Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Ultimate Tutorial [V2]

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 TheGreatCantin

TheGreatCantin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for this awesome tutorial Blazer. So far it has helped me through my 30 hours of hacking Lyn's prologue chapter, giving me a chance to finally manage to hack both the events, the script, along with the music in those events. Let's face it, no one in their right mind wants to stay with Lyn's music during gameplay...

EDIT : Link to my hack : FE Light vs Darkness

#42 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

^lol I hope your hack goes well and if you have questions feel free to make a topic for them.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#43 TheGreatCantin

TheGreatCantin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Did that already, my previous post has the link. By the way, do you still use that kind of tutoring thing that's in another thread? I'm getting pretty good overall and thought maybe I could help out with new people having issues with anything other than spriting and music insertion.

#44 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

Nah sorry I really should like lock that thread sometime. It was nice for a while but things aren't nearly as active as they used to be so it doesn't work too much now.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#45 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

There's been an update to the Ultimate Tutorial.

That is all. smile.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#46 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

A long and detailed assembly hacking tutorial has been added to the Ultimate Tutorial.

It is VERY cumulative and expects you to be able to use Nightmare, Hex Editors, FEditor Adv, VBA, and the Event Assembler pretty easily/on a somewhat knowledgeable level, as it won't teach you those things. Naturally you can always go back but if you get stuck on the small things that should be coming easy it'll make the new things that much harder. Anyhow, it warns you what you need to know ahead of time pretty thoroughly, so I won't repeat myself anymore here.

If you plan on reading it and tackling it, let me know. Feel free to ask for clarification etc. though I don't have time to really try ASM codes for people--I might be able to review your code and look for obvious errors but otherwise I probably won't be of much help there. The tutorial includes information on how to fix the errors in your own code though, so that should help.

Anyhow, with that I've tackled another one of the more obscure parts of FE hacking. Hopefully people make use of it and get somewhere. If not, well, at least I can say the information is out there. It's not very great, a lot of details are missing, and it's not exactly concise or well-written, but IMO it's better than what was out there before, i.e. nothing.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#47 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I just glanced through it, and it seems really in-depth. Thanks a bunch for posting this, Blazer! If I ever decide that I need to learn to ASM hack, this is definitely going to be my starting point.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#48 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

TMK it's the only FE-oriented tutorial

and one of the few GBA-ones in general

the Pokemon hacking community had an old tutorial or two but they only covered the basics and weren't very in-depth and stuff

in this I try to teach you enough that you can do pretty much anything I can do on your own and with enough effort and practice

so hopefully this solves some problems and now if people want to make ASM hacks, I can point them to this resource since now there's an actual resource (instead of just going "sorry idk where you can learn ASM it's not easy and there aren't any real tutorials out there bla bla bla"

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#49 Silaninil

Silaninil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

Not to be a necroposter, new here, linked from reddit but the link to the nightmare modules is broken/i can't seem to find them. I'm new to this and i'm just trying to get all the things I'll need. nvm think i found em 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users