Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What are you reading right now?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

Just started reading psyren yesterday. The basic premise is that some dude is basically kidnapping people and sending them to a future version of Japan which has become a desolate wasteland overrun by monsters. These people are exposed to a disease in the air and develop psychic abilities which they then use to compete in the game that they were originally kidnapped for. Pretty solid so far.

Also reading assassination classroom which is also very good. Nothing funnier than a monster teacher being targeted by his students. Also space travel?

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

I'm reading Mizutama Honey Boy.

w-what

a-aanywayyy I'm also reading Assassination Classroom and I'm glad they have something to do after 153

maybe it will even actually make me care about graduation beyond "FUCK YEAH I'M OUT BITCHES!!" (for totally different reasons compared to what they usually try to sell us but still)

PLUS I GOT TO SEE NAGISA IN OVERSIZED JAPANESE CLOTHES SEASON 2 WHEN

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

Still re-reading Pokemon Special. This shit is still hype, despite some stiff dialogue and tunnel vision twists I can't help getting excited by this. And the only manga that I've been keeping up with weekly, Magi (technically Sinbad no bouken counts as a second manga but it's a character backstory manga so it's basically the same thing), has been getting pretty damn good. 

Also I've been keeping up with Prison School, but that's something I'm not proud of.

Magi is getting really fucking hype right now. holy crap

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Finally found the new assassination classroom chapters after the space travel thing. Very good. Probably going to end soon sadly.

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:33 PM

space travel thing.

This sounds odd but I can't confirm since I've stopped keeping up with AC

Posted Image

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

I was thinking of reading D.N. Angel from the beginning again since the first time I read it all I had was a borrowed-via-coercion volume back in like elementary school or something.

...then I learned that apparently it's still not completed. The fuck.

Every time I try to get into manga I learn again as to why anime advertising them is so important. Because it is hard as hell to invest attention in these things when they have monthly updates (which are usually shorter than an episode) or longer and when hiatuses are common and frequent. (and because well it's easier for something to show up to people's attention on TV than it is when it's a book. They inherently have little publicity individually and even things like Shonen JUMP demand that you go and get a copy of it or something first.) It's just such a pain in the ass...especially when for whatever reason manga RAWs are kind of hard to come by on the internet and translators are dropping projects all the time.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

This sounds odd but I can't confirm since I've stopped keeping up with AC

Nagisa and karma steal data from astronauts in space.

#8 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

I've often thought throughout the course of watching Assassination Classroom that I totally wouldn't mind being killed if it was by Nagisa.

Now I really think that way.

I bet he would be one of those teachers all the girls and me are too busy swooning over to actually study. we can involve learning about assassination again by fighting over who gets to be teacher's pet

SEASON 2 WHEN

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

Definitely a solid chapter. Wasn't expecting it so soon. Honestly I wanted Nagisa to go full assassin after graduation though

#10 Falcon Punch!!

Falcon Punch!!

Thor's Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:I'm a FE expert...of sorts.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm actually (sort of) an aspiring writer myself. Although I haven't done much (other than an extra chapter for The Hobbit), I hope to start on a full-length novel soon (lol yikes)!

Spacebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllssssssssssss

#11 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

Manga-wise, I'm also on that Assassination Classroom train. I picked up volume 1 not too long ago and enjoyed it. Comic-wise, since this is the Anime and Comics forums, I'm completely in love with Descender. It's the story of an android who may hold the key to repelling the mysterious robotic invaders that wiped out a majority of the galaxy's population, but being able to survive long enough to find out will be a challenge, as most civilizations have turned very anti-robot in the wake of the attacks and robots are generally KOS. It's got wonderful art, and more than anything else, it has Driller, who's a killer. Saga also seems good so far, though I'm only on the first volume. Basically, a lady with wings and a dude with antlers have a daughter, but they're both AWOL from their respective nations' armies, who are at war. As such, they're being chased down by a TV head prince with some apparent issues, a bounty hunter who's just looking for love probably not just looking for love, and probably more things but I've only read volume 1. But it's cool, they have the help of a teenage ghost girl and a ship that's also a tree. I don't have much of an idea where it's going but I seriously hope to find out.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#12 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

Is this specifically for Manga only?

Until I have clarification, I've been reading Aristotle's Ethics. Really interesting so far.

#13 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

It was originally for manga, but because Blazer said it would be nice to have a topic about reading in general, the title was changed. The subforum is specific in itself but it's not like we have enough activity to care about proper organization; even when activity appears, users tend to be more interested in making one-off posts in spamland than anything remotely interesting.

#14 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

It could be moved over to the entertainment thing, but I have a feeling there will be more manga/comics discussion than other printed media.

On another note I'm now reading tsukihime. Finished one route, and I'm really enjoying it. I figured it would be pretty similar to fate/stay night given that they're both by the same author(or the other way around I guess since tsukihime came first...regardless), but the style is identical. It goes way past similarities, you could actually take lines out of one and put them in the other without having anything feel out of place. Not a bad thing really as the writing is generally pretty good, but I did find it surprising. Also the mirror moon age advisory was the greatest thing ever. "keep away from children as they could possibly choke on the chunky bits of dead people"

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:09 AM

The last arc of Magi has been confirmed T_T. I'm sad and hyped at the same time.

Posted Image

#16 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

Assassination Classroom 156: In which you learn to appreciate anime hair as it normally is.

I liked the chapter in that it reminds us about how things are done over at Class E, while still reminding us that we're going forward in the plot. They could probably pull the same kind of graduation scene on me that they usually do at this point and I might even actually care about it anyway at this rate, it's crazy. I mean, where else in life will they get to try to assassinate teachers for pissing them off? Can't get much better than this when it comes to stress relief.

#17 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

I'm still reading Aristotle's Ethics

On top of that, I recently picked up the Chronicles of the South from the Black Company series. I really like the series so far, it does a good job of mixing High Fantasy with Dark Fantasy, and alleviates the issue of a predictsble plotline while still having an interesting setting.

#18 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:25 AM

I'm currently reading Moonlight Sculptor, a light novel about a VRMMO (again) except written by a Korean. The accuracy of the translation is...disputable given that they have admitted to using machine translation + some fixes, but I'm terrible at reading Hangul anyway and it's not like the story is interesting enough to really care. A lot of the time, the way the exposition is handled it feels like I'm listening to someone talk about their story rather than reading the story itself, which is enjoyable enough for me, but for some it's a crime against literature. Anyone that wants to read a story about much hard werk, very poverty, wow though would likely find it highly entertaining. For me, it's just a casual read for the few hours before I go to bed. There is also a manhwa, and I find the adaptation's additional touches to give the story much more charm, but it's only like 1 volume out of 44 (as of now) adapted.

#19 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Been watching a playthrough of the Steins;Gate visual novel (ok it's not technically reading it my self but I am reading in the video) and holy crap it is good. Like once shit hits the fan in it, it gets fucking good. I haven't been this invested in story in a while so it's pretty refreshing to me.  

Posted Image

#20 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

I love steins gate. I suggest it to literally everyone who I discover has am interest in VNs. Doing another read of it once I finish up with Devil on the G-string(although I really shouldn't considering I've already gone through it twice already).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users