Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Arim is hosting a Spriting Contest again

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Who here remembers when I used to do those monthly contests? No one? OKAY THEN.

I feel like holding one again, so HERE. WE. GOOOOOOO.

To enter, you must PM the mug to me saying you want to enter.

If you don't want to be a part of the prize money thing, you are still free to enter.

1st Place prize is $30.
2nd Place prize is $15.
3rd Place prize is $5. You need a paypal account in order to receive your prize. Yes. Paypal is free. And if you register for a paypal debit card, you can make offline purchases with your paypal account. Lol

The THEEEEEEME of the contest is cute and adorable.

Sprite a mug that is cute and adorable. Can be male or female.

Yes. The sprite has to fit into the hackbox. (For those of you who do not know of the hackbox, refer to here. https://dl.dropboxus...307/hackbox.png

hat big blue polygon thing is the hackbox. ...Why is it called a hackbox, anyway? That's not a box.)
No, it does not have to follow the 16 color limit.

If you make any updates to your mug and the registration deadline has not passed, you may send the updated version to me. Keep in mind that your previous entry will be overwritten. So don't try sending in 10 sprites. Because you won't have 10 chances to win, you'll still have only one.

Mugs will scored across 4 categories on a 1 to 5 scale. There are 5 judges, so the max a mug can get is 100 points.

The categories are:

Theme
Quality
How closely it resembles the original
Outside the box thinking

I reserve the right to disqualify you at any time. So don't be a jerk, k? You may ask as many questions as you want though. 

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. JUDGING IN PROGRESS

3rd
Elwood's Submission Total Score: 58 & 2/6
"Here's mine. I'm sorry if you're scarred by it. "
Spoiler

2nd
Whitewolf8's Submission Total Score: 63.5
"Definitely not an ice cream!"
Spoiler

1st
Mercurious's Submission Total Score: 75.5
"**** YOU MANDATORY COMPUTER RESTART.
Uuuuuuuugh, okay, I'm pretty tired, so I'll leave out all the unnecessary stuff I was gonna say."

Spoiler

Randy Savage's Submission Total Points 85
"Hey man, heres my mug... couldn't find any Sprite to put in it, though...:("
Spoiler

"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

What's with all the hyperlinks?

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

k I'm in I think there's a date error in your post though

also what Merc said

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

I'd love to enter but I can't sign up for PayPal atm. Any way I can enter without being part of the prize thing?

#5 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:11 AM

LITTLE DID YOU KNOW THAT I WANTED AN EXCUSE TO SPRITE MOAR CUTE.

Almost in the same boat as zac, although for me it's just that I DUN NEED YER CHARITY. (Not really, but whatever)

So... Hypothetically if we got the top 2 spots, and someone, say Merc got third spot... Would Merc get all the prize money? Lulz.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#6 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

So do we pm them to you or post them here?

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#7 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:16 AM

Last time it was sending over a PM since others being able to look at yours before they finish theirs is an unfair advantage.

So... Hypothetically if we got the top 2 spots, and someone, say Merc got third spot... Would Merc get all the prize money? Lulz.

I got the third and first prize combined before if that means anything.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#8 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

I've updated the first post to address most of your questions. If you get in the top three and don't want your prize, I'll donate your prize. Most likely to FES.
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#9 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

In, as always.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#10 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

I'm almost done with mine, just have to do the hair. I had to revise my design choices so many times I'm far beyond the point where I've become tired of it...my Photoshop has been constantly open all week. (Not that I've been spending too much time on it, it's just never closed so I'm always reminded it's there and not going away until it's over with. This post is mainly being made so that I gain a little more incentive to finish fast too.) Don't know if I can deal with going for next month's contest...

#11 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:16 AM

So far we have confirmed entry from Elwood and Wolfie. You still have a week before the deadline though.

Posted Image

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

OH SHOOT I FORGOT

we gotta get more people in this

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

no don't increase the chances of me losing

#14 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

You're so positive.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#15 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

So far, we have confirmed entry from Elwood, Wolfie, and Mercurius. Soooo 3 people. And the deadline isssss Friday.

Posted Image

#16 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

No one else has a chance. I am the obvious winner.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#17 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

No one else has a chance. I am the obvious winner.

I object.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

I object.

the only (potentially) valid objection is that which comes with evi-I mean, a sprite of your own XP

also I'd have liked to entered but not enough time so I won't be, QQ I'm bad at deadlines, too much stuff going on and I can only prioritize so much, + I kinda forgot about this (though I probably wouldn't have finished an entry on time even if I had remembered >_>')

oh well <<

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Well I'll be holding these monthly, so there's that. Lol

Also Lol. I'm so bad with these deadlines. ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED.

Confirmed entry from Elwood, Slim Jim, Mercurius, Fish, and Wolfie.

Posted Image

#20 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

SO. Scoring is gonna have a little bit of extra input from now on.

Forum members can vote on the mugs and score them, but they will not be worth as many points as the actual judges' input.

The categories are:

Theme
Quality
How closely it resembles the original (Example. If it's a splice of Eliwood and it obviously still looks like Eliwood, then low marks. Basically, the more the mug looks like an original creation, the higher it should score. If the mug is full customed, that should be an automatic full mark)
Outside the box thinking

On a scale of 1 to 3, rate each mug in each category if you wish to vote.

Elwood's Submission Total Score: 58 & 2/6

"Here's mine. I'm sorry if you're scarred by it. "

Spoiler

Whitewolf8's Submission Total Score: 63.5

"Definitely not an ice cream!"

Spoiler

Mercurious's Submission Total Score: 75.5
"**** YOU MANDATORY COMPUTER RESTART.

Uuuuuuuugh, okay, I'm pretty tired, so I'll leave out all the unnecessary stuff I was gonna say."

Spoiler

Randy Savage's Submission Total Points 85

"Hey man, heres my mug... couldn't find any Sprite to put in it, though...:("

Spoiler

EDIT: SmashedFish has asked to withdraw his submission.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users