Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

An interesting walk

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

For the first time in my life...I walked through a cemetery...alone. I'd always been scared around cemeteries in the past, but today...I didn't feel nervous, anxious or scared...To be honest, I don't know how I felt. I walked by graves...and listened...The cemetery was silent. Not a voice to be heard. It was strange...because I felt at peace there. In all honesty, I want to go back...

"Every soul shall taste death."

Those words echoed through my head as I walked through the cemetery. ..

I've been feeling rather...down lately. I don't really want to go into detail though...

The cemetery seems like such a nice place to me. I don't know why, but it just does. Such a nice place to sleep...
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:WADUUP HOMIE, HOW YOU DOIN?

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Cemeteries are extremely peaceful, though it's it's full of death, that is the true form of peace. Death is the essence of life, death is a truly beautiful thing, though most may not realize this until it happens to them.
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#3 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

I should stay away from the cemetery then...death is starting to seem too appealing...
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#4 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

This is mildly creepy. In any case, my experiences with death have made me hate it utterly and entirely. It may be a release from pain, but it is the cause of pain, as well.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#5 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

It can only pain you if you possess a weak spirit, and cannot fully understand the beauty of it.
user posted image

"Puberty is the prelude to, and preparation for, sexual as well as emotional maturity and fullfulment in later lfe...".

user posted image

#6 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Please, tell me about the beauty of my sister finding her best friend dead in his closet with a gun in his hand. I really want to hear about how much better the world is because of death.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#7 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

While an individual's death may cause pain to others....it essentially brings peace to the person who has died. Hence, why R.I.P is written on tombstones. Also, when a person lives a life of suffering, their death can be a relief to their loved ones.
Posted Image

#8 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

I, have no idea how I should respond, so I simply won't say anything. I thought I should just make it clear I read this.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#9 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (arimibn @ Aug 14 2012, 11:05 PM)
While an individual's death may cause pain to others....it essentially brings peace to the person who has died. Hence, why R.I.P is written on tombstones. Also, when a person lives a life of suffering, their death can be a relief to their loved ones.

This.

user posted image

user posted image

#10 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

So the various methods of medieval torture are actually good things because, although they caused pain, they ultimately brought relief? The holocaust was good because, even though it caused unimaginable suffering, ultimately the people involved were released from the pain? In comparison to, oh, I dunno, not suffering in the first place? That's bullshit, and you know it. So is it okay that everyone goes through all that incredible suffering to ultimately... well, the result all depends on your religious views. If you're Hindu? Everyone suffers for the sake of coming back to life and suffering again and again. Some Christians believe that the vast majority of people on this earth suffer for the sake of going to Hell and suffering even more. If you don't believe in an afterlife, then all this suffering happens for the sake of eventually not suffering.

Oh, and what about people who aren't really at a point in life in which they're suffering? Take me two months ago. I was about as happy as I could get. How would my death have been a good thing? I would no longer be happy, it would devastate my family and friends, and who knows what affect my life may have had on the future. Now? Now I'm miserable because of death. I'm so aware of death now that some nights I cannot fall asleep because I worry about whether or not my dogs will be alive when I get home and whether or not my grandparents will still be alive next year, or the chance that my sisters will get hit by a drunk driver and be killed before I see them again. I've experienced what death does, and it is not beautiful. It is why we feel fear and why feel pain. It's why we understand what tragedy is. Without death, there would be no loss. The petty things that slipped away from us could be ours again if we ever wanted to. We would have all the time in the world. And the big things never could get away. That cemetery is full of people whose dreams were crushed, who lost the things they held most dear, whose loss destroyed the lives of those who held them dear. I can envy them for where they are now, hell, I feel an urge to tip over just about every railing I get close to, but I cannot truly wish myself there with the cost that it would have on those around me. I am living for the sake of defying death. For the sake of making life as beautiful as I can. I'm not letting some ****ing "peace" get in my way.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#11 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

lol
user posted image

user posted image

#12 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's better to make people laugh than cry.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#13 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

This is true. happy.gif
user posted image

user posted image

#14 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

You misunderstand Rijuo. All you're talking about is the torture. The torture is painful. And I gaurantee you that the people who were being tortured were at peace when they died because they were released from their torment.

You are only speaking of death in the sense of gruesome murder.

That is the same comparison as saying all muslims are terrorist because of a select few.

Death brings peace to the person who has died.

Think about the many who live lives of suffering. When they die, they are at peace. Death is eternal slumber. And many people are at ease when they sleep. The only time they aren't is when they have nightmares. The only time that death wouldn't bring peace is for a person who is damned to Hell.

