Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Thank you for everything.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

Just wanted to say, thank you for everything, everyone.

Just as a country is nothing without its people, a community is nothing without its members.

It's thanks to everyone who participated that I have as many fond memories as I do, and I wish all the good-natured members I've met over the many, many years this site has been alive lives full of good fortune and happiness.

I'm sure I will remember and cherish both the fun times and the people I made lasting friendships with for the rest of my life.

While the golden days of these forums may have come to an end, please do feel free to let me know at any time how you are doing and what's new in your lives. The connection I built with these forums, no matter how thinned by the passing of time, is something I truly value, and having an old friend say hello would be an easy way to bring joy to my day. :)

Best wishes,

"Fire Blazer"

E-mail: smashfire17 AT gmail DOT com

Discord: BBaller#1033

Twitter: @BurningGrav (https://twitter.com/BurningGrav)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

So are you going to close the forums to new members, in order to prevent more spambots?

IUfb9Eg.png

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

So are you going to close the forums to new members, in order to prevent more spambots?

lol, I didn't think of that. I just felt like making this post.

I'll look into some measure for the spambots.

EDIT: I don't feel like manually validating accounts (I don't have that kind of time), so I've disabled new registrations.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Spambots are currently being shot in the face by me when I have spare time.  Current rate of intervention needed is about once a week or less.

We should be capable of allowing new registrations as long as some of the "Staff" team is still around.

Also, screw you Blazer.  Now I have to join Twitter :mellow:

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:11 AM

Spambots are currently being shot in the face by me when I have spare time.  Current rate of intervention needed is about once a week or less.

We should be capable of allowing new registrations as long as some of the "Staff" team is still around.

Also, screw you Blazer.  Now I have to join Twitter :mellow:

I mean... it's your call, I guess. I'd like to help, but I just have too much going on for me to get into the habit of such a thing... (or I'd be making actual posts, tbh)

I think you have admin access to change it? Maybe? If not, let me know I can do it

And... no you don't? XP I just comment on random stuff on Twitter, I can't even recommend following myself. That place is just kind of a void to throw thoughts in, if you ask me. Unless you're like a news site or some company trying to market a service or product or something like that with a specific purpose, haha. Or a super memer or the like.

I mostly just use it for news, myself, since it's useful as a news feed/aggregate of sorts. Then I occasionally comment on stuff to waste time or whatever, usually when I'm bored (like while walking around or waiting in line) or procrastinating getting up from bed in the morning, I think. :P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

I just comment on random stuff on Twitter, I can't even recommend following myself. That place is just kind of a void to throw thoughts in, if you ask me

I can't be bothered to do that much. lol. And it's too short for my thoughts. Now, using it to post images from my 3DS or Nintendo Switch? Sure! lol

I thought this topic was about closing the forums oops.

IUfb9Eg.png

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

I can't be bothered to do that much. lol. And it's too short for my thoughts. Now, using it to post images from my 3DS or Nintendo Switch? Sure! lol

I thought this topic was about closing the forums oops.

naw just felt like making a post here saying thanks

I feel like getting screenshots on my comp by uploading them to social media can be kind of a pain tho

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

naw just felt like making a post here saying thanks

I feel like getting screenshots on my comp by uploading them to social media can be kind of a pain tho

Less of a pain than doing it by taking a photo, closing the game, removing my sd card, putting it in the comp, getting the picture, uploading somewhere, and then sharing it. lol

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Less of a pain than doing it by taking a photo, closing the game, removing my sd card, putting it in the comp, getting the picture, uploading somewhere, and then sharing it. lol

oh, for sure.

just saying, could be even better yet.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

And... no you don't? XP I just comment on random stuff on Twitter, I can't even recommend following myself. That place is just kind of a void to throw thoughts in, if you ask me. Unless you're like a news site or some company trying to market a service or product or something like that with a specific purpose, haha. Or a super memer or the like.

149 characters a post isn't enough and having me use something like Twitlonger turns it into a blog thing.  And I already have one of those.

RedBlue.png

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

oh, totez. I mean, I just kind of end up spamming when I want to say more. only raaaarely use Twitlonger. but too lazy to start my own blog/probably even less people would read it than my Twitter, so lol

besides, the 140 character limit at least makes me TRY to avoid spamming and ranting. give me a full post every time and I'm even less likely to hold back/restrain myself, lol

btw, where's your blog

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:17 AM

btw, where's your blog

In my signature.  I avoid posting anything politics or the like because it's far too easy to get people angry on the internet for not agreeing with them. 

Heck, I typically won't even post something even remotely controversial like "I didn't like Gurren Lagann...if I could stay awake through it".

RedBlue.png

#13 roger

roger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

dude blazer you left 2 weeks after I re found this place. It's me, charon. prince marph

I sent you a friend request on Discord, would like to catch up. 

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

dude blazer you left 2 weeks after I re found this place. It's me, charon. prince marph

I sent you a friend request on Discord, would like to catch up. 

OH

CHARON

that name is more familiar

hi

wait, I left what? if you just refound this place now, how could I have left two weeks after

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

I still remember the day we had to rejoin the forums. 9 years later.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

I still remember the day we had to rejoin the forums. 9 years later.

you mean after one of the moves? has it really been 9 years? I kinda have a hard time believing that, haha...

good to see you're still kicking, btw, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

you mean after one of the moves? has it really been 9 years? I kinda have a hard time believing that, haha...

good to see you're still kicking, btw, haha.

Yes, it was when the forum IV went down and you had to restart. The date was November 26th 2008. I check in from time to time. Sad to see a place slowly die. But it is what it is.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

Yes, it was when the forum IV went down and you had to restart. The date was November 26th 2008. I check in from time to time. Sad to see a place slowly die. But it is what it is.

Man, what a throwback. It's nice someone remembers though, heh.

And yeah, I know, I feel like most of the old members aren't even that invested into FE anymore, haha. I mean, some of us still play, but even if we do, it's not really like the old days, and we don't have the same free time to discuss and make jokes and sprite edits and all that, heh. Like you said though, it is what it is. Thanks for stopping by.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

:(

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:16 AM

:(