Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Completed Games List 2016

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Haha, I'm doing ok. I mean, Race the Sun was quick and the rest were games on my backlog that I've had for various lengths of time (from about 6 months or so for Fates to like maybe 3-4 years for OoT to a few months for Trails SC, but I was playing that plenty last year which is part of why I didn't beat many games at the end of last year)

I still have 5 physical Wii U games to beat, which went up from before thanks to Rodea, Devil's Third, and Xenoblade X coming out. (Combine that with those that were on my backlog, WWHD and ZombiU). Then throw in digital games. Then a few 3DS games. Then some old DS games and the like. Then maybe Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Then a bunch of Wii games. And those are just games I already have. Buhhh. IT NEVER ENDS, I GET STRESSED THINKING ABOUT IT

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

is rodea good? I haven't heard anything about it, but it didn't look like much at a glance

#23 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:29 AM

is rodea good? I haven't heard anything about it, but it didn't look like much at a glance

well, that's exactly it. I haven't played it. >___>'

But it looks like a fun game despite the crappy graphics, so I got it, haha. I can let you know when I start, probably in a few weeks or so after I knock out some other Wii U games from my backlog (namely Genei Ibun Roku #FE and maybe Xenoblade X). The general consensus seems to be that the game is fun but doesn't control too well and has such outdated graphics and such that even if they're somewhat charming, it still feels kinda "eh", so overall it's just a good game and not a great one. Still, I like good games and the genre seems like my thing so that's why I think I'll like it. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#24 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

My backlog consists of....

Smash Bros Wii U (still haven't unlocked all characters)

Earthbound (finally got a wii u so I could finally buy the game instead of emulating it, but I keep getting my butt handed to me. T_T Maybe I'll just finish the emulator version since I'm already 2/3rds through the game in that one...)

Mario Kart Wii (....I only got it because it was a choice of that or Mario Maker for my Wii U)

Rune Factory 4

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Valkyria Chronicles

Is that all of them? I think that's all of them. lol. I need to get to work... BUT INSTEAD I KEEP PLAYING SKYRIM.

IUfb9Eg.png

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

ha

that's nothing to me

I do want to play RF4 and VC though

and Skyrim I guess

the rest I've either played or am not interested in (SMD)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

my backlog is getting rather impressive right. mostly because i have so many games on it that are monsters to finish. xenoblade chronicles 3d, valkyria chronicles, monster hunter 4(can't consider this finished just yet), monster hunter x(i still have about 350 hours left til i can consider myself finished with this alone), professor layton and the miracle mask, smt devil survivor 1&2 on 3ds, smt devil summoner, smt 3 nocturne, two more paths for smt 4(only really 20 hours if i rush it which i won't), and the list goes on because i simply can't remember them all in one sitting. i think i might have close to 70 unfinished games right now, but it's very unlikely i'll be able to list them all in one place =P

#27 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:38 AM

Backlog you say?:

- Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Beat the original, never got to this)

- Alice: Madness Returns

- Amnesia: The Dark Descent

- Antichamber

- Assassin's Creed: I'm on a boat

- Baulder's Gate I and II

- Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite

- Borderlands 2 (Never started the DLC)

- Braid

- Cthulhu Saves the World

- Danganrompa Another Episode (Chapter 4 or 5)

- Don't Starve (Never finished the game)

- Fallout 4 (Shut up Preston. Let me finish the damn game)

- The Forest

- FTL (Never beat the game. Got to the final boss a couple times but died horribly)

- Game Dev Tycoon (never finished a run)

- Hand of Fate

- Life is Strange

- Magicka (Played about 20 minutes)

- Mirror's Edge

- Papers, Please (Played an early beta, never beat the released version)

- Persona Q (haven't finished the Persona 3 side yet)

- Pillars of Eternity (1/3 of the way through)

- Pokemon TCG 2

- Pokemon Alpha Saphire

- Portal 2

- Shadowrun Returns

- Shadowrun: Dragonfall

- Skyrim (Beat the main game just to say that I have, but haven't started any DLC and with the number of realism mods in it now, I'm pretty sure I'll never get there)

- Spec Ops: The Line

- This War of Mine (never finished)

- Thomas Was Alone

- Valkyria Chronicles (10 minutes in)

- The Void

- The Walking Dead

- World of Goo

And that's not including my open-ended games with infinite play (Age of Wonders III, Cities: Skyline, Sims, Civilization. etc...).  And of course, this is only going to get worse as XCOM2 eats up my entire life. 