While yes, Death is an unfortunate thing for the living, it is essential for the dead.

Why do you think people commit suicide? They want to get peace, and are tired of waiting for it to come naturally. In other cases, people are ungrateful with the life of this world, and they can only think of the afterlife, so they kill themselves to try and get to it.

Like it was said before, most people will not understand the beauty of death until it happens to them.

And in all honesty, I don't consider suicide to be the same thing as death.

Suicide damns you to Hell. Death can bring you eternal peace.

Saying the holocaust is good because people were killed? That's blasphemy. Utter blasphemy. You say death only brings sadness? You say that as if people only go to Hell. You say that as if heaven doesn't exist. You feel the way you do, not because you understand death, but because you fear death. You fear death, just as many other human beings do. Humans naturally fear what they don't know. And Death is always the unknown. It only happens to us once, and we cannot inquire from people who have experienced it before. People feel sad about their loved ones dying because it means they can't see them anymore. On top of that, we don't know what happened to them.

If your sister became a millionaire and left to live in another country without telling you and never spoke to you again, I assume you'd be just as sad as if she had died, because to you, it is essentially the same thing. When someone else dies, you might feel sad, but that does not mean that the person who's dead isn't at peace. If a person dies during the peak of their life, they usually don't mind dying because they can say, "I lived a good life." How can you say, "I'd be miserable if I died." if you aren't dead? That's like saying that you know who a person is without having met them before.

But I don't blame you for, like most humans, misunderstanding death because, again, most people will not understand the beauty of death until it happens to them.
Posted Image

#15 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

He's saying that people who ENJOY their mortal life don't get peace from death. Especially someone like me who doesn't believe in an afterlife. And he wasn't ACTUALLY saying that the holocaust was a good thing, he was saying it sarcastically due to the given logic.
Yes, death can be a good thing (like in the case of my grandmother who passed away 3 weeks ago) especially when someone is suffering. But, not all death is happens to suffering people.
Posted Image

#16 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Figure I'll drop in and add my two cents, possibly for conversation. Death simply is. It's a given fact for everyone, sure. Beyond that, who knows? I wish I could say with conviction that there's a higher plain beyond the gray veil, but no living person can. Being that we do not know what's beyond, the logical conclusion is to make the most of the before, in every way, including with those close to us. Even though the tunnel ends somewhere, and we don't know where or when, we may as well have a good drive.

About cemeteries, I too was once afraid of walking through them, but now I don't mind and in fact seek them out to walk in on occasion. They ARE serene, ironically. There are quite a few older, simpler ones near my house, and they prove to be quiet places rooted in the past, which I appreciate. When I find myself walking through larger, more current ones, however, it is admittedly more somber, and the memento mori all the more present. Still, I find them not wholly negative, somehow.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#17 Axel

Axel

Dirty Ghetto Kids

• Banned
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Aug 15 2012, 04:59 PM)
Beyond that, who knows? I wish I could say with conviction that there's a higher plain beyond the gray veil, but no living person can.

This is what I believe out reasoning for being here is, we're supposed to find this out for our selves as our lives carry themselves on.

user posted image

user posted image

#18 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

How can you say that people who enjoy life don't get peace from death? Are you dead? No.

If say, a person who's lived a middle class life becomes a millionaire, who says he won't enjoy that just because he enjoyed the way things were before?

Also, how can you say for certain that death does not bring peace? Through my eyes, it does. You probably misunderstood what I meant when I used the word peace. In my eyes, death brings peace to the person that has died.

And I am aware that he was using it sarcastically, and I was saying that it's a horrid comparison.

Death is the unknown, and as humans, you naturally fear it. I don't fear it. And that is why I say that death brings peace. Death is eternal slumber. Even if you don't believe in an afterlife, who's to say you wouldn't be at peace while you were asleep?

Just because you don't want to die because you feel as though you have things you need to do still, that does not mean that you wouldn't be at peace if it happened to you.

Just as I cannot say with certainty what will happen to you when you die, I do know that death is essentially a peaceful thing. Just visit a cemetery. And you may see what I mean.

But at the same time, I have to refrain from visiting the cemetery because it makes death seem appealing.

The fact that you fear death is a good thing. Death is meant to be feared.
Posted Image

#19 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

I remember once walking through a cemetary when I was 16. Coincidentally the sky started growing dark and fast. Me and my brother were like "yea lets go before we get hit by lightning XD"
user posted image

#20 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

The spirits were trying to get you to stop disturbing their sleep.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users