Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

A shitshow just happened

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

It has been dealt with, hopefully it won't happen again

Blazer outlined most of it in this post on SF: http://serenesforest...showtopic=67612

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#2 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

So glad that was over and done with before I got on. Especially in the chatroom. >_>

Very terrible. Not surprised at all about most of the individuals involved, except Arch. He seems to imply he was drunk in his apology, although he's honorably not blaming that on his actions.

IUfb9Eg.png

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

Holy--

(Preface - this is all written after the entire topic on SF.  Also worth noting that I don't use Discord at all, so my personal investigation skills are limited to this forum)

Mod message

So...yeah. 

I am actually more disappointed more than anything else about all this.  I mean, I get drunkenness.  I get black humour, busting balls, and the like.  But I am really quite disappointed by the actions.  It's tough to articulate...but I think the best way for me to put it is that I like to see the best in people.  I'm an optimist even if the situation doesn't call for it.  And in this situation, I feel the same is warranted.  But it still doesn't sit well. 

I feel I should attempt to see the best of it.  I try to view this as a night of drunken revelry which got out of hand.  But I feel that shitposting and the other arguments of trolling used there are a little less than satisfying.  Again, I want to view this in the nicest way I can...but it doesn't stick well with me. Trolling and shitposting are acts of playing a con.  I'm an old man on the internet (just a bit older than Blazer) and I consider trolling a long game.  You have to pick an objectionable opinion that you know will offend people and stick to it for a long time.  Revel in the frustration of them debating you or taking you seriously.

As such, I see it more as an act of vandalism than trolling or shitposting gone wrong.

Regardless, Blazer has taken the public front on other forums.  He's the legitimate admin on this site (whereas my role is more for day-to-day activity on this forum) and has addressed the issue to a satisfactory degree.  Figured it'd be worth letting everyone know I wasn't dead yesterday.  Just buried in books.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:49 AM

I had no idea.... Now I'm just furious. People fucked with my friends... To angry to type anything appropriate so I'll leave it there.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

For the most part, I'm not particularly surprised any of it happened, especially when I saw the individuals involved. What does actually bother me is that A CERTAIN SOMEONE actually posted in Zak's topics about his late friends and acted...inappropriately, to say the least, about the whole matter. The fact that he did this really proved to me that he hasn't changed at all and that I'm right to continue avoiding him like I did in the old days. (Also, his apology on serenes made it all the more clear that he wasn't even remotely sorry.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

While I have no background with most of these individuals, correlating the archived images of the exchange and the comments on the SF topic would yield a similar conclusion to me.  Namely, the individual seemed more sorry they were punished for the action, not sorry for the actual course of events. 

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#7 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

That's what I expect most apologies to be about. What I am a bit surprised by is that Arch apparently gave up leadership over at FEU for this considering Arch didn't really do anything much at all during said raid(from what I remember witnessing it in person), but I suppose it was their responsibility to dissuade it too...

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

That's what I expect most apologies to be about. What I am a bit surprised by is that Arch apparently gave up leadership over at FEU for this considering Arch didn't really do anything much at all during said raid(from what I remember witnessing it in person), but I suppose it was their responsibility to dissuade it too...

He might have been encouraging it behind the scenes.

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

Well, that's... surprising, in the worst way possible. Something I didn't expect to ever see in this community, I haven't heard a story like this even from the WoW community*, which is understandably filled with garbage because it has millions upon millions of people, so those guys hit a new low.

I'm also surprised with how well you handled with it and reported the situation, Blazer, I don't know if I'd do the same if I had a stronger connection to this place and were on your shoes.

* Then again, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?

I had no idea.... Now I'm just furious. People fucked with my friends... To angry to type anything appropriate so I'll leave it there.

Now, that's the most Fire Emblem thing I've seen someone say in these forums lately. (Don't mean anything bad by it, just sharing my amusement.) 

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:29 AM

I feel ya dude. I don't get upset much about personal stuff but it irrationally upsets me when people badmouth people I actually care about.

For the most part, I'm not particularly surprised any of it happened, especially when I saw the individuals involved. What does actually bother me is that A CERTAIN SOMEONE actually posted in Zak's topics about his late friends and acted...inappropriately, to say the least, about the whole matter. The fact that he did this really proved to me that he hasn't changed at all and that I'm right to continue avoiding him like I did in the old days. (Also, his apology on serenes made it all the more clear that he wasn't even remotely sorry.)

While I have no background with most of these individuals, correlating the archived images of the exchange and the comments on the SF topic would yield a similar conclusion to me.  Namely, the individual seemed more sorry they were punished for the action, not sorry for the actual course of events. 

sounds about right which is why I liked your posts

yeah, that was an interesting choice. not like i asked for any kind of punishment or anything, so this was just something they did.

He might have been encouraging it behind the scenes.

I wouldn't put it past him, but I don't want to assume, since we don't know

Well, that's... surprising, in the worst way possible. Something I didn't expect to ever see in this community, I haven't heard a story like this even from the WoW community*, which is understandably filled with garbage because it has millions upon millions of people, so those guys hit a new low.

I'm also surprised with how well you handled with it and reported the situation, Blazer, I don't know if I'd do the same if I had a stronger connection to this place and were on your shoes.

* Then again, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?

Now, that's the most Fire Emblem thing I've seen someone say in these forums lately. (Don't mean anything bad by it, just sharing my amusement.) 

haha, it might have happened at some point but perhaps it's so big you wouldn't know

but yeah, in the end a community is just a group of individuals, so in that sense like... anything can happen, if all it takes to reflect on a community is the action of a small number of its individuals.

what do you mean about the attention thing? XD. I was relatively calm because I've been modding since I was young so I learned through experience how to deal with crap. I learned the hard way, by making lots of mistakes and getting into fights and such and being overly dramatic and emotional at times, lol. It's not like I wasn't disturbed by it or didn't hate it, but in the end getting super upset about it wouldn't have really done anything to help me anyway, in the sense that if I can control my anger I might as well and that comes across better to others in terms of communication and whatnot *shrug*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

what do you mean about the attention thing? XD. I was relatively calm because I've been modding since I was young so I learned through experience how to deal with crap. I learned the hard way, by making lots of mistakes and getting into fights and such and being overly dramatic and emotional at times, lol. It's not like I wasn't disturbed by it or didn't hate it, but in the end getting super upset about it wouldn't have really done anything to help me anyway, in the sense that if I can control my anger I might as well and that comes across better to others in terms of communication and whatnot *shrug*

Um... the only thing I said about attention was that maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to WoW's community to spot a case similar to what happened here. Maybe you meant the "connection" part? What I meant by it was that, if I felt a connection to this forum and the people here on the same level as you and the others, I'd probably be very pissed and wouldn't have been able to deal with this as well as you did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users