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#28 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

I picked a good time to check FES.

Borderlands 2, PC, January 7th

BattleBlock Theater, PC, January 9th

Ys Seven, PSP, January 21st

Ys The Oath in Felghana, January 21st

#29 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

Well, I just finished all the campaigns on the Steam version of HEroes of Might and Magic 3, but honestly its no different from the original aside from a few things.

Pros to original
-3D models kinda

Cons
-no expansions yet (tfw no Gelu recruitment and Sharpshooter spam)
-some gamebreaking bugs (one of my heroes spawned inside a mountain instead of at the towngate?)
-a fucking chore to open the game at times (I downloaded an external client just to get into the game)
-literally no multiplayer possibilities unless you have Steam friends that enjoy this series

Honestly, if you want to pls this game for whatever reasons, either pirate it (don't do that) or buy it at gog or something.

#30 Queenie

Queenie

The french flying toast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:a lot of things :P

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

I beated Undertale o/ (but... so much feels)

#31 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

ha

that's nothing to me

I do want to play RF4 and VC though

and Skyrim I guess

the rest I've either played or am not interested in (SMD)

Don't get SMD. I was talked into it by a friend who told me the game was great and the plot was awesome. IT IS NOT AWESOME. AND THE MUSIC IS THE BLANDEST THING EVER. (a big disappointment after GtI having a REALLY nice soundtrack that almost sounded orchestrated.)

This game has broken my Willing Suspension of Disbelief so many times, I think it ought to be a world record or something.

IUfb9Eg.png

#32 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

my backlog is getting rather impressive right. mostly because i have so many games on it that are monsters to finish. xenoblade chronicles 3d, valkyria chronicles, monster hunter 4(can't consider this finished just yet), monster hunter x(i still have about 350 hours left til i can consider myself finished with this alone), professor layton and the miracle mask, smt devil survivor 1&2 on 3ds, smt devil summoner, smt 3 nocturne, two more paths for smt 4(only really 20 hours if i rush it which i won't), and the list goes on because i simply can't remember them all in one sitting. i think i might have close to 70 unfinished games right now, but it's very unlikely i'll be able to list them all in one place =P

too many RPGs and the like, haha. though I'm kind of the same. XP

Backlog you say?:

- Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Beat the original, never got to this)

- Alice: Madness Returns

- Amnesia: The Dark Descent

- Antichamber

- Assassin's Creed: I'm on a boat

- Baulder's Gate I and II

- Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite

- Borderlands 2 (Never started the DLC)

- Braid

- Cthulhu Saves the World

- Danganrompa Another Episode (Chapter 4 or 5)

- Don't Starve (Never finished the game)

- Fallout 4 (Shut up Preston. Let me finish the damn game)

- The Forest

- FTL (Never beat the game. Got to the final boss a couple times but died horribly)

- Game Dev Tycoon (never finished a run)

- Hand of Fate

- Life is Strange - Just got this today so idk if I can say it's on my backlog yet haha

- Magicka (Played about 20 minutes)

- Mirror's Edge

- Papers, Please (Played an early beta, never beat the released version)

- Persona Q (haven't finished the Persona 3 side yet)

- Pillars of Eternity (1/3 of the way through)

- Pokemon TCG 2

- Pokemon Alpha Saphire

- Portal 2

- Shadowrun Returns

- Shadowrun: Dragonfall

- Skyrim (Beat the main game just to say that I have, but haven't started any DLC and with the number of realism mods in it now, I'm pretty sure I'll never get there)

- Spec Ops: The Line

- This War of Mine (never finished)

- Thomas Was Alone

- Valkyria Chronicles (10 minutes in)

- The Void

- The Walking Dead

- World of Goo

And that's not including my open-ended games with infinite play (Age of Wonders III, Cities: Skyline, Sims, Civilization. etc...).  And of course, this is only going to get worse as XCOM2 eats up my entire life. 

are these all games you already have? XD

Bold = have but on my backlog (some of which I haven't even started), italics = don't have but kinda wanna try eventually, underlined = beaten

I picked a good time to check FES.

