue.gif

And the Magic are doing well, as per usual.
user posted image

#38 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:21 AM

If there's a Celtics/Lakers final, I might just explode, haha.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#39 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

There's going to be an outrage if it happens again. Celtics/Lakers vs. Everyone Else

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#40 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:25 AM

That would be amazing, haha.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic