Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Lord Glenn's Sprite Warehouse!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gaming, Fire Emblem, spriting

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

Welcome to my sprite topic. Though, this sprite topic will be more like a museum, considering I don't sprite very often. When I do, it tends to be miniscule work or something that takes me very long to do. Basically, this won't get updated much. But, I invite you to look anyway. (Also, these are far from all of my works. These are just the ones relatively fitting to be posted.) (Be warned, there is an abundance of content in this post. Peruse at your discretion!)
(One note of forewarning. A large majority of these sprites were made just for the recreational purpose of *spriting*. If you're looking for stuff for hacks, you're primarily out of luck (though, I do have a FEW things that would be hack-ready).)

(Older works have been Spoiler Tag'd to reduce the number of images to be scrolled through.)

First, down aisle one, we have one of the less interesting pieces to be displayed in here.
Set 1 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image

Nothing really special about this one, aside from the spell effect. Probably my favorite one that I've done.
(Individual components for the effects were taken from across the web.)

Next, down the start of aisle two, we feature three scenes all using a template that I worked on a long time ago.
Set 2 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

The template can be found here.
The first features a "custom" spell effect made from Gespenst, Bolting, and a spell effect from an RPG Maker sheet. The second features (a bad) Eltosian sprite fighting against an "OC" Master Knight, using an Axe. I personally like the "mist" efffect that was made by Colorizing the wind effect from Excalibur. Fire Emblem could do with more weather effects in general, especially in battle. The final scene is the most recent, and the Rexcalibur effect was made by Miskantdhur. I like the scene, but it would have been nice to see Elaine's sprite instead.

Now, looking at aisle three, we have two battle sheets that were made for a long dead hacking project (well before FEditor Adv's custom animation builder - back when you had to overwrite animations). They were based on a character that was using a mug reminiscent of Tiltyu from FE4 and were supposed to be a Cleric -> Bishop. Thus, the following sheets were made:
Set 3 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image
user posted image

I still like these, and if I wasn't always busy, I'd think of making actual custom animations for it instead.

Down the next aisle of antiquities, we have a more recent battle scene and template that I've done. Modeled after the Kirby series, a decent amout of the work on this was done from scratch, while looking at reference images.
Set 4 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image

The template can be found here.
If you seen me around, you've likely seen the first image before, since it's been in my signature on various boards from time to time. I do like the scene, largely because I'm a snow kinda guy.

Following this theme, we now have come across a statsheet template based around the Kirby series. This is done less from scratch, with only some individual components being done as such:
Set 5 (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
user posted image
user posted image

Template can be found here.
Mage Knight 404 made the face sprite of Lucia. Similarly, Black Dragon created the face sprite being used as my personal face sprite.

Also featured are some random bits and pieces done with varying templates:
Made with Mage Knight 404's A Sacred Dawn battle template.
Made with VincentASM's FEDS battle template.
Current statsheet at SF, made with VincentASM's FE10 statsheet template. (Note: Black Dragon made the face sprite.)
You can check these out at your leisure.

Also, here's a link to my Custom Weapon Icon Tutorial, if that kind of thing interests you.

Next, we have three sets of weapon icons spanning a large portion of my spriting career:

First up, a generic compilation image. As with the above post, a large chunk of these icons are not natively GBA-friendly. If you see something interesting, let me know and I could possibly convert it.
user posted image
- The first six rows comprise icons that I've done mainly for my personal use in battle scenes, statsheets, etc. A decent handful of the first couple of rows were icons for a hack project that I had been working on as part of a group before it died due to the project lead disappearing from the internet for a long time.
- The next row are GBA representations of the FE10 Dark Tomes (minus the last one, which should have been in the first set).
- The next group of two rows are icons that I've done for Mage Knight 404's two ROM hacks, FE404 and FE: A Sacred Dawn.
- The row below that contains icons that I made for Blazer a couple of years ago for his hack, PoD.
- The next row down has icons that I made for flyingace24 and his hacks.
- The row with two icons contains icons that I made for someone who decided to have the daunting task of running a FE map RP and creating statsheets for all of the allies and enemies that appeared on each map. Needless to say, it died off before I could ever finish the icons for it.
- The last row contains icons that I've made that don't fit anywhere in the FE style of icons.

Next, a compilation image of icons converted from FE9 to FE6/7/8 style icons:
user posted image
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I never finished the sheet, mainly because Axe and Bow weapon icons tend to make me very aggravated (mainly Axe, but some Bows can be a pain). These should all be GBA-friendly, unless I happened to glance over one of the icons when I recompiled all of the ones I had done a few years ago.

Finally, one of my more recent accomplishments, a sheet of recreated FE4 Holy Weapon icons, in FE6/7/8 style:
user posted image
These were made for my pal, seph1212, for his FE8 hack that he is working on. They're mainly based on the artwork on Fire Emblem World for the icons, with the only exceptions being Gae Bolg, Gungnir, and, IIRC, Balmung. Aside from the notching on Ichival's arrow and the tome book structure, everything was sprited from scratch.

Lastly, templates related to seph1212's hack, FE4: Rebirth/Resurrection:
user posted image (Finished.)
user posted image (WIP)

(On the second template, even though it can't be inserted as is, I would still like advice on the following:
- I primarily want feedback on the shading of the "castle towers" that will be the "name" box for the characters. There'll be more added there (to make it more readable and such), but I wanted to get the basic shading down first.
- I'm looking for opinions as to whether I should put some kind of design or something over top of the red/blue area where the HP values and bars are at. I've tried to come up with something, but I can't think of a good design that fits and my free drawing doesn't really accomplish much that looks nice.)

Thanks for visiting LG's Sprite Warehouse!
user posted image
Hopefully the final FE4R template.
Credit to Black Dragon of FESS for the avatar.

FE404 and FE:ASD patches can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/MK404/ (not working ATM)
Currently working on:
Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn - Planning
MageKnight404's Fire Emblem 7 Hack - Support Converstations, Other Duties

#2 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

The supports are with 'Yuri'? LOL
Sweet battle screens and stat screens. Do you make any mugs?
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#3 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yuri was a user on FESS. (Name referencing Yuri Hyuga from Shadow Hearts, specifically.)

I've "made" all of 3 mugs or thereabouts. None are fit to be posted because they're all pretty crappy (splices as well), at least for my standards. (Plus they're old.)

I just never really got into doing face sprites, especially since they're basically what every other spriter tends to focus on. This way, I can be different. (Plus, my proportioning ability is terrible, so making any kind of full custom sprite above a certain set of dimensions (battle, face) would not turn out well at all.)
user posted image

FE404 and FE:ASD patches can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/MK404/ (not working ATM)
Currently working on:

#4 Blazing_Soul

Blazing_Soul

Overlord

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Girls........Fire Emblem........PS3.........Anime........Girls

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

I will say that your battle template and stat sheets do you nice. I've tried making them myself but I've gotten flustered getting them to look nice.
user posted image

Darkness is rising and the light is fading
prepare for a battle for a battle between
harmony and discord.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

As you already know I find your graphics to be both epic and well-made. Your weapon icons are creative and it's obvious you have some artistic talent because I think that it's not normal for a person to be able to make a little group of pixels look so cool. D:

The first group of battle scenes are by far my favorite because I really enjoy looking at special effects. They are awesome.

You didn't really show anything here that isn't your best work, I don't think, so I don't have anything bad to say, or any criticism. Thanks for sharing.

When I first saw the shortened topic title I was like "LG's Sprite WAR?!"

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 boney

boney

noob

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

LAWD GLAYENN

Nice stuff brah

#7 Zeldaicflame

Zeldaicflame

Mage Fighter

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

Wow, just.... Wow.

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Would you mind sharing where you get your awesome effects from or no can do?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

For the scenes that I've posted:

1) Most were found in RPG Maker sheets, IIRC. I just grouped them together and applied blending modes and opacity changes.
2)
- Scene 1: All were taken from Fire Emblem.
- Scene 2: The mist is just frames from Excalibur.
- Scene 3: Rexcalibur was sprited by Miskantdhur of FESS and was repositioned to fit the scene jointly by the two of us.
4) The snow was taken from KH:CoM (one of the enemies uses ice/snow, and it was adapted from that).

