Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Let’s Play: The Last Promise

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#21 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 15 2013, 04:25 AM)
Tamiko! You're getting buffier! Let me hide behind you...

gahahahah

I wonder if Shu knows I referenced him in this game (Tino as well lol two of my most honored staff members tongue.gif)

Also I like the Boulder but I don't really get this line

THE BOULDER is one the case.

Lastly I think that shop is glitched XD good thing you took a screenshot since you didn't seem to notice yourself tongue.gif it should be selling more than just an iron sword, I suppose it'll require some old-fashioned work (getting an old ROM out, finding a savestate, and trying out the shop to see what it's SUPPOSED to have, then trying to fix it lol)

Kevin is THE BOULDER. He rolls over all the things. Also. That was a typo.

#22 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Huh, I could have sworn Kevin wasn't an essential character the first time I killed him without knowing he was recruitable. (The game just continued, IIRC, but I also recall resetting pretty soon after hearing the sad death music telling me you can talk to the guy, so eh.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#23 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

This is great!

I like the comedic screenshot let's plays. though it is not really a let's play

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#24 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

There are different styles of let's plays y'know XD

Anyhow okay it was a typo DH but what was it supposed to say?

... *checks above post*

ah it's been fixed

rofl wow I should've figured out what it was supposed to say on my own XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#25 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 15 2013, 07:05 PM)
There are different styles of let's plays y'know XD

Well he is not really including the audience from what I have currently seen which is a "Let's Play" as in everyone playing. The entire term of Let's Playing sort of deteriorated to just people playing a game with commentary. though some people do this and call it a walkthrough

Posted Image

#26 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Welcome back to Let’s Play: The Last Promise.

Chapter 5

user posted image

Alright, we start off with Siegfried talking to Haas about the state of the war. Something about how the native tribes are up in arms against one another. Haas thinks it bad.

user posted image

So says Haas. Wise words Haas.

user posted image

You know, I forgot to start counting how many times Siegfried doesn't think something through. He ignores common sense. Well...I guess we're attacking the enemy, head on. Again.

user posted image

...I think we're fighting mages guys.

user posted image

This guy is glorious. Send us the one Monk with purple hair, just put him on guard duty immediately by the door. Then, sit on the throne. But don't just sit on it, sit on it while riding a horse. So, mysterious Monk! Will we have to recruit you with a talk?

user posted image

Oh. So you talk to us and say you're strong against other mages. Okay. I guess that works. Let's start the chapter.

user posted image

Holy crap that resistance. I've never used Arthur before and in every play through prior to this one he gets benched. Worse yet! He gets benched in THIS MODE. It's awful isn't it? But for once, I'll use him.

user posted image

6 skill means he's Skilled. Or maybe it's his ability to make a horse sit on a throne? I'm not sure. Anyway, this guy isn't very impressive. Alright, so let's take care of the archers before us. Inanna has a problem with these guys... She's starting to look a little shaky.

user posted image

GROWTHS. Tamiko...I need you to start bashing their brains in. Come on. Please? You're as fast as the Cavalier.

user posted image

AH! The enemy has flanked us! Siegfried! Ki- Oh. They're NPC allies. Whew. This guys name is Storm. He's rather okay, he's got some awesome green hair though. Let's take our time.

user posted image

Alright, so Arthur is tanking the stuff here and now we're being flanked. Now the thing that sucks about these reinforcements is they can't be farmed. They give no EXP and are strong enough to actually do damage. In other words, Let's hurry our asses up.

user posted image

A lot smaller than I anticipated here. Three level 7s and a level 2. Overall, mediocre growths. Nothing amazing here. MOVING ON.

user posted image

Hey! What are you doing! Stop it! You're suppose to be down there fighting! Stupid AI! Stop that. Retreating to Tami and all! Stop it! Die for DeeAych!

user posted image

Maybe you will get some use my Purple haired friend. Tami, I still love you.

user posted image

Kevin? What did you find there. A magical amulet and the key to Chapter 5x? Oh ho! Incidentally we'll be picking up a Draco shield as well.

user posted image

It's an okay growth. Hmmm... Inanna. You look concerned. Why? What's wrong?

user posted image

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Okay! Better hurry up since they're all dead.

user posted image

This sucker survived a round of combat. Shon missed an 84% hit. I'm disappointed in you Shon. =_=

user posted image

And now I'm somewhat pleased with the STR growth... Now let's seize the throne before the enemy turns Inanna into a pincushion.

user posted image

Siegfried: "Over Protective Father, Poor Strategist, Little Girl Fettish, Bad With Names.

user posted image

Impressive, it worked... I hope he realizes sooner that kicking open every door isn't a good idea buuuuut I've learned to be disappointed in Siegfried. There'll be alot more kicking the door in, I'm sure.

user posted image

Purple and Green hair. Our victory is ensured.

user posted image

A small aside for our enemies. We learn the identity of the count of the land as well as the fact that this guy, Howard, is relocating himself temporarily. I wonder how that'll turn out. Anyway, that's it for this chapter.

user posted image

Chapter 5x is next.

