Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Mandatory SSB Roster Discussion

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Who do you think should be in the next Super Smash Bros.?

The more details the more we will respect your opinion (probably).

Like if you suggest Naruto we'll laugh in your face

but if you say Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles because he's from a great Wii game and could totally fit into a game like this and is a main character then we might feel like there's actually some reasoning behind it and therefore it might happen or it's at least worth thinking about lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 boney

boney

noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

I'm gonna say something that people don't seem to think much about

There should definitely be a Super Mario Galaxy based stage. Something cool like Freeze-Flame Galaxy or a Bowser level.

#3 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Mario 64 or Sunshine should've been a level at some point. That they weren't is a bit saddening, as both could be Pokemon Stadium-type stages. All the same, Galaxy works too. The only reason that it didn't come to mind sooner is that I haven't played it.

As for characters... Chrom seems a logical choice, given Roy and Ike. Perhaps we'll get some Gen 5 Pokémon (Zoroark?), or even Gen 6 if it comes out before then. I'd personally like to see Pokemon Trainer reworked so that his color schemes cycle through each gen's starters with the same moveset for nostalgia's sake, but that seems unlikely. I'd also like Luigi to get a Poltergust 3000-themed move, perhaps absorbing energy attacks and being able to deploy them later, like in the original Luigi's Mansion? (I have no idea if that feature is in the sequel as I haven't played it.)

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Boney99 @ May 13 2013, 11:03 PM)
I'm gonna say something that people don't seem to think much about

There should definitely be a Super Mario Galaxy based stage. Something cool like Freeze-Flame Galaxy or a Bowser level.

Agreed. We need SMG stage.

We could also have Grima be a stage where we fight on his back and occasionally shoots at us.
If they're going to put someone from XC then it should be Dunban because he's Dunban.

I would love to see Kumatora from Mother 3 but that will never happen.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Marth is the premier SSB FE character, so if Ike's return isn't guaranteed, then it's going to be Marth + Roy/Ike/Chrom.

Even though I seriously doubt Roy returning, I'd rather see him in it than Chrom or Ike, personally.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Nah, Roy was just a Marth clone with self-damaging moves. Personally I would want Chrom in because new lord and stuff. Oh! I know put Priam in, then people who want a character from the new game and people who want Ike will be happy. *shot*

Posted Image

#7 Echo-279

Echo-279

The Gray Ghost.

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

The Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter.
Give him a greatsword or a gunlance, while keeping his char name Monster Hunter.
Also give us Alatreon's sacred land as a stage.
Darkness will reclaim what the Light had created.

I will not remove this until i beat Bloody Palace mode in DMC 3.

" Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to? think they're invincible...I bet you do too, Buddy."

QUOTE (Rujio @ Jun 16 2013, 05:22 PM)
Welcome to FEShrine, where our core members are lurkers and bots.

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Feb 20 2013, 05:01 AM)
I hate you, Ryoku. Jk. Happy birthday, Ryoku! Hope you have a long and fulfilling year ahead of you.

Quote it

user posted image

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ May 13 2013, 11:23 PM)
Mario 64 or Sunshine should've been a level at some point. That they weren't is a bit saddening, as both could be Pokemon Stadium-type stages. All the same, Galaxy works too. The only reason that it didn't come to mind sooner is that I haven't played it.

As for characters... Chrom seems a logical choice, given Roy and Ike. Perhaps we'll get some Gen 5 Pokémon (Zoroark?), or even Gen 6 if it comes out before then. I'd personally like to see Pokemon Trainer reworked so that his color schemes cycle through each gen's starters with the same moveset for nostalgia's sake, but that seems unlikely. I'd also like Luigi to get a Poltergust 3000-themed move, perhaps absorbing energy attacks and being able to deploy them later, like in the original Luigi's Mansion? (I have no idea if that feature is in the sequel as I haven't played it.)

Pretty sure they're going to put in 6th generation Pokemon since that game is coming out in October and that's before this game will come out. Plus it's promotion for the newest game. It would be awesome if they put Ray 01 from Custom Robo in this game. They already made an assist trophy for him, now make him an actual playable character!

