Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Teach Me How to Hack

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Time to show my skills as a hacker...

Hacking Stats

Knowledge in hacking - 10%
Persistence to try when fails - 40%
In need of help - 30%
Good Ideas - 10%
Bad Ideas - 10%

Better obtain some EXP to level up! XD LOL HAHA
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Anyone teach me?? And tell me what files would I need to start??

I always want to learn how to hack... Especially on Fire Emblem. My favorite game...
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

#2 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

You have all of the stuff I linked you, right? That should be enough to get you started. Obviously, there's a lot to it, but here's the basics of how to hack, in my opinion.

1. Write a story. It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, but if you put enough effort into it, people will be impressed. Plus, if people think your story's good, they'll play your hack.

2. Break it up into chapters. For example, if we look at Lyn's route in FE7, we could summarize the early parts of it like this:

Lyn lives alone in the small village where her tribe lived before they were murdered by bandits. With the help of a wandering tactician, Lyn defeats some bandits that had returned. The two then decide to travel together. They eventually encounter Kent and Sain, two cavaliers from Caelin, who try to convince her to come with them to see her grandfather. They encounter assassins sent by her granduncle, which convince Lyn that Kent and Sain are on her side, so she and the tactician decide to go with them.

Now if we break that up into chapters:

Prologue: Fight the bandits invading Lyn's village, with Lyn explaining her backstory after the fight

Chapter 1: Meet Kent and Sain, have them talk with Lyn for a little while, then fight bandits and have them talk more at the end

So yeah. Something like that.

Step 3: Decide what you're going to do for each chapter. Basically, go through a mental checklist- do I need a new map for this chapter? Which characters do I need to make for this chapter? What enemies will we be fighting this time?

Step 4: Do the things above. Each are a really long process, so I won't explain them all here. Basically, check the [ut][/ut] until you find what you need, and if you have any questions after reading it, ask them here and we will be more than happy to help.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#3 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oh, well. How careless of me.. Should have posted this on the Questions Forum... Why didn't even I bothered reading it... Well, next time I'll read it..

Anyways, I have an idea finally...

I was planning to make a Hack that has only one chapter like the Sacred Contention... But I want it like a Survival Mode-like game, where enemies keep on spawning... Is that possible? If it is, is there any limits to it? Because I want an Endless battle until you lose, see how many turns you survived... I wonder if I can make that... unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

And I'm telling you, If I were able to make a complete hack(Even if it is good or bad, at least I were able to make one), I'll be happy enough! At least I tried!!

So help me, my fellow members...

#4 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hm... I'm not sure if it would be possible to make a hack with endless enemies, but I know it would be possible to make a hack with an absurdly high amount of enemy spawns, and you might be able to get them to spawn for like 50 or so turns (not sure on this, someone with more eventing experience should correct me on this). That would fall under eventing.

Spoiler

#5 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

1. Write a story. It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, but if you put enough effort into it, people will be impressed.

you know it's only in our specific context I can see why this would happen (reskins or minor edits being the most common thing makes ANY long enough separated story interesting enough...well, it doesn't really need to be a seperated story, a fanfic of FE that makes it unreskinned enough is pretty impressive too)

although I suppose you didn't give a specific enough amount for "enough effort" (It could be 3 months of spontaneous writing or 10 years of continuous experience from practice on other things...)
And I'm telling you, If I were able to make a complete hack(Even if it is good or bad, at least I were able to make one), I'll be happy enough! At least I tried!!

if you're going to be happy just from trying then start with a reskin
you might be able to get them to spawn for like 50 or so turns (not sure on this, someone with more eventing experience should correct me on this).

I haven't done this myself either but I know someone else told me it can happen

it should be noted that if the only condition is that enemies keep spawning for 50 turns though then something like stalling for 50 turns without killing anything(if you can pull it off) will either cause the number of enemies to be pretty static (because of the maximum enemy unit limit) or some crazy glitch that sends out the bitter screeches from the deepest depths of hell may happen(in any case, there's no getting past the 50 enemy limit, the best case scenario is causing enemies to spawn specifically after others have been killed for more than 50)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hacking might be a little overwhelming at first with all that you can do, so my suggestion is to just make random changes until you learn stuff. Seriously, that's how almost everyone started. Look at my oldest videos, I was just changing units classes and screwing around and crap, and it was fun, and I learned quite a bit. =)

The Fire Emblem Shrine mainsite has most of the resources you need, including the Ultimate Tutorial for tutorials and such, so just do some research and go out there and experiment and you'll be on your way before you know it, even if you stumble and mess up quite a lot (almost all of us do, super geniuses aside lol).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hey, guys! I just got a GOOD IDEA!! How 'bout instead of using the "SURVIVE TURNS" thing, can I instead use the Demon King's "Summon" ability? Of course, I'm gonna make sure he never attacks but just keep on summoning, see how long you survive. We'll also let players pick their units (Up to 10 only) from all the very popular characters... Also, we'll put the Demon King in an enclosed area where the units won't be able to harm him...

Too much spoil, is it? Anyway, it's just an idea... It might change anytime...

But somehow, I'm still studying MAPPY... I'll take care of the others, like the sprites and the text, something like that after I mastered mapping...

Hehe...

Anyway, am I really that TALKATIVE? Sorry about that...

#8 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm not too sure on the details, since I've never tried it, but that sounds like it could work! You could just lower the base damage of the DK's attacks and offensive stat to zero, not give him the sleep weapon, and increase his defense and resistance to the cap to make him unkillable without worrying about the map, by the way. There's still Pierce and Assassinate to worry about, though, and while you could block Assassinate by putting him in ground without terrain, I don't think you could block Pierce without blocking his monsters from escaping. As such, just don't give the player team Assassins or Wyvern Knights, lol.

Spoiler

#9 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

I vaguely recall mappy(as opposed to Tiled) having bad compatibility with FE8

just so you know

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#10 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

why? what's wrong with mappy? Although it is very complicated, but i'm good with it enough. perhaps you know a exe. that might be simplier to use..

#11 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

There is nothing "wrong" with Mappy, but it is much harder to insert then Tiled maps are, especially if you want map changes (such as doors opening, villages being destroyed, etc.)

If you want to use Mappy, you'll need to know how to event all those things in, and even then, the program you'd use to get those events in would tell you to use Tiled. Now, if you plan on having no map changes, yeah, Mappy is fine, otherwise, use Tiled.

Also, Mappy shouldn't have any quells with FE8, iirc. But, I could be wrong, my only experience in FE8 is Nightmare, Feditor, and Events, but all mostly simple knowledge... Can't help ya there.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#12 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Dark_Archsage_14x @ Oct 27 2013, 03:47 AM)
why? what's wrong with mappy? Although it is very complicated

QUOTE (Golden Warrior @ Oct 27 2013, 07:16 AM)
There is nothing "wrong" with Mappy, but it is much harder to insert then Tiled maps are, especially if you want map changes (such as doors opening, villages being destroyed, etc.)

If you want to use Mappy, you'll need to know how to event all those things in, and even then, the program you'd use to get those events in would tell you to use Tiled. Now, if you plan on having no map changes, yeah, Mappy is fine, otherwise, use Tiled.

What Golden Warrior said, there is nothing wrong with Mappy, but, and this was my experience, when i tried to insert my Mappy Map (sounds so weird doesn't it?) it would give me error messages. And what Golden said, you'd have to event everything in there. And yeah, although I haven't done maps with map changes (ie. doors opening, walls being destroyed etc.), it's generally a good idea to use Tiled for map changes (and maps in general).

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#13 Dark_Archsage_14x

Dark_Archsage_14x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well, maybe you can give me the link of that MAP EDITOR of yours... Because somehow, I already made too many failed attempts on mapping with Mappy. Can't really understand it that much...

Since I'm posting this as well, maybe one of you may know how to get past CHAPTER 23 of DECAY OF THE FANG??? I can't finish it... The mission seems impossible to be done...

And The Last Promise's Soundtracks was changed.. That was pretty cool... Especially that "Grief and Sorrow" that came from Naruto Shippuden Soundtrack. Haha... Same story with "Tactics Universe" somehow...

-----"This world is ending... Soon everything that existed will perish... The cycle of hatred, despair, grief, anger, malice, sorrow, greed, chaos, jealousy, fear, vain, vengeance, guilt, envy, shame, frustation, pain, everything that made us suffer will soon fade away and be forgotten... But... Will we be able to be rest in peace in the afterlife?... Or will there be more suffering that will be waiting for us?..."-----

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users