BONUS

Who should get the two stat items I picked up? +2 Defense and +2 Resistance. Your votes count

#27 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Give them both to THE BOULDER. He will be more of a BOULDER!

Posted Image

#28 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Talisman to boulder, Draco shield to Shuuda.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

^I'm with Lancer, they could both use it (Shuuda IMO is a fragile offensive powerhouse... "glass cannon", I think they call it?)

Great chapter btw, those level-ups were soooo bad though, minus the Arthur one lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

user posted image

Welcome back to another installment of Let's Play: Shon Kills All The Bad Guys. Let's Play: The Last Promise.

user posted image

Meanwhile at the Legion of Do- Oh. Well, I guess Abandoned Fortress works too.

user posted image

Well, I suppose it's a sound and secure place. I mean, what cou- Oh. We're being followed. Thanks for beating them to the punch.

user posted image

Ohhhh yeah! Coming to penetrate all the rebels. With his golden tip... and golden thrust. I'll stop now... Please stay.

user posted image

So if we run we lose and if we fight we lose...

user posted image

Oh! We get to choose. To fight or fly. Siegfried, I'm taking the reigns. You are not charging head first into battle.

user posted image

WOW! That was a short chapter. I guess I'll see you guys next time. Stay tuned.

JUST KIDDING!

user posted image

I'm all about making Siegfried stay in character. So, head first into their ranks we go.

user posted image

Always fighting on sleep deprivation. It's what the cool kids do.

user posted image

Alright a new objective. Survive. What are we surviving against?

user posted image

Crap. Okay. Let's start the chapter!

user posted image

Our current line up.

user posted image

A more in depth look at Storm. Storm is a nomad and gets his own personal weapon, one that gives him a +2 to speed. It's a pretty neat implementation on top of that Storm tends to be pretty useful. Usually I dislike Archers, however due to the fact a short bow allows you to attack in melee and allows you to counter attack a lot of my dislike disappears.

However, the downside to Storm and also Arthur is that they rejoin in chapter 21. But, I'll be using these two none the less in this mode.

user posted image

Cid, The Golden Spear/The Gold Halberdier. We've heard a lot about this guy. He's stronger than everyone. BUT THAT ISN'T GOING TO STOP ME FROM KILLING HIM!

user posted image

That didn't go so well. RESTART!

user posted image

Let's look at landmarks. A strange temple and an arena of all things. Let's head to the temple and maybe possibly screw with the arena.

user posted image

Oh and before we forget. Shuuda, have a Dracoshield. THE BOULDER can have a talisman. Here's also the defensive position at the end of the round. Let's see if it holds.

user posted image

Them fighting words.

user posted image

My oh my! I wonder who this DEVILISHLY HANDSOME character is? Hmmm, we'll get to that later. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my mouth.

So let's see. Inanna, he may seem cold but I assure you he means well for your person. He informs you that being here will kill you, but he remains there yet. Odd. I wonder what he's doing in there...probably something illegal. Hell, even ominious music plays at this part.

But, this man is kind enough to leave us with a Killing Edge! NEAT! Moving on!

user posted image

End of the next turn!

user posted image

GROWTHS! EN MASS! THE BOULDER is MORE of a BOULDER! Storm does well. Shuuda is mediocre. Arthur is okay. I love you to death Tamiko. And Storm...gotta go fast.

user posted image

NO! SHUUDA! IT'S SUICIDE! I'M SORRY! Don't do that! You'll never win! He's promoted!

user posted image

And Cid just sits there, like a jackass.

"Hahahaha! I could end their little fun on my own but..."

