Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

My first splice! (New colors later atleast for armor)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

It's just something that you learn through experience, and some quality spriting time.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#22 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Drama, FE, Shakespeare, computer stuff, rock climbing, video games in general (mainly shooters)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:44 AM

user posted image

Just a recolor of Canas. I made it to be me, but I didn't know how to remove the monocle.

The only part I don't like too much is part of the trimming.

user posted image

My first attempt to create a scar. I think the neck shading is decent, but that's probably just because I made, so someone's thoughts would be helpful smile.gif.
user posted image

"My High School girlfriend recently told me that I kiss like a stroke victim, which is weird that she has like that frame of reference you know? But you know I stopped and thought, you know, 'What would Jesus do?' so I didn't exist.

Just kidding, I took her out to dinner, ordered the bread, and told her to eat me."

-Bo Burnham

#23 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:37 AM

The two lighter shades on his cloak are WAY to close. Right now it looks really flat. Oh, and for monocle removal, that would require you to remake that eye, so...

Edit: For the scar... I dunno, I'm not very good at scars myself I've never actually tried one, actually but that one doesn't really fit his face. It doesn't curve with it and is just in a weird place.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#24 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Drama, FE, Shakespeare, computer stuff, rock climbing, video games in general (mainly shooters)

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:58 AM

user posted image

Is that better?

And I have no idea how to make a scar, so advice/tips would be great!
user posted image

"My High School girlfriend recently told me that I kiss like a stroke victim, which is weird that she has like that frame of reference you know? But you know I stopped and thought, you know, 'What would Jesus do?' so I didn't exist.

Just kidding, I took her out to dinner, ordered the bread, and told her to eat me."

-Bo Burnham

#25 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Much better.
But can I ask where you got those colors from? They don't seem to quite match FE colors. Or maybe I've just been staring at it to closely.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#26 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

The two dark greens are from someone, but the light green is just a lighter shade of the lightest dark green. I'll look for a color from an actual character.

user posted image

Which one is the best?
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#27 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:33 AM

3rd, in my opinion. But, it's just a recolor, so...yeah...

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#28 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

It's been a while, so:

user posted image

I'm 90% sure that the head is too big, but when I noticed I was too far into it to give up. I used Hector's eyes, my first try at eyes, so critiques are appreciated. The only other problem that I see might be the neck shading, cause I'm just fail at that.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#29 Dave Strider

Dave Strider

Knight of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:life, the universe, and everything

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

... yeah, the head looks really weird there. It doesn't look like they're at the same angle and it's too big.

I do't actually make mugs though...
This won't be removed unil I feel like it- started 10/24/2009
user posted image
--
QUOTE (Felover3 @ December 20, 2009 06:50 pm)
Captain Pheonix Wright to High Tier!
What's that, you say he isn't a Captain?
OBJECTION!

#30 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

user posted image

here's another. I don't like the scarf/cape thing, but that could be jjust me. I changed the mouth with hector's, lowen's armor, and Rolands hair color. This was probably one of my more complicated attempts at splicing.

user posted image

My first time with FE8 sprites. I recolored and added the sash. the shoulder looks messed up, but I was trying to keep it the same as the original shoulder pad.

user posted image

I recolored Karel with FE8 colors. This took forever trying to find similar colors. I think it looks pretty good, but it is jusy a recolor...
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#31 Dave Strider

Dave Strider

Knight of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:life, the universe, and everything

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

1st: How the heck did you get the cape there if you used Lowen's armor...? Anyways, I think this is one of your best so far, Roland's hair complements the reads well, and the angle's look similar. I see the people you listed, and Kent was obviously the base, right? Good job!

2nd: The head angle is kinda wierd compared to the rest of it, but it's pretty good otherwise. I see Forde's face and Joshua's hair color.

3rd: Aggh. I honestly don't think those colors look good with Karel, but it's mostly the hair. Also, the edges are kinda iffy in this one.
This won't be removed unil I feel like it- started 10/24/2009
user posted image
--
QUOTE (Felover3 @ December 20, 2009 06:50 pm)
Captain Pheonix Wright to High Tier!
What's that, you say he isn't a Captain?
OBJECTION!

#32 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

user posted image

New splice. I added the hood to the armor, but I think it looks a little too big. As always, comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#33 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

The face and hood are at different angles. However, the hood and armor fit very well. With the right head, it could be a very high quality splice. And not too easily recognizable, either.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#34 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

Since this is a mug I'm making for my brother, I took your advice.

user posted image

Numbered so it is easier to comment. I know some of the faces don't work, but I just added the faces my brother wanted.

Personally, I think the ones with beards look the best.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#35 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

user posted image

I changed Caelach's outfit and tried to give him a "neater" haircut.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#36 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

user posted image

Another attempt at a hood. I also gave him a soul patch (I think that's what it's called), the smile ( it doesn't look right), and recolored the outfit.
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

#37 colin345

colin345

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

Sorry for QP, but I won't be adding for a while, so I just wanted to put it on the top of the list.

user posted image

It is pretty complicated (at least the head). The hair needs work, but I think everything is pretty good. My first attempt at multi spliced hair, so I need some advice.

user posted image

Here's one where I made a shirt, because my brother said he looked like a man-whore...
user posted image

-Bo Burnham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users