Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

May be absent for a long period of time

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Blazar @ January 29, 2009 08:53 pm)
Yes, we have told her, however... it's not easy just to do that. As far as she's concern, what is some outsider going to do; if anything, they will side with the parents, causing her more grief. Unless she was forced into it somehow or some way, I don't think she'd simply go to it. That, and how would she get there, who would pay for it, who would sign her up, etc., the hardest parts of taking care of things are starting it and ending it IMO.

If this is truly how she thinks, then she should really consider seeing a professional. Yes, I know, it's expensive and all that, but that can be taken care of later. She almost always looks at the negative side of everything, while she should consider looking at the bright side more often. For example, a professional definitely knows what he/she's doing and talking about. If it won't give you a solution to the entire problem, it will at least be your first step towards that solution.

But seriously, if you don't go to see a professional, and things truly are as bad as you say they are, then it will continue to stay like that, or even get worse. So it's your choice, really. Have a life in which you hate everyone and everything, or spend some money to have a much better life and look at the bright side of things. The latter option sounds much better, if you ask me.

I strongly recommend you take my advice. It'll definitely help. Money is something you need to worry about later.

#22 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ January 29, 2009 10:48 pm)
QUOTE (Blazar @ January 29, 2009 08:53 pm)
Yes, we have told her, however... it's not easy just to do that. As far as she's concern, what is some outsider going to do; if anything, they will side with the parents, causing her more grief. Unless she was forced into it somehow or some way, I don't think she'd simply go to it. That, and how would she get there, who would pay for it, who would sign her up, etc., the hardest parts of taking care of things are starting it and ending it IMO.

If this is truly how she thinks, then she should really consider seeing a professional. Yes, I know, it's expensive and all that, but that can be taken care of later. She almost always looks at the negative side of everything, while she should consider looking at the bright side more often. For example, a professional definitely knows what he/she's doing and talking about. If it won't give you a solution to the entire problem, it will at least be your first step towards that solution.

But seriously, if you don't go to see a professional, and things truly are as bad as you say they are, then it will continue to stay like that, or even get worse. So it's your choice, really. Have a life in which you hate everyone and everything, or spend some money to have a much better life and look at the bright side of things. The latter option sounds much better, if you ask me.

I strongly recommend you take my advice. It'll definitely help. Money is something you need to worry about later.

I agree with you here. I saw a professional, and it definately helped. But then again, it is difficult to accept you need help at first. Cutting wrists I never gave into though. That is just giving in to the lies you create. I know, as I gave in to alcohol and taking as much medication as possible to try and 'fade away'. It's a lie, and it needs to be broken. Trust me on that.

#23 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (zeldafreak007 @ January 29, 2009 09:51 am)
No....I don't...

I've been her friend since last summer. I've been telling her at least three times a week, on and off, since then...

I do recommend you listen to Tino on this, Kel, he's pretty smart. But, of course, you must do what you feel is right, first and foremost.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#24 badkiara

badkiara

Capitalism, ho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:Girlz<br>Girls<br>Vacation :D<br>PERSONA 4 FUCK YEAH<br>Recettear<br>^Child me lawl

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

Soren, hopefully you will get your laptop and other things back soon and yes I am late with this but I have some problems going on here home too but that is something different. Like some people said to talk with a proffesional I agree but if I am not mistaken, then you have friends here and I am sure they will allow you to say whatever you want so you will get to feel atleast a little better. Sure, it is not really talking but you are still saying something about it and that should make you feel better too.

I barely know you or anyone else here but when I am here, I enjoy it. If I had friends on here I could just talk freely about like everything because I feel safe a little or atleast comfortable (sp?) anyway point is, talk with someone who you can trust, whether it is real life or just internet like this forum or something. Talk about it and you will probably feel better.

You can always talk to me about it although you won't, I still would listen to anything you say if you do say something.

Sorry if it sounded a little complicated with all that.
NOTE: If I said anything wrong then please tell me so I can atleast edit it so nothing happens.
Best FE character (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
QUOTE (Seraphinox)
The "Best" character is easily matthew, because without him theres no S Rank

Seraph approved of me being awesome user posted image (refer to "Best of them all in Fire Emblem General Discussion)
I know he means the character Matthew but whatever

#25 Riadansen

Riadansen

King's#1Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Ive changed over the last months, as of now theres lots of things i like best:<br><br>-Caramel Dance-<br><br>its Cute XDXDXDXD<br><br>-Alucard and Ike-<br><br>Ive been more into these characters, mostly Alucard, cause he has a mysterious past and well Ike, i know all i need to know of this phenomenom...<br><br>-Japanese language-<br><br>been practicing and have managed to speak more and more, and also understand it kinda well<br><br>-Manga-<br><br>Ive been practicing some more and gotten lots better, thanx to Soren's Support, As Deadly, DarkStorm, Fireblazer, Tino, etc...<br><br>-Mapping-<br><br>yes, i map in an online game, if you wish for the name, feel free to ask me...

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

get better soon Kelly...

just remember hang on... u can do anything, cause god's power will help u in ur time of need...
user posted image
Riadansen, Ayumu,
Ryrumeli, badkiara103, Oblivion, Mankut8397
user posted image

thanks to Mankut for the sig user posted image

#26 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

Sorry I had to delete your picture because it took too much space and stretched the screen (I really hate to ride on you as soon as you join, sorry, but screen stretching pictures = fail).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#27 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

Wow, that sounds rather harsh. Excuse me if I say anything completely incorrect but since I hardly know you or anyone here I'm using that as an excuse.

Firstly in regards to professional help, I too would recommend it just not as strongly, it bewilders me that you're parents (who seem ludicrously protective on the cyber-bullying issue) not to take you to find help if you resorted to self-harm.

I however agree with the idea of the "professional" siding against you. And by that I mean a professional is not necessarily the answer. I've had these so called "professionals" telling me how spoiled I am, laughing behind my back and I'm apparently depressed, homosexual, suicidal, a harm to others, think dangerously and I recall one even stated if I didn't "fix" my thoughts I'd end up in prison.

Plus it doesn't help much if you go see someone who is 100% on your side, since you (or your parents) are paying them to seem friendly. I personally would recommend talking to friends in real life (if you have them, and if not then to friends online) Since people around your age are more likely to understand some of your hardships.

My parents had the same problem, they figured by taking away materialistic object it would make me into a better person. I'm guessing it didn't work since I'm a failure.

I personally think there's something wrong with you. And I only say that if you truly believe yourself to be a retard for becoming a victim. Since the only thing you did was exist. And anyone who denies anothers existence is nothing but a sheltered arrogant fool.

I don't know if talking about it will help fix the problem, but venting your anger out in words is definitely better then self-harm. Think about it this way, even if the people here are nothing but text message from a distance country/city, some would genuinely miss you if you left, and others care enough to pretend they do (without charging ridiculous hourly rates)

My thought are there's nothing wrong with you, it's this world that's wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users