Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

For fun: FES x FM11: TIME TO BE A LEGEND

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Scoring goals, gals, but not gaols.

Meanwhile:

Something to look forward to.

Seraph gets on the national team, despite barely playing.

#42 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Is the Irish team just -that- depressing?

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#43 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Not really, you should see Wales or NI laugh.gif

Fish scored a ridiculously good hat-trick. If only there were FIFA-level graphics.

£2.8m? Real Madrid got a bargain on that display.

#44 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (kirant @ Feb 26 2014, 11:32 PM)
Is the Irish team just -that- depressing?

Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: Also Yes

Bobryk the beast!
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#45 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Haha, well, you scored for them. NOT AS DEPRESSING.

Fish also scored another, far less impressive, hat-trick.

#46 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Update:

Bobryk continues to be a menace. Bagged an assist in that game as well.

Prediction well and truly smashed. Won an award a few months before that too! Nice reward for his improvement.

So much for this prediction though. No playoffs.

End of season stats (MLS):
Fish - Also picked up goal of the year! (It's in the video of the hat-trick I posted earlier). Missed a few due to injury/U21 games, but a better season on the whole.
Shu - Just better across the board. KEEP IT UP, AND KEEP GETTIN' 'DEM CHEQUES.

In Europe:

Blazer gets off the injury table to earn that cash.

Bobryk grabs more awards.

Seraph tries to.

Blazer manages to get away from the hospital for an extend period of time to put USA through to the next round of qualifying for the Olympics. Scored, assisted, and won the penalty that Fish put away.

Bobryk vs Kirant - Arsenal prevail.

Meanwhile, bb has done little of note except score two goals. At least they're decent.

Won a goal of the month.

Dribbling skillz. 2 goals, both against Blackburn, not the same game though.

Team wise:

Chelsea in 2nd, signed Morata for £2m. Seraph keeps the bench toasty, though ahead of Morata.

Arsenal in 6th, despite the massive capture of Eden Hazard for a cool £21m, along with the slightly more disappointing Yaser Al-Qahtani for £7m.

Birmingham are in 11th, despite a massive £35m spending spree on player including Torje, Jay Simpson and Franco di Sa- oh, that's probably why they're only 11th. The idiots.

Gencler-blah are 6th, pushing for Europe once again, and have signed nobody I've ever heard of, although Blazer returning is 'almost like a new signing', if you were to quote Wenger.

Benfica are 1st, 8 points ahead, the inspired signings of ex-Liverpool defender Kyrgiakos and Dnipro RB Inkoom propelling them.

Predictions update:
bblues didn't move. - Failed
Blazer didn't move, and got injured all over again dry.gif - Failed
Seraph has played 20 games for Chelsea (sub appearances included). - Correct
Bobryk has scored 10 goals in all club competitions. - Correct
Fish and Shu both didn't make the playoffs. - Failed
Kirant is averaging about 4 tackles, and a pass rate of ~85%. - Failed

2/6 isn't brilliant.

#47 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Dang it all, guys. You just gotta get better at football.

Also, those victory celebrations are priceless. I was laughing for a few solid minutes.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#48 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Feb 27 2014, 03:52 PM)
Dang it all, guys. You just gotta get better at football.

Also, those victory celebrations are priceless. I was laughing for a few solid minutes.

B-but I built a character who doesn't care about the stat line sad.gif

I love the audiences BTW. They seem so nonchalant about goals.

RedBlue.png

#49 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (kirant @ Feb 27 2014, 10:12 PM)

I love the audiences BTW.  They seem so nonchalant about goals.

It's all about the aggression, though. How are you going to punt a field goal if you don't tackle the quarterback pigskin huddle touchdown referee Dallas Cowboys fumble FOOTBALL?!

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#50 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Feb 27 2014, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (kirant @ Feb 27 2014, 10:12 PM)

It's all about the aggression, though. How are you going to punt a field goal if you don't tackle the quarterback pigskin huddle touchdown referee Dallas Cowboys fumble FOOTBALL?!

You play a 200 foot game with chip and chase icing offsides. Then you give 110%, hope for the lucky bounces, and keep your feet moving.

RedBlue.png

#51 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Feb 27 2014, 10:52 PM)

Most underrated part of the game. There's one where they just run over to the corner flag, stand there, and then do a little flip. Gets me every time xD

QUOTE (kirant @ Feb 28 2014, 03:12 AM)

Haha, FIFA doesn't do it either. It's like Seabiscuit, but worse.

---

So, another season over.

Bobryk gettin' 'dem awards. Made the season XI as well. Also voted fan's player of the year by the Arsenal faithful.

Benfica destroyed the league. Kirant matches Bobryk with the same award. First XI as well. Proceeds to get paid.

End of season stats:

Bobryk - Massive season, 'nuff said.
bblues - The absolute opposite. Wasted at CM. Didn't even grab goal of the year.
Kirant - Damn, look at those penalties. Stayed on the pitch a whole lot more as part of the defence this year.
Seraph - Scored in every competition. Once. Except for Ireland, where he's quickly becoming a hero.
Blazer - He's missed a quarter of available playing time on the injury table. You wouldn't really know it though, after that strong showing in the second half of the season (all of his goals and assists were in that period).

The transfer window passed by quietly, for the most part. One thing stood out.

THIS.

Moving from rival MLS teams to Real Madrid? This could've been a movie. Goal 4, anyone?

Fun fact: bblues is the only player to have not played a full international yet.

#52 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hm...who's Hulk (Sagres season XI)? Hope I get to be on his team someday...sounds like a solid player.

Does penalties refer to penalties drawn (as in, caused others to take penalties) or penalties received? Either way, take that everyone else. I have 5 penalties to your none. Quite an accomplishment.

