Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

i know i'm a bit of a nintendo fanboy, but i'm really expecting some good things. nintendo has a habit of being quiet for a couple years(wiiU style) then suddenly coming out of nowhere with some big sales(original wii/3ds style). so it's about time for them to get some good sales on a home console again. i don't think they'll really have to pull out another big gimmick to push sales like they seem to think they need to do, but unfortunately that seems to be the path they're taking with the NX as well. a friend of mine that works at target said they're nintendo rep wasn't allowed to say a whole lot, but that the NX is supposed to replace both the 3ds and the WiiU. if that's true at all i think they'll go for streaming like the Nvidia shield and let it play 3ds cartridges when it's out of range of the actual system. or something similar to that anyway. maybe have the handheld actually be the system and let you stream games to your tv through the "home console" part of the NX you would have at your house. the only problem with my theory is that dragon quest 11 was confirmed for both the 3ds and the NX. if streaming was involved you wouldn't need both. it also kinda makes backwards compatibility between the NX and the 3ds look unlikely. again, why would you need to buy the probably more expensive NX version when you can play the 3ds version on your NX? i know i'm just guessing here, but i'm still really excited for the next system since i sorta decided to skip the wiiU. when it released there just wasn't enough to get me on that boat, and now that there are a lot of good games the NX is just a year away at most. it should drop this year though sometime.

Edit: guess i should mention i expect the hardware aspects to be incredible. devs have been doing some amazing things lately, and nintendo, while not focused on it as much as the other big two, are not exactly likely to stay behind for very long. especially with how well the 3ds did. i mean have you looked at those sales figures? absolutely crazy.

Edit: changed title to match the actual console name

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:03 AM

Haha I'm also a fanboy and while I'm keeping my expectations to a minimum in a sense, I also have a feeling the NX is going to be pretty good--but probably with some major flaws like anything else in exchange for whatever awesome new things we get.

There's a LOT I want, from a better system OS from the start (not having to wait for years for new features) to better online infrastracture (party systems, easier to join games, able to do more stuff without exiting a game and the like) to a standard default controller with gimmicky controllers being optional, to a very powerful system supporting engines that will enable 3rd-party support (I think it needs to be notably more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One, especially if they want devs to seriously consider it—it's been shown on multiple occasions devs do NOT want to dev for a weaker system, it's a total pain in the butt), to just having lots of good games esp. from series we haven't seen in a while, etc. etc.

streaming games/handheld integration and the other kind of streaming (to Twitch or the like) and other stuff all sounds cool, backwards compatibility would also be cool, but I dunno, I mostly just want a really solid console all-around, and then anything else would be an awesome bonus that would make the system go from good to great. but if there's no solid foundation than any number of gimmicks won't save the NX from being a failure like the Wii U, IMO. not even all the hype/curiosity from not knowing anything about it can save Nintendo if their console is just bad and doesn't have games, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:04 AM

also... lol @ that NX controller rumor stuff.

I said it was fake but a LOT of people fell for it, only for the creator to admit its fake.

what you have to look at is not how legitimate the fake is but how legitimate the execution of the leak is.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

well since dq11 was already confirmed for NX(i'm just stupid hyped for that btw) at least square thinks it's worth developing for. that by itself isn't a huge credential, but it is a nice start. also they should definitely go back to a more traditional controller. the Wii was a huge success because of the gimmicks, but the novelty has obviously worn off with the WiiU. it's time for another super nintendo i think. give us some heavy hitting games that really take advantage of what the console can do, and the NX will be a success.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

well since dq11 was already confirmed for NX(i'm just stupid hyped for that btw) at least square thinks it's worth developing for. that by itself isn't a huge credential, but it is a nice start. also they should definitely go back to a more traditional controller. the Wii was a huge success because of the gimmicks, but the novelty has obviously worn off with the WiiU. it's time for another super nintendo i think. give us some heavy hitting games that really take advantage of what the console can do, and the NX will be a success.

well I don't think it's 100% confirmed. IIRC they like... deconfirmed it/said it might be a thing. idk. basically until I get a true confirmation I don't want to believe anything and then be salty since that would be my own fault. but eh.

but yeah it's nice to see consoles aren't well, totally hating on it, I guess. and idk what you mean by "it's time for another Super Nintendo" but I do believe that to some extent, just getting better hardware and a better OS and making some great games for it will go a long way. Not enough to beat the PS4 or Xbox One, no, Nintendo has a lot to do in order to regain their big name as a gaming company and not just attract people who already like their IPs and games and such, but I think it would probably do better than the Wii U with its constantly criticized hardware and many time periods where significant or quality video games did not release. :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:08 AM

The snes was ridiculously popular, had an impressive library(some of which are considered as some of the best games of all time), and most importantly crazy lasting power. I mean people are still playing with real snes systems and emulating as well.

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

http://www.eurogamer...ble-controllers

well there it is. still very little info about what the NX is going to be, but at least we have an idea now. a screen with detachable controllers. i for one am totally ok with this. it's not really what i expected, but i'll take it. and the fact that it's running on Nvidia's tegra core is pretty promising as far as power goes. it's certainly not going to compete with the ps4 or the Xbone, so the internet is exploding about nintendo making another underpowered console. but they're forgetting that this is a handheld, and as far as power goes this is an amazing leap from what the 3ds is capable of for example. it's a handheld that's going to run a console game from the previous generation. that's pretty insane imo. and it also plays right into my theory that nintendo wants to dominate handheld gaming.

for anyone who doesn't want to read the article the NX is a handheld device similar to a tablet with its controller falling on either side of the screen. it'll have a charging dock that lets you hook it up to your TV and use it as a sort of home console as well. btw based on the fact that they're letting you hook it up to your tv i'm guessing it's going to be a pretty big upgrade from the WiiU in terms of graphical capabilities despite being a handheld.

