Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

That Contest that Arim was talking about...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

How many of you remember me saying that I'd hold a contest? ....Anyone? Well that's irrelevant.

Theme.

EPIC HAIR. (Yes. An epic beard is acceptable. Epic Nosehair and eyebrows are also acceptable.)

1st place prize - $30
2nd place prize - $15
3rd place prize - $5

You need a paypal account in order to receive your prize. Yes. Paypal is free. And if you register for a paypal debit card, you can make offline purchases with your paypal account. Lol

Registration ends Sep 26, 2013 @ the time I close it.

To register, post your entry mug and send me a PM saying you'd like to enter.

Fullcustom is allowed.
Splicing is allowed.

I wish you all good luck.
"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

#2 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Real money?

Taking this a bit too far, Arim.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#3 YakYak

YakYak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Real money?

I'm in on this, Arim.

#4 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

*Looks at my PMs*

*coughs*
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

#5 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Whoever sprites FE13 Cervantes wins.
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#6 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'd like to point out that since this contest is under the radar, not many people will enter. So everyone should at least try to enter.

I mean come on. If only three people enter, then you're guaranteed to win something. Lol
Posted Image

#7 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

$30 is first prize... I'M ON THIS RIGHT NOW, TIME TO MAKE THE MOST EPIC HAIR EVER, LET'S GOOOOOOO!

EDIT: Crap, won't have time. Ah, well...

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#8 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Is there a color limit, a hackbox limit, or a limitation on what counts as being hair (for example, gorgons have snakes on their heads instead of hair, but they're not exactly made of hair)

No color limit.
Yes to hackbox limit.
Snake hair is fine.
Posted Image

#9 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

If the mug is submitted, will it be shown to others before the deadline? (reason for asking:easier to top someone else when you can see what they've done)

Is it possible to submit improvements to initial entry mug after submitting it once?

Who decides the winner?

That's the reason you're supposed to send me the mug via PM.

Only if it's before I close entry. (Sep 26)

Me and a few judges who will be revealed after registration is closed.
Posted Image

#10 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

If no one else enters, then yes, you'll get all $50. Lulz.

But my goodness. These people are lazy. This is practically free money. Do you know how much MMO stuff I could get with 5 whole dollars? That's enough to get me 200,000 javelins in Mabinogi. That's 2 million gold people! And that's the bronze medal!

Posted Image

#11 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

You're basically bribing the people of this forum to participate in your silly little splicing contest. Its a waste of money, and 50 dollars is way to much money to just give awy like that, especially over the internet.

#12 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Shut up and stop telling the man to not give money away for free. I'm poor, dammit.

Also, I'd do this now but I'm in college atm, I have college work due soon, I'm feeling really anxious over the fact that I lost my laptop charger and may not be back here until Monday to get it, and ye

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#13 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Couldn't the same be said of any contest with a prize?

It's my money, isn't it? Are you one of those people whose scared of buying stuff off the net?

If you don't wanna enter, then you don't have to.

But I'm gonna hokd my contest. If only one person enters, then one person will receive money. If you've got a problem with me holding a spriting contest with a prize, then too bad. Lulz.

Ya don't see me advertising the contest, do you?

What exactly is your problem?
Posted Image

#14 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just the fact that someone could be so god damn wasteful is what my problem is.

#15 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Is it wasteful if he uses his money to bring himself happiness?

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#16 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

So I'm guessing you've never bought a video game, right? You've never bought anyone else a gift before, right? You've never spent money on any sort of recreation before, right?

If all my necessities have been taken care of, give me one reason why I shouldn't do what I want with the rest of my money.

How many family members are you taking care of, again?

How often do you donate charity again?

If after doing all of that on a regular basis, I want to do something for my friends on FES, then I'm gonna do it. If you don't wanna be a part of that, then go post in another topic or something. It's not impossible for you to ignore the contest if you hate the fact that I'm willing to give out prizes from my own pocket.

If you still wanna tell the dude who has almost never wasted any food, and who goes out of his way to preserve stuff how wasteful he is, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Posted Image

#17 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

don't have a paypal account but I can enter just for the fun of it right? I could care less about money seeing as I don't have anything to spend it on right now. I want to pick up a new computer but I have enough for a decent one....anyway you cool with me entering just for the fun of it?

#18 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Cool with me. Have some fun!
Posted Image

#19 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Lol. Now you're judging my life with no factual evidence merely because I've offended you. Thats adorable, dude.

Anyway, do what you want with your money, Im not going to attempt to convince you otherwise. To prevent this from spiraling out of control, I'm just going to stop commenting on this particular thread. I'm terribly sorry for sharing my opinions with you, pardon my offensive nature.

#20 YakYak

YakYak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

*Facepalm*

Well, at least that's over with now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users