Borderlands 2, PC, January 7th

BattleBlock Theater, PC, January 9th

Ys Seven, PSP, January 21st

Ys The Oath in Felghana, January 21st

Nice. Namely hte Ys games. Two in a day too? Dang man. :P

Well, I just finished all the campaigns on the Steam version of HEroes of Might and Magic 3, but honestly its no different from the original aside from a few things.

Pros to original
-3D models kinda

Cons
-no expansions yet (tfw no Gelu recruitment and Sharpshooter spam)
-some gamebreaking bugs (one of my heroes spawned inside a mountain instead of at the towngate?)
-a fucking chore to open the game at times (I downloaded an external client just to get into the game)
-literally no multiplayer possibilities unless you have Steam friends that enjoy this series

Honestly, if you want to pls this game for whatever reasons, either pirate it (don't do that) or buy it at gog or something.

hahaha, pirate it—but not really XD

Don't get SMD. I was talked into it by a friend who told me the game was great and the plot was awesome. IT IS NOT AWESOME. AND THE MUSIC IS THE BLANDEST THING EVER. (a big disappointment after GtI having a REALLY nice soundtrack that almost sounded orchestrated.)

This game has broken my Willing Suspension of Disbelief so many times, I think it ought to be a world record or something.

I'm not. I tried one of the older PMD games and I didn't like it. Just... not for me. Especially the gameplay, and that's kind of a huge thing to really not like, haha. So unless SMD changed some stuff up significantly, I wasn't planning on getting it. (Though it's cool that it apparently has like, all Pokemon or something.)

also, thaaat would bother me. I'd probably cringe. maybe as hard as FE. sigh, Nintendo really needs to work on their story-writing. Maybe have their dudes play some other games or read some books or something so they have a better idea of how to make games with at least not-cringey stories like before. As it is now it's pretty much either a story like Splatoon's which is super basic and doesn't really do much but doesn't particularly suck either, or it just tries but stinks. >___>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#33 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Nintendo should read lord of the rings books or the shannara series(I really hope I spelled that right) so they can learn how to create a fantasy world. Their characters are usually alright, but the world they exist in is typically pretty static.

#34 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

I think the problem may be that these smaller companies are spending so much on graphics etc that the story suffers as a result. I know nothing about how games are developed, but I can see graphics becoming an issue when you have to render them in 2D/3D or in HD.

That being said, I have finally forced myself to play 11 hours and 30 minutes of PSMD, and I have finally, FINALLY gotten away from Serene Village and into an actual part of the game I can enjoy. Maybe now I can actually finish this darn thing without feeling like busting my forehead on the desk.

IUfb9Eg.png

#35 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

I think the problem may be that these smaller companies are spending so much on graphics etc that the story suffers as a result. I know nothing about how games are developed, but I can see graphics becoming an issue when you have to render them in 2D/3D or in HD.

That being said, I have finally forced myself to play 11 hours and 30 minutes of PSMD, and I have finally, FINALLY gotten away from Serene Village and into an actual part of the game I can enjoy. Maybe now I can actually finish this darn thing without feeling like busting my forehead on the desk.

Good luck. I've yet to play more than two-three hours of any PMD game... And I've bought them all aside from the newest.

To be fair, I mostly only replay games these days, and currently in doing Tales of the Abyss on my 3DS. I've surprised myself on hours spent earlier on it, as ve reached 250 hours on the current files, however I know I didn't "buy" continued playtime from my first couple runs. I imagine I've got around 450 hours on this handheld version... However that again is discounting the PS2 version I have, which I believe is around 600 hours. I'd check if my PS2 wasn't dead ;_;, but ye.

And yet, if I were to have a list of how many hours I've spent on Pokemon Showdown, I'd probably cackle like a maniac or die trying, because I play about an hour or three everyday there. HM, I'm gonna try and calculate that, actually. Alright, so, during high school I played Pokemon Online and Showdown inherently, not paying attention in classes at all. That means, between hours 7:30 to 14:30, I played PS/PO. I went to school 190 days a year, that was over the course of three years.
Of course, I played on average 4 hours roundabout on the days I did not attend school (I know this, because I'm addicted to schedules), meaning I had 175 days a year with 4 hours played over those 3 years.