#8 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Due to the radical change in hardware design and internal technology, we've been told by one source that there are no plans for backwards compatibility.

*rubs my cheeks on my vita*

Hopefully the NX doesn't get any games I actually want.

Also I can't be the only one who feels weird thinking about essentially having two halves of a controller in each hand... I guess I did used to use a GameBoy Advance SP though so if you could bind them together it wouldn't be that awkward.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:08 PM

I should mention that this still isn't absolutely confirmed to be true. It could very well be true that eurogamer's "sources" are wrong.

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

I heard some sonic game is going to be released on the NX as well as all the HD consoles (xbone, PS4 etc) and that this is "proof of how powerful the NX will be."

May be true, or may not be true. It's not like Sonic games have been top-quality lately. (Or...ever.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#11 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Aside from the quality of the games, Generations was pretty graphically impressive and since it's made by the creators I think it should be on the level of the ps4/xbone. They have made different versions of the same game for the different consoles before (sonic unleashed) but since NX is the only outlier it's pretty likely it will be the same version.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#12 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

I think someone at e3 said that breath of the wild is going to look better on the NX than it does on wiiU, so that's another hint as to its performance. I think maybe the charging dock that connects to the TV will somehow increase its capabilities to the level of the ps4 and xbone. Not really sure how that would work though. In any case I'm just hoping this can get Nintendo back into the hardware game.

Edit: all that's left is for someone to say the magic words backwards compatible, and I'm sold.

#13 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Not me. I need to have some solid entries before I'll buy. Since Breath of the Wild will be on Wii U too, I have no reason to care about getting it on the NX. (I did the same thing with twilight princess, but that was really because controller > motion controls) If the graphics shown in the trailers are the wii u version, I'm fine with that.

IUfb9Eg.png

#14 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

dragon quest 11, and breath of the wild are good starts imo. i know both of these will also be available on other consoles i already own(supposedly), so that's not really a great example...but...where was i going with this? either way we'll be getting more info soon since it's less than a year out from launch(march 2017 iirc)

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'm really hoping the Eurogamer rumors are wrong cuz as I've said I really want a powerful console and not a powerful handheld or whatever. it's cool if it also has handheld capabilities but I don't want Nintendo to basically stop even trying to compete with the others. I want awesome console games with graphics and capabilities that handhelds just can't support... modern gaming. not cool gaming with console specs that are more appropriate for 5-10 years ago. (no offense to the 3DS, it's fun and all but the graphics are blown out of the water by consoles, it's just how it is, even the Vita is notably superior >>')

DQ11 is ehhh

apparently DQ10 got confirmed for NX

BotW is ehhh

3rd-party games are ehhh

these are all solid stuff but so far there is nothing confirmed for the NX that I'm excited for, that makes me go "yeah, I need the NX for that", they're gonna need more than Zelda and the inevitable platformer or 3 and some casual Mii-based games if they really want to please/impress anyone but super casual gamers and Nintendo loyalists and such (the ones who can be satisfied with just Zelda/Mario/Pokemon lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

these are all solid stuff but so far there is nothing confirmed for the NX that I'm excited for, that makes me go "yeah, I need the NX for that", they're gonna need more than Zelda and the inevitable platformer or 3 and some casual Mii-based games if they really want to please/impress anyone but super casual gamers and Nintendo loyalists and such (the ones who can be satisfied with just Zelda/Mario/Pokemon lol)

I'm a loyalist, but even I don't have any reason to get it because the only game I want from it is going to be on Wii U as well.

A console with handheld capabilities would be interesting, but I'd doubt they'd do it.

IUfb9Eg.png

#17 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:05 PM

Seems like the rumors about being a hybrid console were true.

This actually has my interest now.

IUfb9Eg.png

#18 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

CvN3WbFWIAAcUAe.jpg

for anyone not on the discord server these are the announced partners developing for the switch

Also since skyrim is running on it we now have handheld elder scrolls(hopefully with mod support like on xbone and ps4...actually not like ps4. i want full mod support). as sniper joe pointed out mk9 is looking pretty likely, and as voffie mentioned it's possible that there might be splatoon 2/dlc for splatoon(new models in the splatoon thing, and two item slots for mariokart!)

#19 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

Huh, I thought Blazer said it'd be 5 days from now that we get a reveal.

I honestly can't really feel any interest for the gimmick itself since I am totally comfortable playing on pure handhelds at home all the time anyway. Unless it has backward compatibility with the Wii U I don't see myself caring about it anytime soon. I'm way too busy on my vita did you know that SAO:Hollow Realization lets you use ALL HAIRSTYLES REGARDLESS OF GENDER GOTY MATERIAL RIGHT THERE

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

CvN3WbFWIAAcUAe.jpg

for anyone not on the discord server these are the announced partners developing for the switch

Also since skyrim is running on it we now have handheld elder scrolls(hopefully with mod support like on xbone and ps4...actually not like ps4. i want full mod support). as sniper joe pointed out mk9 is looking pretty likely, and as voffie mentioned it's possible that there might be splatoon 2/dlc for splatoon(new models in the splatoon thing, and two item slots for mariokart!)

... *does not see anything related to Pokemon on that list*

POKEMON COMPANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. YOU BETTER STEP UP YOUR GAME!

Whoa wait, skyrim is on the Switch?

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users