In general, when I even make scenes, I tend to pull from FE6-8's spells or from sprite sheets from other games that have been ripped, or from random sheets that I've seen on the 'net.
user posted image

Currently working on:

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hmm, alright... I'll see what RPG maker has. The snow effect is really cool yo. It's too bad I can't implement that into a hack. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

Actual weather in battle would be amazing. So, if it's raining in a chapter, the battle would reflect it. Ambiance makes a world of difference in terms of player mood.
user posted image

Currently working on:

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

I totally agree. They should have, at the very least, implemented that in FE9 or FE10. I can understand that adding any more than a weather map effect to the GBA games might be a little bit difficult or out of their way but since gaming is getting better in various ways (mainly graphics) one would think that the major console games would get enhanced graphical aspects added to them.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

user posted image

New battle scene after my finished take on the (failed) statsheet for FE4R. (Since we were talking of weather, I should have added some or something, but oh well.)
user posted image

Currently working on:

#14 seph1212

seph1212

Am I supposed to laugh at that?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

OH. PEOPLE, POST ON THIS AWESOME STUFF.

It does look brilliant.

I think it was very smart to use a GS background for it, as it fits with the colors and the characters, as well as the ground tiles they're standing on.

Also.

I do enjoy that little pattern you put into the orbs.

Makes it seem more medeival.

ALSO!

YOU should try to make more battle animations.

One thing I've noticed in all your battle scenes is that you make extremely creative sprites for characters, but there's never an animation. I've seen the one animation you made, and it's very well done. I think you'd make great animations.

(There, I have given my opinion of your awesome battle scene ^__^)
user posted image
Credit to AoDnightshade of FEND for the EPIC banner.

Check out my Let's Plays:
http://www.youtube.c...12?feature=mhw4

Also, check out my Let's Play of Tactics Universe:
http://www.youtube.c...5DFE81942978E33

I hope you enjoy!

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:40 AM

It's pretty awesome. Only complaint is that for longer names the text would be slightly harder to see due to the texture of the bricks.

Everything else is pretty awesome. I wonder how it'd look if it had a full-sized background as opposed to the typica GBA FE style ones. not just because of my DS battle bg hack either

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Inside a giant Mecha, fighting monsters in your city.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

It looks pretty awesome, really. It is very full, it has way more than any of the GBA FE battle frames, that is definitely for sure.

And...mind providing me something? Can you provide me a version of that frame alone, with no battle going on? I want to test if it is insertable. Should be.
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)
No Grey you have gay needs

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)
BECAUSE HE CAN CREATE ALL LIFE AND ALL EXISTANCE, BUT HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

#17 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

It's pretty awesome. Only complaint is that for longer names the text would be slightly harder to see due to the texture of the bricks.

Everything else is pretty awesome. I wonder how it'd look if it had a full-sized background as opposed to the typica GBA FE style ones. not just because of my DS battle bg hack either

Yeah, I could see the text issue being a problem. Well, the borders anyway. I'm pretty sure that the text will stand out, given that it's white set against a darker background, but I guess the only thing I could do to check would be to throw a test name in and see.

Eh, I'm not personally a fan of the backgrounds used in FE11. They don't have enough visible depth to them (well, at least some of them don't) to really work as backgrounds, IMHO. I mean, I could have not added the top and bottom fades to the Golden Sun background, but the GBA-style scene just looks better when it matches up to the existing engine style a bit.

It looks pretty awesome, really. It is very full, it has way more than any of the GBA FE battle frames, that is definitely for sure.

And...mind providing me something? Can you provide me a version of that frame alone, with no battle going on? I want to test if it is insertable. Should be.

The frame is nearly identical to the one that was posted in the topic in Fire Emblem Editing. The only things that have changed are the shading on the circles (diameter/height hasn't), the color of the area where the weapons go, and the addition of the flags over top of the towers (with possibly a few touch ups here and there). Since the original intended version wouldn't fit without needing to be altered, I doubt that this personal finalized version will fit either.

EDIT - Just because I can: (Altered number values and HP Bars not included.)
user posted image
user posted image

Currently working on:

#18 Lord Glenn

Lord Glenn

Planning Dynamo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Urgh, bumped off of the first page. Oh well. Cue cross-post.

user posted image

What's this? A map!? (Not like I really make these very often...)

Yeah, I made this a couple of years ago and never really posted it up or anything. So, since I don't really have a lot to post at the moment while I work on a new template for FE4R, you guys get this.
user posted image

Currently working on:

#19 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

On the left stairs, the bottom two columns' bases are right next to each other, while the top two columns' bases are not. Of course, what you did makes sense for gameplay (same width) and I don't know that you'd really care to fix up a few-years-old map.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#20 Luna

Luna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

You have wacky height problems on that first floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users