Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Is SMTxFE too "anime" for you?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: SMTxFE General Style (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Is SMTxFE too "anime" for you? (Art style, music, design)

1. Yeah, totally. It just isn't for me. (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. It's not terrible, but it's a little bit too much for my tastes. (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

3. Nah, not really. It's tolerable/I'm indifferent. (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Nope, not at all. I actually kinda like it. (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. Are you crazy? Nothing can ever be too "anime"! This is like, the best thing ever! (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

I think I saw cordelia but I haven't watched it recently. Maybe I'll watch it again a few times and make a list of characters I recognize(please let the blue hair guy be Ephraim. Ephraim is best lord)

#22 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

My current issue is I saw literally zero FE characters in the gameplay trailer. Granted I haven't played all the FE game so there could have been some and I just didn't know they were Fire Emblem characters.

Tiki was pretty recognizable, but no one else was 100% to me. Zipper panties might have been Lyn, and we got some blue haired dude (gee, that narrows it down...) as well as some red haired dude (better than blue hair, maybe?) and... yeah, that's kind of how it went.

I'm totally not just saying this to advertise my videos, but you guys *may* want to watch our trailer breakdown... or GameXPlain's longer one

like, there's only one character that SCREAMS "HEY I'M A FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER" in there, but based on our breakdown of the trailer, we found out that there are quite a few references and design similarities, and that it seems that it's not a straight-up crossover, but rather a crossover of elements and worlds: it's more of a new world with SMT Devil Survivor/Persona vibes that borrows a lot from FE, treating them like legendary heroes from another world and such

^trailer if you're interested

so in other words, don't expect to see specific SMT or Fire Emblem characters, at best you will see Fire Emblem characters "reincarnated" (a common theme not only in this game [even the theme song appears to be called "Reincarnation"], but in Shin Megami Tensei games in general: just google the meaning of "Shin Megami Tensei") in the form of playable characters or enemies (we have reason to believe we saw BOTH)

hope that helps~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#23 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:56 AM

I was tempted to do pretty much what Blazer just did, but I didn't want to do the shameless self plug. lol

I heard an interesting theory that the playable characters are going to coincide with the gems on the shield of seals. (You can get more details on GXplain's part two analysis.) It actually seems pretty plausible. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#24 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

but I didn't want to do the shameless self plug. lol

lol, you'll never be e-famous with that kind of attitude *shot*

I heard an interesting theory that the playable characters are going to coincide with the gems on the shield of seals. (You can get more details on GXplain's part two analysis.) It actually seems pretty plausible.

ooh, there's a part two? that's interesting. too bad I'm too lazy to watch their videos... (especially when they're longer)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#25 Sterium

Sterium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

I liked the Persona games but I didn't see enough FE in this crossover. Idk, maybe that'll change.

I'm new here BTW and this is my first post. Introduction page was too intimidating  :( .

#26 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

I liked the Persona games but I didn't see enough FE in this crossover. Idk, maybe that'll change.

I'm new here BTW and this is my first post. Introduction page was too intimidating  :( .

hahaha don't feel intimidated, introducing is just saying hi so we know you're around and stuff.

I totally getcha, the FE really isn't apparent at all and I hope in the next trailer they not only make it more apparent but maybe translate some of the stuff into English because it's harder for us to see it (like we didn't see the enemies named Gangrel and Aversa and stuff because it was in Japanese)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#27 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:35 AM

Nothing is too anime for me. I've played Neptunia.

In all seriousness, the appearance of the game doesn't bother me. I've seen worse.

#28 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:21 AM

Nothing is too anime for me. I've played Neptunia.

In all seriousness, the appearance of the game doesn't bother me. I've seen worse.

oh man not Idea Factory or w/e T_T

I've seen worse too but that doesn't make me immune to it XD granted I do my best not to immerse myself in things I am not generally fond of... a repercussion of not would probably be growing an immunity to it lol... kind of like how supposedly, if you stay away from your allergies, you just stay allergic, but if you face them, you can build up an immunity over time... ... yeah, weird analogies, I know...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#29 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

Meanwhile, I have pretty much ultimate immunity to the stuff. Not even the high school thing bothers me enough to not play/watch stuff (although I have passed on games that involve high school like that one Conception II thing) but what does bother me, is seeing other shows get infected off of it. I might not get sick but that won't do anything about making the disease itself irrelevant <_<

It's kind of hilarious what Idea Factory will put into their games sometimes. Back when I was playing Blazing Souls: Accelate there was this one character mentioned as being a hermaphrodite. This serves absolutely no plot or characterization purpose whatsoever, and does not come up in the dialogue or artwork at all. It's something you see in her personal profile description.

I've gotta respect the company though. They're so resourceful about how they make things. Their games are all like "Bro, we are a small company, and A SMALL COMPANY'S PRODUCT IS WHAT YOU'RE GONNA GET. LOW BUDGET OPTIMIZATION FOR THE WIN!!!" And yet their games are still decent enough to not make you feel like you got ripped off, unlike indies that just make you go "you want me to pay for that?"

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#30 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

I might buy this, will wait to see more about the plot and combat. To answer the question, no graphics are not to anime for me XD

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#31 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

This game is DEFINITELY not too anime for me after seeing Fire Emblem-amie.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#32 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

I wouldn't say it's too anime for me, simply put. I also really don't care about how the game evolves. And coming from a series like SMT which has gotten SMT: Persona 4, it's to be expected in my opinion. Whether it is too much SMT style over Fire Emblem I have yet to formulate an opinion on.

#33 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

This game is DEFINITELY not too anime for me after seeing Fire Emblem-amie.

as long as it has nothing like... that, I think I'll be okay with this game. somehow. at least you could consider a little bit of this sexy, I guess? that was just... weird. and in like, no way enjoyable, not in the least, at least to me. yeah, I don't even know...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#34 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Is face-touching actually "anime?" I mean, I'm not super into anime, but is that actually tropey within anime?

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#35 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:10 AM

No, anime characters almost never actually get that casually intimate. Only characters that are considered to be in idiot couples ever come close.

I would say it's a dating sim thing or something but I've never actually played those. Nothing structured in the way they're supposed to be anyway.

However I do remember seeing news of using touchscreens for touching characters drawn that way, almost entirely for erotic purposes.

It is weird that it's face touching by what I presume to be your character's hands. How often does anyone do that? It's a very unconventional way of showing affection outside of like, pinching cheeks and removing food around their lips(yes this has actually happened to me, I was kind of weirded out by it too the first time), petting heads would have been a better choice. (before you go into the disrespectful implications of that with the kind of reactions these characters are having anyway they're all little kids.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users