Posted Image

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

so we have (not including characters returning from Brawl just kinda assuming they will return)

- Shulk
- 6th Generation Pokemon
- Roy
- Chrom

How do you guys feel about

Isaac from Golden Sun (more than just a minor appearance this time lol)

and

Shadow from the Sonic series (to complement Sonic obviously)

and

Dr. Eggman also from the Sonic series (^^)

and

Jude from the upcoming Tales of Xillia game because IIRC Namco Bandai is working on the next Smash or something and they're very well-known for their Tales of series

and maybe as cameos (i.e. they're unlikely to be main characters unless Nintendo expands their borders in terms of what characters from what franchises they accept but it'd be cool and I would love if they WERE main characters)

Sora (and maybe Riku) from Kingdom Hearts

Neku from TWEWY with cameos from his partners as well if he was the main character (he could "summon" them as part of his moveset and his final smash would be all of them put together biggrin.gif)

Mega Man from Mega Man/Rockman

Any major Tales character (there are so many to choose from ._.)

Another Hunter from the Metroid series? (Don't think someone like Ridley or Brain would cut it as anything but a boss)

It's been forever since I've played a Donkey Kong game but perhaps another DK character

Raiden to support Snake

Siegfried from The Last Promise

Also Marth should have a masked marth alternate costume as a reference to the identity of Masked Marth from FE:A (though obviously Boney will object because he can't keep it to himself lol unless my reverse psychology works and this side-comment makes him hold it in)

Oh yeah and Magnus from Kid Icarus to support Pit

Krystal from Star Fox

...I should stop here before I end discussions with all my possibilities lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

I support Issac, but the support characters for the cameo characters... well, if they were introduced, that would mean that they were taking more of a "residence" in the otherwise all-Nintendo game, if you will. It would also make more cameo characters likely to show up due to SSB having established a background of doing that, in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see which way that goes.

Spoiler

#11 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Unless they change Roy's moveset no want.

Also I'm pretty sure Sakurai said that he only wanted one 3rd party character from a third party developer. If we add Shadow and Eggman it becomes less of a Nintendo all-star brawler.

Also if Namco were to add anyone the most popular would be Pacman. That is infinitely more popular than Tales of. Also if they added a Tales character then it would either be Lloyd or Emile from the Symphonia series since they were the only ones on a Nintendo console. (Asbel is sorta but the more popular version is the PS3 remake)

Megaman probably has a good chance of being added as the new third party character.

Magnus totally. And make Pit's moves more like his uprising version.

They should focus on making the Star Fox characters not clones of each other before even thinking about adding a new character.

Posted Image

#12 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

The Star Fox clones aren't really a big deal, imo. I don't remember what Wolf's deal was, but IIRC Falco was the slower, stronger Fox, and I like having the ability to choose between the two situationaly. Same goes for like every other set of clones.

Spoiler

#13 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Clones are just a lazy way of adding in more characters.

Posted Image

#14 boney

boney

noob

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ May 14 2013, 12:23 AM)
Mario 64 or Sunshine should've been a level at some point. That they weren't is a bit saddening, as both could be Pokemon Stadium-type stages.

No, they did. Melee had Rainbow Cruise for Mario 64, and Brawl had Delfino Plaza for Sunshine.

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ May 14 2013, 09:00 AM)
It would be awesome if they put Ray 01 from Custom Robo in this game.

I would fall in love all over again...

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 14 2013, 11:09 AM)

Also Marth should have a masked marth alternate costume as a reference to the identity of Masked Marth from FE:A (though obviously Boney will object because he can't keep it to himself lol unless my reverse psychology works and this side-comment makes him hold it in)

No, I wouldn't object. I just hope they don't replace Marth with Lucina. That would be the worst thing that could happen. Brawl already ruined my 2 other favorite characters, which were Jigglypuff and Ganondorf.

#15 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ May 14 2013, 11:41 AM)

The moveset similarities are forgivable because of the differences in strength and speed that I mentioned. In any case, it's better to have the clone characters as clones than not at all.

QUOTE (Boney99 @ May 14 2013, 12:12 PM)
No, they did. Melee had Rainbow Cruise for Mario 64, and Brawl had Delfino Plaza for Sunshine.