I bet that guy in the temple is no better. But at least he has an excuse...(probably not a good one.)

user posted image

No! Shuuda! You can't! There's too many of them! I love you! Don't do this! I'm sorry I called you mediocre! Wait...what's this?!

user posted image

Shon: "GET DUNKED!"

user posted image

Well, he did get there fast didn't he? Impressive. Our first promoted unit killed. Unfortunately, we were left open. The wheel of fate is turning.

user posted image

Storm. To understand how lucky he was, he just took 5 consecutive attacks in a row. All of which were between 30-50% in hit chance. Two of those units were killed by Storm. Storm apparently doesn't take shit from anyone.

user posted image

All you really need is Strength and Speed. Tami is our little tank. ^^ And Shuuda is...he's doing okay. No more suicide missions buddy.

user posted image

Advance on the enemy! We only have a few turns to "Survive" left. Huh. Arthur? Where are you going?

user posted image

Arthur, taking up pit fighting on the side while we're under siege. You're a monk dammit! Also, I noticed that the enemy palette for the mercenary strongly resembled a doom enemy. It's gotta be the green hair and red.

user posted image

I like this. Do this more.

user posted image

More pit fighting. Impressive good sir!

user posted image

I'd hope you'd consider us tough after we murdered the hell out of almost everyone.

user posted image

Geee. I hope I don't encounter any nomad. Archers sure do suck when I only have two men left.

user posted image

Cid: "You two! Let's go!"

General 2: "Why didn't you step in?"

General 3: "Yeah, they killed Mike pretty hard...I mean. We respect your orders but really? Would it kill you to move a little?"

Cid: "...I said move."

Anyway! That's Chapter 5x in a nutshell. Stay tuned for Chapter 6.

#31 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Dang, you actually used the arena in this chapter? I was too busy just trying to keep everyone alive. >_> (And I didn't think of doing anything as far as killing off a promoted unit...)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#32 Germanicus

Germanicus

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:fire emblem<br>running<br>most rpgs (radiata stories, skies of arcadia, and so on)<br>the ladies(of course)<br>History

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ha! The Boulder reminds me of an Avatar reference.

This is a very entertaining LP. Never noticed what a sadistic jerk Siegfried was.

#33 Lancer

Lancer

Scrub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Things not related to school. Except English and art. Possibly history as well.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I like how Boulder's resistance is almost as high as most of your units' defense.

TLPMiniBanner.png

vkWfJfS.png

SUP

#34 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm going to photoshop him with Kevin's face.

#35 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

lolol nice joke there, when I saw the blank space it sort of gave it away XD

Kevin's speed seems to really be slacking ohmy.gif his def looks good though. 16? I approve. Surprisingly his res is 3 higher than his speed though. XD

+3 stats -> "Storm does well"
+4 stats -> "Arthur is okay"

XD

...Man your growths aren't that good XD I'm used to seeing a little more than this tongue.gif

LOL@Mercenary and doom enemy XD

ahahaha nice ending, you made it pretty far, I usually am stuck defending for the majority of the chapter (apparently I stink at my own game XD)

just wait until chaos mode

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#36 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 19 2013, 10:33 PM)
lolol nice joke there, when I saw the blank space it sort of gave it away XD

Kevin's speed seems to really be slacking ohmy.gif his def looks good though. 16? I approve. Surprisingly his res is 3 higher than his speed though. XD

+3 stats -> "Storm does well"
+4 stats -> "Arthur is okay"

XD

...Man your growths aren't that good XD I'm used to seeing a little more than this tongue.gif

LOL@Mercenary and doom enemy XD

ahahaha nice ending, you made it pretty far, I usually am stuck defending for the majority of the chapter (apparently I stink at my own game XD)

just wait until chaos mode

I'm looking very forward to it and yeah. My growths have been crap for the most part. We'll see how they go. I'm really glad I'm getting a bit of a following here. Especially after that last chapter. ^^

#37 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

What, first LoL references, and now BlazBlue? This threat could literally not get any better~.

Also, hooray for suspicious men in ancient ruins! If they've got Killing Edges to hand out, they're A-OK with me.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#38 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

lol who cares about a following you can't care about what other people think you just have to LIVE!!!

[/beingsilly]

but yeah this is funny so I'm excited for the next chapter tongue.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#39 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

CHAPTER 6

Welcome back to my play through of The Last Promise. After that stomp fest we find ourselves in the City of Stark. Our protagonist sort of just waltzes on in on horseback...all three on horse back. Oi. Look at all those red units.

user posted image

Ooooooh. A hovel! Let's listen!

user posted image

Oooh? A her? A female thief you say. I'm quite interested in this.

user posted image

But...you totally took Tami in. She can't even fight on her own. She just...heals. =_= I think someone's jealous. I bet none of those guards even drop keys.

user posted image

Can I make suggestions too? I'm technically your tactician here! Not Siegfried.

user posted image

It must have been the horses. Look at THIS GUY!

user posted image

"They want to...engage me? Eh..."

