Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Mapping Contest Voting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote

1. 1: Smashed Posted Image (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. 2: Cheshire Posted Image (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. 3: Snow Posted Image (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

4. 4: GrandScythe2 Posted Image (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Round 1: Castle

Make a castle map. This means the inside of a castle.
1. Tileset must be from FE7 or FE8
2. Map can be no larger than 25x25
3. Don't steal anyone elses design

Voting ends on the 30th , give feedback if you want. Thanks for voting wink.gif
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#2 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

I like Chesh's the best. That being said, it's WAY too symmetrical.
Voted for it anyways lol
Posted Image

#3 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I won't vote for my own. So I'll let you guess who I voted for.
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#4 fuzz94

fuzz94

Zero, forever and always

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

smashed: no shading on the inside walls and... grass? Inside the castle? Hm, the rest of it is fine.

cheshire: some height errors here and there, it has perfect symmetry, which is far from a perfect map. and there is waaay too much open space.

snow: me gusta. still some height errors, otherwise this is damn good map

HT: got rid of the open space from when i last saw it. Although the bottom wall is kind of bland, it just repeats and is kinda boring.

Voted for.....................
x (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

snow

#5 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Let's copy fuzz
Well:
-Smashed forgot to update his map so he told me to post the first one which was missing some shading. The grass is really well done however.
-Cheshire made a huge map. However like some people said I think it's kinda to symetrical. I really like how the throne room was decorated and the pillars look nice. Some parts of the wall aren't shaded but it still looks good.
-GrandScythe2: I like the bottom wall design but it is too much, maybe if he made the top floor go around the staircase. I like everything about this map except the throne room. I like that it's higher up than the rest but it looks too small compared to the other rooms.

I voted for..........................
x (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
GrandScythe2

Posted Image
Posted Image
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#6 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (fuzz94 @ Jul 27 2012, 03:45 PM)
smashed: no shading on the inside walls and... grass? Inside the castle? Hm, the rest of it is fine.

There's a small garden around the throne room, which is in the middle of the castle. Think like Eirika's chapter 14 or so, where there's a bit of grass in Jehanna Hall, except more so. As for shading, where'd I miss? This is only my second map, and I'd like more details so I can keep improving.

Guess who I voted for. (hint: not me)

Why not do some feedback I guess

Chesh: Nice and big, I personally like a little bit of symmetry in castles so I think that's fine. I will admit that the chests somewhat bug me, but other than that, s'great.

Snow: In particular, the door outside the castle aligning with the wall inside the castle to make one straight line strikes me as a little bland. The chests and stairs also seem a little too haphazard for my likings. I love your use of carpets and grass, however.

Scythe: Holy bendy walls, Batman! They don't look at all realistic to me- as in, there's no need for them to be that twisty. Additionally, the floor looks like it could use shading in places, and the pillars are pretty randomly placed. Bonus points for the color theme, though. Everything visually fits together. Also, the fact that you have rooms in the middle of the castle, unattached to walls- albeit ridiculously-walled rooms- strikes me as adding fun to playing the map.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#7 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

This might seem harsh but you wanted details so...
user posted image

Red: you are missing shading here. there are some grass tiles with barely noticable shade on the top for the shading under the walls and some more noticeable for the left side (Chests need shading below them and to the left but since there is a carpet and wall you can't do this, just for the future.).
Yellow: There are some tiles for the carpet corners so you can use those so that the carpet doesn't look incomplete.
Green: I'm not sure if this is a rule but these parts look better if you use a pillar or a different wall tile (lyns chapter 4 has this tile it looks like alot of bricks). Since this is a castle I would recomend a pillar.

Hope this helps smile.gif

P.S. What do you mean by "haphazard", I don't know what it means:[. stupid spanish speaking country.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thank you very much, Matt. I'll keep all that in mind for next time. smile.gif The walls in green were supposed to look like they angled down into the grass, like ramps, as sidewalls to the stairs.

Also, haphazard in the way I used it pretty much means randomly/carelessly placed.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#9 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Ok thanks smile.gif
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

Well, no one has voted in 2 days and it doesn't look like anyone else is going to vote so, I'm ending the voting. The first post will be changed.

Winner: (God it feels weird to say this)
Matt Snow A.K.A. me.

P.S. how do I make so that people can't vote anymore?
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users