I hope Seraph becomes an awesome clutch player. One goal almost everywhere is pretty awesome. But is it just me, or does he spend more time warming the bench than playing?

RedBlue.png

#53 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (kirant @ Mar 2 2014, 03:19 AM)
Hm...who's Hulk (Sagres season XI)?  Hope I get to be on his team someday...sounds like a solid player.

Hulk is actually a pretty good player irl. Rocket of a left foot, strong, fast, Brazilian. Moved to Zenit IRL, but I'd argue most top teams in Europe would want him.

user posted image

Does penalties refer to penalties drawn (as in, caused others to take penalties) or penalties received?  Either way, take that everyone else.  I have 5 penalties to your none.  Quite an accomplishment.

Penalties actually refers to penalties taken, scored in brackets. You're apparently the main taker, and 5 of your 6 goals in the league came from the spot.

If there's a foul in the box, the team receives a penalty. Anyone can take the penalty.

I hope Seraph becomes an awesome clutch player.  One goal almost everywhere is pretty awesome.  But is it just me, or does he spend more time warming the bench than playing?

He's warming the bench most of the time. Chelsea are a good team, and Torres is still good on FM11. I hope he becomes more of a 20 goal a season guy myself.

------

It took a while for anything massively notable to happen.

bblues puts in a hell of a performance. 3 goals, 2 assists. Middlesbrough are crap though.

MLS season ended. New England sit bottom of the conference, while Chicago go to the playoffs. It's a wonderfully cyclical world.

Playoffs:

Easy passage through the first round.

Now, for the stumbling block, conference finals. Can Shu succeed where Fish didn't?

YES, YES HE CAN.

Having gone a goal down, Chicago rallied back thanks to 2 Shu corners. One went directly to the striker's head. The other...went too close to the near post, and rebounded in off the keeper. Man of the match GET.

Time for the finals. Shu vs Beckham. Could he leave the MLS with a bang?

YES. Well, kinda. I watched this game as well, and Shu was back to his usual 'Shubatov' style, and got yanked at the half for little reason. Regardless, he takes part in the celebrations and prepares to leave the MLS on a positive note.

End of season stats (MLS):
Fish - Not great. 5 goals from open play, 2 reds...at least the assist total is higher. Too busy thinking about the Summer move, despite having a little bit more of MLS to play.
Shu - Played a lot more, a better average rating, and an MLS trophy. Now to fly off to Spain.

Back in Europe:

Seraph's contract kicks in. He then goes on to sign a new one. What an agent he has.

Blazer's manager gets sacked. A crowd of schoolboy chuckles rings across the land.

Shu makes his debut. Mourinho forcing him to run more than he ever has over 3 games.

Bobryk has scored 10 goals by early February, including this lob.

#54 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

UPDATEEEEES:

Bobryk, USA's finest.

Seraph makes his mark in the Champions League.

bblues manages to displace the Danny Wilson hype.

Arsenal win the Europa League. Down a goal, down a man...Wenger knows.

A bit closer in Portugal for once.

Unlike the ridiculous force of Arsenal. Bobryk is a machine. Wenger retires, and the world of football mourns his loss.

Kirant and Bobryk both sign new deals.

Bobryk almost wins top honours. He retains a place in the team of the year.

Chamakh as a winger?
user posted image

No awards for anyone else.

End of season stats:
Blazer - A few injuries here and there, but a good season for creating chances.
bblues - HE'S BACK. Kinda. Now a 'natural' at CM according to the game.
Bobryk - We are not worthy.
Kirant - Missed a penalty. Balotelli weeps somewhere. Kirant really seems to come through for Canada. His stats drop a little, but I think he gets dragged around the place positionally.
Seraph - Dammit, PLAY MORE. Wickham is starting ahead of you. Then again, the bench has never been warmer.
Shu - One game, then shipped off to the U19s. Madrid continue to mismanage players.

TRANSFER WINDOW:

Shit actually happened this time.

Chelsea, having had enough of bblues turning them down, pursue Kirant.

Err.

In England: City plz.

CITY STAHP.

Money talks. I hate it when that happens to me when I actually manage.

Guess what? Yeah, that.

In Turkey: Blazer signs a new deal. Scouts apparently haven't made it out that far yet.

In Spain: Fish arrives, most likely to join the U19s.
Stats from the season he left - New England were top, so at least he gave them something to remember him by.

Back in Portugal: Barca decided to make a 'substantial' bid.

Err. Kirant's agent is one of those twats.

I'm scared to think how much a team would need to pay for OUR LORD AND SAVIOR Bobryk.

Outside of transfers: bblues helps England win the U21 Euros.

GOALS THAT WON AWARDS:

#55 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that rejection letter was written by the agent, given the fact that the last comment is "by the way, my agent deserves more money".

Wow though. Chelsea probably should get a manager who knows how to develop prospects. I'm surprised there hasn't been a ragequit over that yet...3 years of that.

RedBlue.png

#56 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

The agents in FM are soulless bastards who exist only for money. Years of actually watching real football already gave me a hatred towards some of them, but in FM, they're all terrible. Doesn't help that they have generated faces.

The 'buy young talent, never play them' policy of top clubs in FM is fairly common. They don't use the loan system enough. Seraph should get more of a chance this year though. I hope. Shu and Fish are gonna be stuck in that U19 squad for at least a season or two as well.

#57 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I just read through everything I've missed since my last post...and it's still as hilarious as ever.

Maybe I should've pursued football/soccer instead of education
user posted image

#58 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

On the basis of this, probably should've xD

Updates gonna be a bit slower this week, workworkworkworkwork.

Why couldn't I be a play-a-maker?

#59 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

This is too amazing. I'd better get amongst the goals this season or else I'm just going to stagnate.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#60 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

We can but hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users