Look at this guy. He looks strangely feminine but his body is HUGE! He adds Eh to the end of everything and his tactics aren't all that great.

user posted image

Welcome aboard. Officially. (As if fighting Mr.Signature Sex Move wasn't enough.) Anyway, let's see. I don't see any female thieves. Let's start the chapter.

user posted image

This guy. Nothing special.

user posted image

Houses and stuff. A layout of the map.

user posted image

First turn is uneventful but at the end we get this? A thief! But...you seem to lack breast. :<

user posted image

"Excuse me sir, you appear to be the plundering type." *Facepalm* Way to go Siegfried.

user posted image

What happened to not wanting to involve civilians...Also, I think Siegfried also noticed his apparent lack of breast. Man, you're being such a jerk. Who the hell do you think you are Siegfried?

user posted image

Touche.

user posted image

Hmmm. Seems he's looking for someone on top of things. Wait, we remember meeting Kelik, but who is this Tekun? *innocent shrug* I dunno. Anyway, Siegfried hires him.

user posted image

Althares is a thief. He's useful, he looks somewhat like Colm and on top of that he gets a bonus chance to critical. He has utility and that can be useful. Personally, I like him but never really got to field him much due to lagging behind in combat. We'll see how it goes this time around.

user posted image

Who needs Speed when you have STRONK.

user posted image

Let's visit our lovely shop lady. Hello baby! Have you seen any womanly thieves about? Why are you flipping your open sign to closed?

Moving on.

user posted image

I have never wanted to murder a civilian so badly in my life. Looks like we won't have that womanly thief after all. :< Dammit Althares. He gives us a door key. Which we'll promptly sell.

user posted image

Good to know the townsfolk love us. She gives us something else which we'll be selling. Because gold is good.

user posted image

First round of growths. Althares is showing quite alot of potential. Tami is cool too. Shuuda. I promised not to rag on you but come on.

user posted image

Mr. Moustachio's Armory shop. We'll pay you a visit later for sure.

user posted image

I like my version of you better, eh? Well. Reinforcements are coming. THE BOULDER IS ON THE CASE.

user posted image

THE BOULDER IS COMING TO BURY YOU BENEATH HIS GIRTH!

user posted image

OH sweet lord! No! Run child! He's going to take you!

Siegfried: "Come here little cutie. I don't want your elixir. I want you on the front lines!"

user posted image

This weapon will be useful. It's an Axereaver. We'll save this for something spectacular. But now for a good old fashion throw down.

In this corner! The Boulder! In this corner! The Non-Female Thief!

user posted image

HAH! BOI! KON! CHOI! HAH! ... Okay enough of that. Reinforcements are mostly dead. Only way we could add insult to injury is with some good old fashioned petty theft.

user posted image

Which Althares can do pretty well. Now with them dead we can wrap this stage up. But first let's do a good old fashion reorganization. We're not being penalized for time so why don't we take a little initiative and treat everyone to the things they deserve.

user posted image

I took my sweet time. Deal with it. ph34r.gif

user posted image

Love you Tamiko.

user posted image

Hmph. Why can't you be more like Tami?

user posted image

It's okay. Don't cry.

user posted image

I think the EXP and Levels were worth something. :<

user posted image

Arthur certainly agrees. Althares. Why don't you finish her....er...him off.

user posted image

...Why do the ones you love always hurt you the most?

user posted image

This growth was love fueled. Oh Shinshou. ;_; I knew you cared.

user posted image

Pfff. Sword goes in, guts come out. Sword goes in, guts come out. GET ON MY LEVEL.

user posted image

Celebration. They invite us to stay and so Siegfried says, "Let's sleep outside."

user posted image

Siegfried tells Shon nothing is wrong. Shon calls bullshit. Siegfried doesn't follow up immediately and expresses concerns about the rebellion.

user posted image

All joking aside. Despite how much I'll rag on Siegfried for his stupidity and hardheadedness. The guy is a father and means the best for his son. He's trying, he might be stupid. But he's trying.

user posted image

Shon's mother got brought up. His father likes to sugar coat and the two talk a little about it. It's a nice Father/Son moment. Obviously this is a sore subject for Siegfried. There's guilt there. Maybe he didn't try hard enough in stopping her death? Maybe he just can't move on? Whose to say? It's nice development.

user posted image

Next time, Chapter 7.

user posted image

BE THERE! OR THE BOULDER WILL FIND YOU!

#40 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

AWW YEAH BOULDERRRR. I saved that image, I'll have you know. Also, lol, that boss. He actually looks kinda cool... *shot horribly*

Also, you messed up on an img tag in there, may wanna fix that. ([img]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/4229/image28n.png/img])

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users