Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Weapon "Balance"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

I really don't understand the logic in their weapon balances this time around. Actually, I don't really understand FE's desire to "balance" weapons in the first place. In FE7 the weight system hindered my units SO MUCH that using powerful weapons got them killed.

The more powerful weapons in this game really all seem to have these awful setbacks to them that, while it doesn't really matter much in Birthright, seems like it could kill your experience in Conquest.

I avoid Silver weapons and just forge iron/steel to be somewhere near the same might. It's something I know I won't be able to do in Conquest without the DLC that gives you unlimited gold, but meh to that -2 skill. I have a bad enough time with the RNG as it is. <_<

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

I haven't actually used many different weapons yet, but have you tried using one and trading it for a safer one in preparation of the enemy phase? That's what I usually do after I use a steel weapon. (though I haven't bothered to forge anything)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

Well cause infinite durability they needed to find a new way to balance using the better weapons. I actually really like the change to infinite durability as the effects on weapons makes more thought go into using a weapon in a normal run, since normally you barely have to think about using different levels of weapons unless you're doing an ltc. The effects definitely need to be worked better since some weapons are just completely outclassed lol. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

I really don't understand the logic in their weapon balances this time around. Actually, I don't really understand FE's desire to "balance" weapons in the first place. In FE7 the weight system hindered my units SO MUCH that using powerful weapons got them killed.

The more powerful weapons in this game really all seem to have these awful setbacks to them that, while it doesn't really matter much in Birthright, seems like it could kill your experience in Conquest.

I avoid Silver weapons and just forge iron/steel to be somewhere near the same might. It's something I know I won't be able to do in Conquest without the DLC that gives you unlimited gold, but meh to that -2 skill. I have a bad enough time with the RNG as it is. <_<

I don't know if I can say I "get the logic" but I'm slowly starting to get some idea of the niches of weapons and such... but yeah, it's kinda weird. I didn't do much forging because I don't really dig the system and stuff but I imagine that low-level forged weapons are probably better than high-level ones for what you mentioned. I mean, silver weapons and brave weapons are useful especially for initiating attacks but they have various setbacks, and... meh, idk, it's just kind of so complicated now lol

and like you said, in Conquest there's not much you can do unless you exploit the DLC >_>'

I haven't actually used many different weapons yet, but have you tried using one and trading it for a safer one in preparation of the enemy phase? That's what I usually do after I use a steel weapon. (though I haven't bothered to forge anything)

Yeah I noticed that this tactic is way more useful in this game due to the presence of weapons that debuff you and the like after using them once (or weapons that only have special effects on your turn or the like). Going for a "safer" weapon for defense is better and maybe even necessary if you're using weapons like javelins or the kodachi or other stuff that just sets you back notably and puts you at risk for dying. That being said, trading does require a unit to be close, so it's not like you can do it all the time, but eh...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:49 PM

Can't wait until the Money DLC comes out. Right now my Nohr file has been like, 90% of my money goes into skill-buying. The other 10 percent into healing items and staves >> My units are still using whatever default weapons they came with, or whatever I've scrounged up from various sources.

Except this time, I bankrupted myself on Master Seals. Whoo. I'm using the Profiteer tactic but that 300 gold isn't much to go on when even the cheapest weapons are 1000.

IUfb9Eg.png

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:33 AM

Can't wait until the Money DLC comes out. Right now my Nohr file has been like, 90% of my money goes into skill-buying. The other 10 percent into healing items and staves >> My units are still using whatever default weapons they came with, or whatever I've scrounged up from various sources.

Except this time, I bankrupted myself on Master Seals. Whoo. I'm using the Profiteer tactic but that 300 gold isn't much to go on when even the cheapest weapons are 1000.

Ouch, that sounds tough. IIRC the money DLC comes out today so have fun with that, haha. I don't even know how skill-buying and all that works as it's not my thing so I mostly spent my money on weapons/staves/healing items and master seals when I needed them, but I still felt a bit of a struggle, haha. Don't even know what the "Profiteer" tactic is but it doesn't sound like a great source of income, all things considered... lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

Ouch, that sounds tough. IIRC the money DLC comes out today so have fun with that, haha. I don't even know how skill-buying and all that works as it's not my thing so I mostly spent my money on weapons/staves/healing items and master seals when I needed them, but I still felt a bit of a struggle, haha. Don't even know what the "Profiteer" tactic is but it doesn't sound like a great source of income, all things considered... lol.

Basically, a BUNCH of people have their castles set up to be easy to seize, and then they have units that are loaded up with cool skills. (Check the top ratings for Battle or Visit points and you'll see 'em) You take them on with no handicaps and you can buy skills off of them. Some of them are hackers or got their skills from hackers, though, so they have aptitude on units that can't have it, etc.

IUfb9Eg.png

#8 flyingace24

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

Basically, a BUNCH of people have their castles set up to be easy to seize, and then they have units that are loaded up with cool skills. (Check the top ratings for Battle or Visit points and you'll see 'em) You take them on with no handicaps and you can buy skills off of them. Some of them are hackers or got their skills from hackers, though, so they have aptitude on units that can't have it, etc.

Yeah. That's how I've gotten most of my skills lol. I'm not complaining though. I generally just buy the Lv. 15 promoted skills so I don't have to level all the way up. Aptitude doesn't hurt either ;)

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:41 AM

ahh, I see. welp. solid I guess, haha. I'm not into that kind of thing but I can see the enjoyment in it, I think. tbh, haven't visited a single castle of another person and I'm not sure I will for a long while yet, lol. I'm just all in it for that 1 player, I guess. I did streetpass stuff in FE13 but only in a basic sense, really, because it was in my face and new and exciting and all that, haha.

Yeah. That's how I've gotten most of my skills lol. I'm not complaining though. I generally just buy the Lv. 15 promoted skills so I don't have to level all the way up. Aptitude doesn't hurt either ;)

Oooh, solid. Aptitude increases growths by 10%, right? I feel like that's enough of a boost to offset the RNG enough that it's not frustrating/I'm not resetting for level-ups, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:57 AM

I have yet to memorize the new weapon "triangles"

And I say "triangle" because THERE IS MORE THAN THREE WEAPONS IN THIS THING IT'S NOT EVEN A TRIANGLE.

IUfb9Eg.png

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:35 AM

I have yet to memorize the new weapon "triangles"

And I say "triangle" because THERE IS MORE THAN THREE WEAPONS IN THIS THING IT'S NOT EVEN A TRIANGLE.

ahahahhaa point that I really didn't think about

but yeah I've done 3 playthroughs now and I still don't have it memorized myself LOL

thankfully the colors and such are things so I get by but eventually I should probably learn them... maybe... then again, I kinda don't want to... OG WT forevah lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users