My bad, I meant that I would have liked to see the levels in the portraits/graffiti come into play and change between eachother.

Spoiler

#16 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 14 2013, 10:09 AM)
Raiden to support Snake

I agree with another Metal Gear character but maybe someone like Ocelot instead. I just think that it would be to easy for them to make Raiden a Snake clone.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#17 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ May 14 2013, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (ShadowCero @ May 14 2013, 11:41 AM)

The moveset similarities are forgivable because of the differences in strength and speed that I mentioned. In any case, it's better to have the clone characters as clones than not at all.

I'd rather have 8 vast of unique and different fighters than 80 fighters with 80% of them being clones.

Posted Image

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

^highly exaggerated example that I can't respect

personally I don't mind clones because if it weren't for "clones" we wouldn't have had Young Link, Roy, Falco, and Ganondorf, which were all fun characters for me (though sadly two of them got cut-out)

also most of my suggestions aren't very likely, my idea behind them was to have fun giving suggestions and thinking about the possibilities, likely or not, because let's be honest, the roster between Brawl and SSB4 likely aren't going to be vastly different, it's mostly going to be returning characters with some new characters, but we can still dream tongue.gif

In terms of likely suggestions

I can actually see another Kid Icarus character though I wouldn't say it's a guarantee, just a possibility, as I mentioned Magnus is a choice

Another Pokemon character perhaps to replace Jigglypuff since they already have 4 and Jigglypuff isn't really a Pokemon star or anything anymoreis also possible with the release of X and Y

And I'd say Chrom is rather likely to go up there though I might be biased in how much attention I give to the FE series

Can't really think of much else, a lot of the main series already have characters so it's hard to say unless they plan on increasing how many characters there are to represent a series/franchise

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ May 13 2013, 11:23 PM)
Mario 64

you play ontop of the castle in SSBM
Posted Image

#20 AbsolutelyTotalSilence

AbsolutelyTotalSilence

Hawk King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Zelda and Metroid among other things. Probably tied with Blazer for "FES member most anticipating a TWEWY appearance at E3". THERE'S STILL HOPE GUYS

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

My thoughts are:
Jigglypuff, as with the entire SSB64 cast, is going to return, even if I don't like Jigglypuff very much at all, because the veterans have permanent spots on the roster. If they cut Diddy Kong, however, I really won't complain about it.
If they replace Ike with Chrom, they're probably going to make Chrom really slow so as to not be a Marth clone, just like they did with Ike.
Lucario was cool, but it wouldn't surprise me if they replaced him with Mewtwo, especially after this guy was announced.
I'd like to see some classic stages return, like Melee's Termina, Fourside, Poke Floats, and Brinstar Depths. Even if the latter two are about as far from competitive play as it gets, they were still fun.

As far as new characters, Isaac would be awesome, and would actually have a really unique playing style. If they do put in more third party characters, I think classic Megaman would be the best choice, considering that pretty much the entire classic series was on the NES, followed by 2 games on the Super Nintendo and the fairly recent WiiWare MM9/10. He'd actually be relevant to Smash Bros instead of being thrown onto the roster as fanservice like Naruto, Darth Vader, or Ezio Auditore would be. *cough, cough* SoulCalibur, I'm looking at you *cough*

Megaman Zero's awesome too, of course, but he's already been in several Capcom crossovers. Classic Megaman hasn't been playable in a Capcom Vs. in 13 years, so it'd be only fair.
click for random quotes (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Scott: at this point we're going to have iron, steel, and silver vulneraries

Silence: if nyan cats start showing up on my lawn it's your fault
Gold: O_o

jboney93: Not very much, cause girls don't tend to try to sing much higher in pitch than they can talk.
Edmania: clearly you haven't listened to enough japanese pop music

Agent Ryru: For example, you would have a hard time exciting me with a concept for a FPS game
Agent Ryru: But on the other hand even I would have to admit said game could be awesome.
Agent Ryru: Like portal, for example
Agent Ryru: And...
Agent Ryru: ...there must be some other amazing FPS game...
Agent Ryru: Oh right.
Agent Ryru: Portal 2!

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users