190*7*3=3990 hours
175*4*3=2100 hours
6090 hours so far

Of course, this I ignoring the days I spent fully playing the game, or the days I didn't play at all, but yeah. That's at least the high school years. Next is the last year of middle school which was went I discovered Shoddy Battles, a game I didn't play as much as the others, but again mainly in school hours (I'm hopeless). So 8:00-14:00 was school hours, meaning 6 hours. But I can remove about two hours a day from this because we had a teacher that hated computers (well, they all did, but none really stopped us) so that means 190*4 which is 760 hours. Alright, now the last years since highschool (two years I believe) I've played about, lets say 2 hours on average a day. So that's 730*2 which is 1460

So from this I think we can say about 8310 hours spent on Pokemon Competitive simulators over the course of 6 years.

Finally, how much is that in days/months/years?
A year is 8760 hours, so I'm 450 hours away from that, meaning I've got 18 days and 8 hours left until I've reached the milestone of wasting a year of my life in a game about poaching cute monsters and forcing them to fight eachothers. If I add in the hours I've played in-game, I'll probably get another 6-700 hours, so yeah.

Note: All calcs have been made in head, if anything is wrong, please spout out like a Scarf Kyogre.

So! With that said, can I possibly add Pokemon in general to my "completed games list" or would that be insufficient experience?

#36 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

are these all games you already have? XD

Yes.  It's amazing how much you can get for 50 dollars on Steam sales.

And yet, if I were to have a list of how many hours I've spent on Pokemon Showdown, I'd probably cackle like a maniac or die trying, because I play about an hour or three everyday there. HM, I'm gonna try and calculate that, actually. Alright, so, during high school I played Pokemon Online and Showdown inherently, not paying attention in classes at all. That means, between hours 7:30 to 14:30, I played PS/PO. I went to school 190 days a year, that was over the course of three years.

Okay.  Now you have my curiosity.  What generation was that in and what playstyle did you mainly use?

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#37 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Yes.  It's amazing how much you can get for 50 dollars on Steam sales.

Okay.  Now you have my curiosity.  What generation was that in and what playstyle did you mainly use?

haha, fair. Just wondering. I typically don't view Steam backlogs as impressive as others simply because of how cheap it is to get games, but it's a big backlog nonetheless.

It's more like, those people with like 500 Steam games... like, come on. are you honestly that interested in all those games? Do you even know what half of them are? or are you just buying games when they're cheap and adding them to your backlog because y not? lol. It's kind of like saying "I'm making the world's greatest game" but not having any of the money, experience, or knowledge for it, IMO. If you have a backlog that big, prove that it's not just a bunch of games you bought and something you actually mean to follow through with/complete =P /mini-rant

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#38 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

haha, fair. Just wondering. I typically don't view Steam backlogs as impressive as others simply because of how cheap it is to get games, but it's a big backlog nonetheless.

It's more like, those people with like 500 Steam games... like, come on. are you honestly that interested in all those games? Do you even know what half of them are? or are you just buying games when they're cheap and adding them to your backlog because y not? lol. It's kind of like saying "I'm making the world's greatest game" but not having any of the money, experience, or knowledge for it, IMO. If you have a backlog that big, prove that it's not just a bunch of games you bought and something you actually mean to follow through with/complete =P /mini-rant

Some people clearly have more money than they do sense. Or they're like me and got like 80 dollars' worth of steam cards and are just like WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS JUNK. That being said, I still have 35 dollars left and have no freaking idea what to do with it. It's just sitting here...

IUfb9Eg.png

#39 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

i suggest duck game and/or rocket league. both fairly cheap(rocket league is on sale right now maybe? it was yesterday anyway) very fun games. duck game is more of a party game to play with a couple friends though.

#40 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

Some people clearly have more money than they do sense. Or they're like me and got like 80 dollars' worth of steam cards and are just like WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS JUNK. That being said, I still have 35 dollars left and have no freaking idea what to do with it. It's just sitting here...

yeahh I'm not a huge PC gamer so honestly if you gave me a Steam card, I'd be kinda lost what to do with it outside of like, giving away games to people who actually wanted stuff. there really isn't a lot that I want on Steam that I don't already have or can/want to get for another system

EDIT: also Rocket League is pretty fun though the fun wore off relatively quickly for me (I think part of it is that a lot of it feels like actual soccer where the ball is just kind of rolling back and forth and I'm like ughhhh I just wanna scoooore lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users