I call it "Blazer Version"
It's not very good/intended to be balanced or anything. Just some changes I wanted.
- Increased growths (10% to all growths for most characters; 20% if they're super bad)
- Roy now has no auto-promotion but can promote via the Hero Crest (I think; I didn't test it or anything else in this hack). So now you don't have to wait until chapter 22!
- Slight more access to promotion items
- Gems give slightly more gold when sold (5,000, 7,500, and 12,500 gold for red, blue, and white gems respectively)
- Thieves have caps of 25 now
- Legendary weapon uses increased by 10
Reasoning for each:
- Make terrible units slightly more usable. Get RNG screwed slightly less, so basically instead of RNG abusing for better growths I can save my time/energy and just live with whatever results slightly buffed growths do. Yes, obviously increasing everything by 10% is not a great formula, but I'm ok with that: i wanted this to be done very quickly.
- This should be obvious. Now you can promote him whenever you're ready (within reason) instead of having to wait for chapter 22.
- Roy needs one, and in general getting them is kind of a pain, soyeah.
- Because gold is nice and I like to be generous.
- I felt bad for thieves after Molly/gyppygirl mentioned them, but I didn't want to buff them such that they suddenly filled in a very different role from the original (as I wanted to keep the experience of the overall game basically the same as the original, just with some small adjustments to make it more enjoyable). Thus this will really only help with speed and maybe skill, if that.
- Because legendary weapons break too quickly and were meant to be used, not kept away because we're too scared of losing them.
Sharing this because... idk, just felt like it.
That's all I got. yay for like, < 2 hours of hacking. Time to go play this and hope it works and is fun. Can't wait to use some trashy characters now that their growths are (hopefully) buffed just enough that the game is probably actually beatable with them without RNG abusing or being some kind of Fire Emblem-playing champion.
Note: this should be applied to an already patched/English version of FE6, specifically one that has already has this patch applied: http://serenesforest...41095&p=2457854
(Let me know if you try it and have any problems)