Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Automatic Name Changes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

You can now change your name without approval (since we don't really have anyone active enough to approve crap anyway >_>').

Please do NOT abuse it. Limit name changes to once every few months unless absolutely necessary. You will confuse members and possibly upset people by changing your name often.

Not that there are any active mods now but if there WERE active mods, they would have the right to warn you for abusing it. Use your own (objective) judgment, as long as no one is bothered by stupid/inappropriate names or constant name changes, it should be fine.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

This might have been addressed already, but what if someone decides to be an idiot and poses as someone else? I mean I'm being an idiot for asking this (since no one has the common sense to do that), but just a what if?

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

you can't use the same username as someone else.

I don't think we're the ones without the common sense here.

and even if someone else takes a handle associated with the same person (such as someone else becoming Blazer while the real Blazer is using Fire Blazer) there are other things to check such as the group, posts, gold, profiles, topics, etc.

unless they specifically change it when someone else has recently changed theirs (for example, Duelking02 changing back to arimibn, then with someone changing to Duelking02 like 5 minutes later to claim that they are the real one and that someone else took their old handle) but even then confusion is pretty easy to avoid(I already said the reasons why), especially with how few members we have and how slow this forum is.

at most things would be annoying in the shoutbox since you can't immediately see other factors like the avatar, post count, whatever.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Tenebrae Candidae @ Jul 14 2014, 06:45 PM)
you can't use the same username as someone else.

Though I'm pretty sure they aren't case sensitive. A troll on a now defunct Tales of Symphonia BBS forum once changed his name to "Kirant" (note the capital) to troll the board under my name. Thankfully I was there and it just caused confusion and laughter when a mod forcefully pointed out the IP difference.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:13 AM

Just checked, it is case sensitive.

Honestly I never thought that would even be a weakness, it would certainly make a lot of duplicate IGNs in MMOs.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Time to change my name to noob.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Well, it is what it is, that's where the trust part comes in. You can't have it all. I did manual for a time as to make sure nothing dumb happened, but it's inconvenient (especially with no mods to approve stuff), so I changed it to this. *shrug*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

I see.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

rofl, good one bb

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ Jul 14 2014, 11:49 PM)
Time to change my name to noob.

That's Blazer on TEB, noob!

This is cool, and was done partly because I was supposed to "Ask Shu to [change my name]." Haha.

Don't abuse it though, as Blazer was kind enough to put his trust in us.
Posted Image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Actual mature things coming from Ristau's hands, I am in awe

in case he tries to edit it

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.