Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Clannad

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

So, it's been years since I watched this series and to this day it is still my absolute favourite. As dumb as it may sound, I honestly found it life changing. It changed the way I look at my friends and family and made me appreciate many of the smaller, finer things in life. For real, I am a cold hearted wench. I hate love, romance and drama but Clannad is an exception to everything that I hate. It hits you in all the softest places of your heart and leaves you with an annoying lump in your throat.

But seriously, it's beautiful. The animation, the story, the characters. This is the only anime series I would ever try to get non-anime fans to watch (sadly, my boyfriend hasn't watched it yet and that frustrates me). It seems I'm not the only stone hearted person to shed a few tears over this series. I've read quite a few reviews stating similar things.

So, have you seen it? If yes, what did you think? If not, you should go watch it. It's not all soppy booboo stuff, it's actually quite funny as well. I know it's not for everyone and a lot of people don't like it, but I do suggest you give it a go.

#2 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've seen Clannad but haven't seen After Story which I've heard punches you even harder in the feels

I really enjoyed it, it was both sweet and cute as well as being serious and down to earth at the same time. It also had a very good sense of humour.

It's been a long time since I've watched it though, probably going to have to re-watch it!
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#3 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

why have you not watched after story are you aware this is a cardinal sin

#4 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

It took me 154 years to recover from having finished Clannad that I have not yet been able to glue my eyes to another clannad episode without my eyes filling up with tears and obscuring my view.

Soon.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#5 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Candy @ Jan 28 2014, 10:29 AM)
So, have you seen it? If yes, what did you think? If not, you should go watch it. It's not all soppy booboo stuff, it's actually quite funny as well. I know it's not for everyone and a lot of people don't like it, but I do suggest you give it a go.

I haven't seen it, but you should have stopped at "you should go watch it". Everything past that seemed to throw it all downhill for me tongue.gif

Seriously though, it's always interesting to hear what people found as groundbreaking and life changing experiences. Personally, I don't think any anime has done that to me, though I do have to admit that the way they played out Serial Experiments Lain is the gold standard. The only thing that I believe compares is 9 Hour, 9 Persons, 9 Doors as a brilliantly executed and unique story.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

lot of people don't like it

they're all just bitter from how it led to swollen eyes for a week

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

skimmed the thread

this sounds terribly depressing

I'm already a little depressed thinking about it so I think I'm never going to watch this show unless I can get someone to watch it with me and hug me when I cry and stop me from killing myself afterwards ._.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

it has a happy ending

emphasis on ending (but then, all endings to good things could be interpreted as sad, especially when stuff like post-anime depression are things lol)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

i am emotionally unstable

this is a pretty well-known fact

I cannot handle the feelz *sniped by Ristau*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.